The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That black unbranded grenadine and the T&A, whats the width and I'm listening about both :) The one you call a skinny grenadine is 99% just a knit, would need better pic to confirm, same with the stripe one.

And that Hermes might not be a fake... better pic of the fabric and that embroidered back?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

2. grendel

grendel Senior member

I just bought a pair of those in tortoise with brown lenses on eBay... $96. You should do well.

3. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

You actually got a pretty good deal yourself. I have two on my watchlist that I was using for research--one currently at $125, one at $150. I'm gonna travel through my area tomorrow searching TJMaxxs and Marshalls to see if I can find anything else good.

4. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Read on to Spoo's reply below. I'll defer to his expertise on this.

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

How'd you know I was going to reply below? :confused:

6. grendel

grendel Senior member

Okay, getting started with today's haul... I spent a lot at the thrifts today and brought home a LOT of stuff.

First, the Ted Baker SC's

Ted Baker size 2 navy pinstripe (around a 36, I think)... I also have the same one in Ted Baker 4, about a 38-40

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grey pinstripe, also size 2... have it in size 5, around a 41 (my size) but a bit too trim for me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ted Baker Endurance 40R linen SC, fits like a 38 or very slim 40. Charcoal with brown / grey stripes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ted Baker Endurance 40R linen SC, fits like a 38 or very slim 40. Light grey with brown / grey stripes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Navy multi-color striped. Marked a 44S but fits like a slim 42R.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All available, but brianpore has dibs on the size 2's unless he decides they don't work for him

I actually left 4 or 5 behind... some were way more wild than this. One had 2 lines of mint green pick stitching along the lapels. I may go back tomorrow and get them since I'd have a discount

7. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Skinny Knit:

[​IMG]

Striped:

[​IMG]

Hermes:

This is the only marking on the tie and it doesn't feel like anything special. Although, looking closer it does look like the edges are hand-rolled:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thoughts?

Also, sorry, but I'm going to be keeping the black and green grenadine ties for now, I've been looking to add them to my collection for awhile. Everything else is up for grabs.

8. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Wow - you'll do great with these. Ampex is great stuff.
    You one-upped me. I snagged one right before I left for $20 from a thrift. In great original condition. You can't beat free.
    Wow, score on these!!

9. SpooPoker

The black one is a knit, not a grenadine. The stripe is a grenadine, thats pretty cool!

The Hermes is real, and you shall PM me at your convenience to arrange its arrival here. aka Dibs.

:)

10. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

It's a close match. While I got mine for free, yours is in perfect condition. I'm going to spend more than $20 restoring it. I'm actually thinking about making it a bare-bones singlespeed for cruising around town and campus when I go back for another degree soon.

You picked up the exat same model? Weird.

11. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Ugh, if it a least one of those size 4-5s was not a pinstripe and was a Long, I might jump on them. I actually kind of dig the wild-child lining and crazy alternating sleeve holes/hacking pocket tomfoolery, and the fact that they're summerweight. Bummer. Nice gets man, at the very least if no one here is interested, these are primo ebay fodder.

12. grendel

grendel Senior member

On to shoes...

Zegna sport leather / suede 9.5 wide

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tod's suede, 11.5. Outers are in great shape, some damage in the heel inside. If these were my size I'd get some heel pads and rock 'em.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Amazing Cole Haan made in Italy... must be from before Nike bought them but barely worn. 11N (narrow?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NWOT Timberland chelsea boots, black size 10M

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Belvedere Florence crocodile loafers, 8.5M, some damage (suggestions?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. grendel

grendel Senior member

They are pretty long in the sleeves, if not the body [​IMG]

14. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

These should do well on the ebay if no one here PM's you. The size might be a tad hard, but colors other then black seem to sell better. Let them sit till someone comes along :)

Sold a pair in black size 7 (too big for me actually) just recently http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140712020151

15. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

I have a dreamy Corneliani-made PRL navy pinstripe still waiting for it's first wear, since I don't have the pants/style sense to correctly rock the pinstripe as an SC so I'm probably out unfortunately. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.