The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Well, mine was pretty dusty but it cleaned up well with a wet rag. I do need to re-tape the handlebars before I sell it, though. The original tape is deteriorating and a lot of it is missing.

Yup, I found the same one in blue. Trek 510. Has 510 Chromoly under the sear but has 505 or something like that near the chain. Found it on Wednesday and posted but it may have gotten lost with how quick the thread moves.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  2. grendel

grendel Senior member

On to ties and miscellaneous... First, a jacket I got that's really well made but I couldn't find much info on... green suede Marco Pierguidi with handwarmer pocket, front pockets, drawstring bottom, and underarm vents. Couldn't find a size marked, but it's big... XL maybe? Available if anyone wants it, or let me know if you know anything else about it. Otherwise I guess I'll take it back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sweaters... I got myself a baby blue J Crew cotton / cashmere for spring. I picked up a pair of these Blarney Woolen Mills size L wool cable knit Irish sweaters... both NWT

[​IMG]

A very nice NWOT croc-print leather Polo RL belt, 36 (available for you guys with no belt luck)

[​IMG]

A couple other SC's... A Brooks Brothers summer SC. Looks like seersucker, but not... corded? Dunno what to call it. About a size 38. Available

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Brooks Brothers boys size 16 navy blazer... right size for you smaller guys?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple pairs of braces... One pair with no name, but well made. The other pair a very cool tartan by Pendleton

[​IMG]

Ties!

Some Tie Bar ties for me to warm up

[​IMG]

Some pretty good ones... Liberty of London for Saks cotton, E. Zegna, Holland & Sherry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some I don't think I've seen on here before... Rubinacci x2 and Etro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whew! That's a lot of stuff...

3. grendel

grendel Senior member

Cool! Any idea who made them in Italy for Cole Haan? They're some of the best made shoes I've ever seen.

4. grendel

grendel Senior member

I'll measure stuff up and return PM's tomorrow... taking pics and posting has worn me out [​IMG]

5. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    Those Rubinacci's are old, but nice patterns/finds nonetheless.

6. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

Ohh, I do remember seeing that. Great find! What component set does it have on it? Some were equipped with Camagnolo. Mine is a mixed set of Shimano Dia-Compe, SunTour, and I forget what else.

The bike is in pretty bad shape, though. The derailleurs have seized, there's some rust in places, hubs are rough, aluminum totally oxidized. But it will certainly be a fun project! :slayer:

Weird. I have that exact same pair of shoes in that crazy 7D size. I'm a 10.5D and they're even too big for me--they fit like an 11D. I think I'm going to throw these up on eBay in light of your post.

7. GoogleMyYahoo

GoogleMyYahoo Active Member

Hay guys i'm new here and this is the first time i've posted in this thread. I lurk here a LOT. Here are some of the things i've found over the past 2 weeks.

E. Zegna shirt x2 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pringle cashmere sweater
    [​IMG]

Kilgour French and Stanbury Overcoat. I think this thing is gorgeous
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lorenzini shirt
    [​IMG]

Drake's for Barneys
    [​IMG]

Turnbull & Asser herringbone
    [​IMG]

Faconnable shirt
    [​IMG]

Corneliani Navy 3 button
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the cell phone pics

8. 951socal

951socal Senior member

picked this up the other week?

Anybody want this cornelliani shirt?

tag size: 16/41.

French cuff.

i like how the bottom button is horizontal while the other are vertical on it

on shirt extra buttons

$20 + shipping +4% paypal

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  9. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Did I click on the B&S forum by accident [​IMG]

10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I'll check when I get back from vacation. I actually should have checked when I got it.

11. grendel

grendel Senior member

I went back and picked up 4 more of the Ted Baker SC's... 3 more of the grey (sizes 3,4,5) and one more of the blue with functional cuffs. Also a HF tie.

I was worried because when I got there there was a guy checking out with 3 of the Ted Baker SC's (the louder ones), but there were still 4 more back there.

12. ocooney

ocooney Senior member

So I've hadn't been able to hit any stores for a week or so and had been on a dry spell before that. This weekend I found a few oddball things. Sorry about the pictures, I thought I had rotated them:

[​IMG]
    Belstaff Pro-Bika nylon jacket. Padded back. Can find very little information on the web. Anyone know how old the logo is?

[​IMG]
    Orvis safari jacket in 42. 65% polyester. Available.

[​IMG]
    I have no idea what this thing is. I told my wife I think it's what rich people wear instead of an LL Bean chamois shirt. Canali Linen totally unstructured 4 button overshirt. Tagged 52.

[​IMG]
    Deadstock Levis 532. Picked up mostly for the 1984 Olympic sponsor tag. 36x30. Available

[​IMG]
    Not really a thrift find, but picked up this Attolini long sleeve button up knit shirt. $75 at a consignment store but one of the nicest pieces I've had.

[​IMG]
    Zegna 58/42 Cotton/Linen 32x32 olive pa

Also found a nice J Press suit that I've sent off to my brother and a Polo flag sweater.

O

13. bytor13

bytor13 Senior member

Hit up a few new stores in my area today. Amongst a sea of Haggar and Stafford, I found this. Unfortunately, it's a little too big and has a small stain at the bottom front, though I think it can be worked out.

RLPL polo (L) - available to a good home:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Try the oxyclean method for that. Works great on white shirts.

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Just started reading this thread, and I think this will be a fun hobby. Is there any post with general advice on where to start? I think the first thing I need to do is become more familiar with all the brands available. Does made in London or Italy generally indicate a good buy or is it still a crap shoot? Do you guys generally dry clean the items before listing? I went perusing yesterday, but didn't pick anything up... passed on a Christian Dior sport coat. Mistake? I'm not really an MC guy but I like clothes and I love buying and selling so this should be fun :D

Also, I live in an area with a fair disparity of wealth all nearby. Should I hit up the rich areas or poor ones for best finds? Thinking they would have better clothes in richer areas, but that nicer stuff would be less appreciated/recognized in poorer areas making it easier to score.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.