The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmmurdock

hmmurdock Senior member

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

It's available :fonz:

The girl in line behind me was grabbing the sleeve saying she liked it as the cashier was ringing it up... while she was with her boyfriend who was buying a sport coat :lol:

3. GoogleMyYahoo

GoogleMyYahoo Active Member

she wants to secs you [​IMG]

4. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

This is correct to see - Spoo thrifting. Please keep it up broski.

Although I am a little out of thrifting action at the moment due to 200mile daily commutes, I read this thread whenever I can.

Glad to see Spoomeister hitting the action, look forward to seeing some insanely high end stuff you scored in the wild.

5. mainy

mainy Senior member

thanks frenchy and spoo. I guess I will give it a few more days then go to the post office and see what they tell me. Or maybe I'll try their 800 number. If they aren't going to give me proof of delivery, I better at least get my shipping costs refunded.

6. s_allen_p

s_allen_p Senior member

I provided ties for some Pinterest themed easter egg decorating. It's seems to have been enough of an internet hit that I don't think I need to explain. I'm not ashamed to admit that the Christian Dior ties were part of one of my fist posts to the thread.

[​IMG]

7. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Have been catching as catch can on my handheld over the last couple of days while spending time in the doghouse. Much more I've wanted to react to, but for now, this will have to do:

Is that an SC or a full suit? Been looking for a decent quality blue windowpane/glenplaid suit for a while. That might be slightly more vtg than I'm looking for, but figured I'd ask.

Spoo back thrifting? I think you live near me. :cloud: Wait, maybe I could do a meetup and actually LEARN something. :slayer: Anywhoo, I want to say those look like the size tag for a couple of LL Bean pants I have. Would be consistent with the style. Can say as I'm certain, though, since I don't have them with me. But 36 could work for me. They brown or green? Will PM....

Finally, re: Catside's comment re: fleas and lice in thrifted clothes: What's the consensus on how common/fixable this is? I generally keep everything in my car trunk until I can get it dry cleaned. Stuff I sell I generally don't clean on the assumption that the buyer will need to (since it's all folded up and will need pressing) (Is this wrong?). Stuff I buy for me, I clean more or less immediately. Has anyone found this insufficient? I swear, one infestation will put a swift end to either my thrifting or my marriage (possibly both).

8. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Pictures of the sport coat I picked up...finally got an iPhone and wanted to try the camera out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. eazye

eazye Senior member

If the item is really dirty, I send it to the dry cleaners before I even get home. Most other things I just try to get to as soon as possible. I go to some dirty ass spots but have never had a problem. My wife however claims (jokingly) that our house has thrift mites from all the stuff I bring home:)

10. workthatwedo

workthatwedo Senior member

15 35 is my size. After I tried to give you for free a shirt that had shrunk to not fit me, forgive me if I don't pick up anymore. [​IMG]

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

:laugh:

I don't have time to get back in the game while home - that was on vacation with some time to kill. I can't say it didn't reignite the fire though! Thanks for the info on the pants, PM replied.

12. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

13. workthatwedo

workthatwedo Senior member

Yes, I was busting your balls for just that but my [​IMG] made it all OK.

14. catside

catside Senior member

:lol: Fleas are not natural human parasites. Sorry. Lice only human to human close contact. Sorry about that, too. It was a metaphor. Do not hug and kiss people in thrift stores, though.
    Bedbugs do not survive long enough without feeding on blood so while you can get it from hotel beds or sitting on a chair that was sat by a bedbuggy clothed person very near afterwards you can probably not get it from thrifted clothes. Fungi is a different story they will survive in spores. Antiseptic spray on all used shoes, or bowling alley shoes etc. will take care of that. Two applications within a week, lysol or generic is more than sufficient.

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I can't believe the lack of love for Jil Sander, LOL! $450 shirt, LOL! I thought I won the internet, LOL!

j/k. Back to the drawing board.
    I will best you yet, darkmatter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.