The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Spoo's a made man. He got upped. Congrats.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  2. MyOtherLife

They are bastards when threads like this one taught them? :) The other disappointing part is they are lifeless blobs.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

4. mainy

mainy Senior member

Wat. Are you serious spoo? Ebay wouldn't remove something if I paid them to. Oh wait, I do pay them. I'm still not a top rated seller because of 2 fraudulent cases opened against me TEN MONTHS ago. :foo: Urghhhh

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Swear to god man. Just came in from nowhere.

Not spam either, its in eBay messages.

6. MyOtherLife

:lol: I soooo handed that to you.

7. Larson McCord

Larson McCord Senior member

Here is mine but I was unaware of any cases against me. Weird

Thanks for being a great seller! As part of our ongoing support for sellers, based on our policies, we've taken actions to protect your hard-earned seller performance status. For transactions occurring between Mar 01, 2011 and Feb 29, 2012, we have:
    Removed eBay Buyer Protection cases*: 2
    Unfortunately, we can't give specific details about these removals for confidentiality reasons.

Although we will not be able to adjust your performance status in every instance, in these particular situations we know it's appropriate. You don't have to do anything else to receive this protection.

8. SpooPoker

They're handing out candy today.

9. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

Not since page 79.

10. s_allen_p

s_allen_p Senior member

Thanks for the tip on the suit. Unfortunately it doesn't fit me. I was hoping the lack of pleats was a sign of some sort of newness.

When I started going out, the number one spot on my list of things to find was either John Lobbs, or Edward Greens. So, if I remember right from a few pages back, and you found a pair of Lobbs...that fit...wow.

Still a lot I'd still like to find of course if I can find the time. Years ago I used to spend my time hunting down out of print albums at used music stores. The big grail find for my friends and I was the original Toxic Shock release of Treepeople's "Guilt, Regret, Embarrassment" (the K Records re-release was missing 7 songs in case anyone cares). I went straight to the "T" section for 7 years. When I finally found it, I actually had a slight feeling of panic that someone would see it in my hands and snatch it. Anyways, now that I can find any album on line in minutes, it's been nice having something to replace that missing thrill.

11. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

Regarding digging for vinyl: it's a great feeling to finally find a record you've been looking ages for and never thought you'd actually find. Makes it all the more sweeter if you finally found it AND the record isn't beaten to death.

12. JChance

JChance Senior member

Yesterday, I found 2 Kiton shirts (1 Brand New Pink and Navy vertical stripes shirt, 1 Like-New white), 2 recent E. Zegna white shirts (Like-New), 1 Lorenzini (brand new) and 7 L. Borrelli shirts (all in Excellent-Like New condition, mostly white), most have dry cleaner tags on them, all size 39-40. They made my day to find Kiton in the wild, especially my size (with a bit of tailoring)

13. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

^^ L.A. has gotta be the thrifting Mecca. It has[/I ]to be.
    Big +1

14. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

I generally use downloading music to keep me abreast of whats new in the various genres I care about. For things that have been out for quite some time or that I have any hope of finding on vinyl, I will definitely seek them out. Finding an OG press of The Replacements' Let it Be or Jawbreaker's 24 Hour Revenge Therapy for $5 definitely trumps downloading it in 4 minutes. Lots of stuff I'm interested in now (namely hip hop) is released as a free download, so I'm sad to see the thrill of finding stuff like this on vinyl because a physical copy simply doesn't exist. I'd like to live in the High Fidelity world where everything has to be discovered by word of mouth of via scarcely published zines from far flung places.

15. grendel

grendel Senior member

I went and checked out the Adrian Jules suits... They were way too small for me. Probably a 36-38 with some wild linings and a bit out there designs. Left those.

Also left an unstructured vintage BB tweed, olive herringbone with red stripes. Around a 42, pretty close on me, but I'm not looking for next fall.

I did pick up a graphite shaft 7 iron since I lost mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.