The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

MAINY - I can help with shipping... whats up? PM if you like, but ask here if you can for public education...:)

40R and yeah! Is it the suit or the SC?

2. tben

tben Senior member

3. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

4. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

It had 2400+ views (not sure how many were after the auction ended though).

5. valium

valium Senior member

another chubby inducing find,listening to some Tammy Wynette paired with Polk A,damn sounds good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012

6. elev8rz

elev8rz Senior member

It's the full suit, my friend. I'll make it back there Monday at the latest to check it out. PM me your usual measurements to make sure it's a fit.

7. chrisrotolo

chrisrotolo New Member

Zegna Brown sportcoat - $50
    Valentino Suit - $20
    Armani black and white houndstooth sportcoat - $20
    Hugo Boss Suit - $75
    Canali Green sportcoat - $50

All from one place here in Toronto.

8. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Went on an all day spree with toscano_adottato today. A few notables.

First off, can I get some help authenticating this Stefano Ricci tie? What threw me for a loop is the somewhat gaudy gold lettering in the name, and the fact that there's no content label at all. Otherwise, it seems pretty good quality. It's definitely printed silk, and the silk has some weight to it. I didn't/wouldn't think Ricci ties are popular enough to be faked, but stranger things have happened. Anyone feel free to chime in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shirts: Recent HF, Zegna, Zegna. All my size [​IMG]. Had to leave 3-4 other similar recent Zegnas behind due to serious collar/pit stain action going on. The striped one has a little bit that should come out with an Oxy, but the purple one is pretty much good to go.

[​IMG]

Hickey Freeman Bespoke jacket. Don't think this is an orphan based on the jacket pattern and the buttons. Might be wrong.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, and this one that some of you guise may have heard of. First time I've seen toscano get really excited about a find in awhile, haha. I handed it off to him since it's his size.

[​IMG]

Insanely thick and large buttons. Several were cracked though, but it's worth it to replace them on this bad boy.

9. mainy

mainy Senior member

So, I shipped something express to germany, and the tracking just says this: Addressee requests own pick-up - Item being held, addressee being notified.

It's been 4 days now... the buyer told me they got the item and are happy with it but I'm pissed because I paid a ton of money extra for express and have no proof of delivery. Have you ever had this happen? I guess I'm going to have to go to the PO and bitch about it...

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Today

Harris Tweed. 42S
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hickey Freeman. 43L
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Angelo Nardelli. 44R. Has cool metal buttons. Anyone know anything about this label?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also had this little guy in the pocket...
    [​IMG]

Giorgio Armani. 38R
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AE (9D), J&M (10D), Tods (9)
    [​IMG]

Corneliani. 16/41. Very cool detail pattern in the fabric. White contrast collar/french cuffs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also picked up a couple of shirts and wooden hangers (as you can see :nodding:).

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That is a new one, certainly. Never heard of that before. Although, you can file a non receipt claim for the insurance provided by Express mail without proof of delivery. Thats an instant win. Just saying.

12. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

That Armani is actually kind of cool and in my size.

13. SpooPoker

So, hit up an old haunt before coming back from vacation. My first time in a thrift store in years, felt good to be back :laugh:

Came back with a few questions...

Awesome corduroy pants embroidered with ducks - construction is top notch, but the only label I see is the one below. Any clue? Damn shame these are too big on me, I love them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then, this great Gitman Bros. plaid short sleeved shirt in XXL:
    [​IMG]

Last, a gorgeous Brooks Brothers recent tweed jacket, but I never saw a comp label like this one - was it MTM?
    [​IMG]

Also a pair of articulated shoe trees by Johnston & Murphy, gold knobs, $4.99.

Everything is available (except the trees)

14. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Wow!! :wow:

15. valium

valium Senior member

i may help you with this one,happened to me when shipped to Holland.so when you ship express the regular post doesnt deliver it over there,i think DHL does.so what happens is the two systems arent in sync and there is a (jet) lag.in my case after the customer picked something up i think it took like a week to finally show up on my end (canada post) i know you use USPS but its the same thing,one is a govt machine and the other a private company.hope that helps and thats what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.