1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LooknGr8

LooknGr8 Senior member

Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror

what scares me is 331 + feedback. All pervs?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

or maybe donating?

3. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Funny as I saw a Ferrari FF pulling out of a parking spot at the GW the other day. Exahust note was pure music. At another there are regularly at least 5-7 new (ish) Mercedes, BMWs or Audis parked in the lot at any given time.

4. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Possibly, though this GW has a drive-up donation spot right out front. Oh, I like to believe that no one can resist the allure of a Goodwill on a weekday.

5. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

you could be right theres a GW on my route,never fails every monday this guy in a yellow Lotus makes a visit.
    looks like a freaking toy by the way,waaaay too small for that kind of coin although im sure its fast and nimble as fuck.

6. TheNeedMachine

I've seen those teeny Lotuses (Loti?) - I think it's the Elise model...no idea, but not as impressive as it ought to be. And yeah you see them in the most normal places - Target, thrift, cheapo dry cleaners, Home Depot etc.

7. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

im not easily impressed but yesterday i was on a patio watching the euro game.
    a guy pulled up in a RR Phantom with the suicide doors.my volvo was parked beside it and i swear you could fit my whole car into that cabin with the doors open,like holy shit man.
    really hot wife too...sigh,one day only 1000000 teak chairs to go.

8. grendel

grendel Senior member

I've heard that the ride is rough enough to make you physically ill. Definitely not designed for a leisurely drive.

9. TheNeedMachine

Speaking of teak chairs - that Danish / MCM etc stuff you pull in - absolutely insane! My bone(r) is for Heywood-Wakefield (dog bone chairs, wishbone table etc)...stupid me didn't realize until recently that the company is still in business and making the same stuff new. Ditto - only [1000000] more shirts on eBay and that dining set will be mine.
    Not every day you see a RR Phantom either...suicide doors are sweet on some rides (Lincoln Continental; not so much on a Pontiac Fiero - let alone those godawful "Lambo doors").
    OK turning back over to the thrifters with schwag to post!

10. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Is this label worth picking up? Saw a navy flannel blazer with it today. Think it was kind of large though, approximately 44. Debating if I should go back.

Congrats! I had been eyeballing that on etsy for a while now. Was skeptical it would sell at that price. I saw an 80's ralph lauren shirt exactly like this today. Obviously wasn't NOS but debating going back for it. Left it behind because it was two sizes two large for me.

11. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

love wakefield stuff,if you like that sort check out Russell Spanner furniture

12. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Picked up one of these Zero Halliburton aluminum briefcases, $1.99. Unfortunately the previous owner bolted a padlock latch onto it.

[​IMG]

Also, big thanks to ocooney for trading me a fantastic Andover Shop overcoat in charcoal herringbone, and for tossing in a sweet bonus shirt. It's an amazing coat and he was a pleasure to trade with.

13. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Woa, check out those nut hugger!

Hey Wes, you think I can rock those M upside down and pass as Ws?
    Is that Gucci available? Please see my PM. Thanks!

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I sold a used and very damaged RG shirt for $72 :bigstar:

15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Yeah, I couldn't realy decide if they were M's or W's, kinda sloppy either way.

Chest 41
    Waist 39
    Sleeve 24
    Shoulder 18.25
    Length BOC 29.5

16. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

I would make an ammo bag.

17. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Cost $7, worth $25 so you left them. Perhaps it's just me, but I wouldn't leave thirteen $10 bills hanging.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  18. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

Brooks Brothers tux jacket and trousers I picked up yesterday. Classic one button, peak lapel and full canvas construction. Probably Southwick. 41 R and available.

[​IMG]

19. TheNeedMachine

Looking to buy a leather Ray-Ban branded glasses case, to fit my Rx "New Wayfarers" sunglasses, and alternately my smaller Rx Ray-Ban indoor glasses. Something like this. Pisses me off every time I spend $600 on glasses they give me a cheap pleather case that cracks & chips in a week.

20. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

@ Matty , I'd be shocked if you can't get at least $75, someone here.can help.more but throw.in wild unique and definitely embroidered ... orchids or whatever the fuck that is on there. The only one I've sold was an xlt. for 109.99 :slayer:
    on another note, I'm gonna be in saint Louis for.a few hours, ANYONE have a good spot or two in mind? I'd appreciate.the.help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.