Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I bought a linen tie from her cheap, but it had stains on it. Wasn't worth the time to open a case so I just tossed it. I hope/doubt this was normal experience though.

She has trouble with pictures for whatever reason.

2. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Oops, I thought it was the place where you got your closet full of new borrelli shirts :slayer:

I really want to know what was there before you got there :hide:

3. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Yeah, I missed out on some serious stuff, according to the lady running the sale.

4. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

Since it's so zzzzzZzzZzzz in here:

I hope my haul today will make one of the larger members of this thread [​IMG]. Came across a BUNCH of sport coats that are handmade/custom/bespoke .. dont want to promise on the bespoke part as I know that is a loaded gun of an adjective. a couple of these have one button only (see picture) not sure what to make of these. the rest are nice material, working cuffs, etc..

will post pics/sizes later.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012

5. GHo

GHo Senior member

while we're on the subject of ebay...

had a person buy 2 sportscoats on an auction that ending Sunday morning. Sent an invoice, didn't get paid. Sent another invoice on Wed., nothing. Started to get nervous as the last feedback said "@@@BUYER NEVER PAID OR ANSWERED ANY EMAILS,HAD TO FILE UNPAID CASE"

So, I'm thinking, oh great. Another unpaid item case opens on Thursday, and I'm like "I'm going to hit this guy because this shit sucks", so I leave him a positive feedback but leave the note "NON-PAYING BIDDER. BID ON TWO ITEMS NO PAY. BEWARE?!!?!!". Always wanted to do that for the last 6 open cases this year but never had the balls and always waited too late.

Anyways, I get a note in email today from the buyer saying "thanks for the crappy feedback... etc. etc. (not the nicest)." GO FIGURE. and they even paid for the coats, so they'll probably hit me with shit feedback on the flipside.

My question is this - how can i change the feedback so it looks like a normal transation? is it possible? Don't want to get my first negative on some bullshit vendetta issue that a buyer has.

I guess I learned my lesson. :embar:

6. concealed

concealed Senior member

ebays feedback system for buyers is useless, many people wait til the last second to bid anyways, so its hard to even review buyers until the auction has already ended.

7. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Senior member

moar like ASSbay

8. amadar

amadar Senior member

Walked out of my local SA today completely befuddled. I hadn't been in a while as this location, while large, never really produced much and has always been one of the filthiest stores I have been to. For some reason, this store has decided that every single suit on their racks, whether it be Stafford or Brioni, be priced at $50. WTF? This is a Salvation Army, right? Perhaps because of the pricing, I actually decided to flip through all 100 or so of the suits (told you it was a large location) just in case there was a super nice suit someone decided not to buy b/c of the $50 tag. Nothing. Not even a old HF....or a dated Brooks 346.......just nothing. Ibet a lot of the suits on that rack retailed for around $50.

Anyways, drove across the street to the Goodwill and found a NWT RLPL Cashmere V Neck in the "fancy item case", with a not so fancy price. This made up for the horror that was the SA trip. :D

9. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

:nodding:

10. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

For a seller, I think the motto is... "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.' No positive can come from a seller saying or doing that is not 110% positive. Even if the case opened and then closed and he never paid, all he has to do is win another auction, for low $, pay and leave you a neg. Not worth it, imo.

11. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Also, in cases like you were answering, if the buyer requests that the seller's feedback be removed, it will be removed. It is against ebay's rules for a seller to leave negative comments under that positive banner. They make it impossible for a seller to leave negative feedback for a buyer, if the buyer knows the rules.

12. GHo

GHo Senior member

i'd like to help get it removed so the buyer doesn't hit me like in BP's scenario. Can you tell me where to go so I can instruct the buyer what to do? I messed around on the fuckin' customer support tab for a while but it kept popping up "you don't have any feedback to change" (or something liek that.

13. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

Grabbed a pair of Brooks Brothers braces. I think the summer slowdown is here. Bunch of shorts and t-shirts on the racks.

[​IMG]

Damn dude.

You sent an invoice at the end of the auction? Don't do that. They already get an email from eBay with the total to pay. It's annoying when I get an item and have three or four messages from eBay saying CONGRATULATIONS!!1, I won, and I need to pay, and from the seller with an invoice.

You sent another one on Wednesday? Don't do that. They know.

You left a negative positive on Thursday? Four days after close? I don't even...

14. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

my first pair of
    [​IMG]'s

navy blue. 34 x 28, with an extra 3" of material inside. available for trade.

[​IMG]

15. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

I didn't know Vestimenta/Armani was capable of this quality...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Curiously Hermes-like
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.