• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vodq5.jpg

N A T A K U

+1 to the message.

-1 for introducing me to tonight's nightmare.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, lots of questions tonight. What is this?

Removing shine, huh? MattR gave me a few hints on steaming it out from the other side, so I'll try that, but I might try to sell it as is and see how that goes.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ooh, that's an old Gant chambray shirt... :laugh:

I really wish the one I found wasn't stained; it was very nice: great fabric, MOP buttons, cool work wear details. I found another polyester version that was entirely crap, so I guess their old quality varies as wildly as their modern shirts.

Last edited:

951socal

Reaction score
Any of you bigger guys want this?

it says size 52, but its cut for a guy with a 42" chest so it would be a 42L
canali is sized like an Italian brand.

3 button
2 vents on rear

$25 +shipping + 4 paypal if you want it otherwise im harvesting the fabric for a laptop case

MattR

Reaction score

Any of you bigger guys want this?
it says size 52, but its cut for a guy with a 42" chest so it would be a 42L
canali is sized like an Italian brand.
3 button
2 vents on rear
$25 +shipping + 4 paypal if you want it otherwise im harvesting the fabric for a laptop case

dems i-talian sizes

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No one likes my pants?
confused.gif
Wowniceshirt always has good looking auction photos.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140716573342
This looks great! I may do something similar. Looks a ton better than my "hung-on-a-pants-hanger-in-front-of-a-shower-curtain" pants photos.
Anyone familiar with Bel y Cia? Seems like it is mostly Spanish bespoke. Bought a button down (M)
This shirt is beautiful! The collar roll is amazing.
Picked up a nice Borrelli tie and a pair of Canali Sport for Garys Newport Beach courds. available
Beautiful tie, I love the pattern.
Vodq5.jpg
N A T A K U
:laugh: :slayer:
-1 for introducing me to tonight's nightmare.
:laugh:

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DC area brand. There stuff is typically 50/50 in terms of quality, but there nice stuff is very nice. Toscanno turned me on to them, because they are as ubiquitous as Van Heusen around these parts.
I always avoid grabbing them, but the one time I did, it was probably the easiest sale I ever made.

No, this isn't Britches of Georgetowne (and I like their stuff)--completely different label.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gant:

And then there was this:

It was on the "special" rack, so it was priced at $10. Don't kill me, but I also didn't pick up a few more special items, priced at around $20 each, because even though it said Jacket on the tag, they looked like they could have been orphans. And they were 56 R (or maybe it was 58). Three Su Misura SCs. One was a peach herringbone, the other was a blue pinstripe, and I forget was the third was. The shirt is from the same dude, so it's in that size range.

All my finds today were from one GW. I didn't get to search through the shirts, so needless to say, I will be back tomorrow (or possibly Thursday).

D.B.Cooper

Reaction score
Thought I'd post a "thrift fit" for you. I meant to wear a tie today, but never got around to it. Probably the first time I've worn a sport coat without a tie to work. No one tried to stone me.

Jacket: Oxxford
Shirt: PRL
PS: Cheap no-name from Century 21 last week
Trousers: BB Madison (only non-thrifted item)
Shoes: AE

If these trousers weren't already big in the waist I'd take them in and have them tapered some more. Fortunately I've lost some weight and these will be retired soon.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earlier in the thread I mentioned I had some workhorse-bordering-on-decent suits I "inherited" from my retired father, but never posted pics or details. At the risk of :spam:, here is the link to my seller account.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/gregbigmac/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

All 48L or above, so for the legit big guys. I will acknowledge that brands aren't SF approved (currently 2x Valentino MTM, 1x Armani, 1x Abboud Black Label white tux), so please don't hate. (Reasonable) offers welcome.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol. if you don't think selling stuff on ebay is hard work..... photographing, writing listings, measurements, shipping takes a MASSIVE amount of time even if you have it streamlined to perfection. i think people seriously seriously underestimate the amount of effort it takes to sell 30-100 items a week, even 10-20 can be a lot of work if you don't really know what you're doing.

+10000

I couldnt agree more then this statement. I just put out 227 items and it took me all week :brick:

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
EDIT **Looks like I picked these up right in the middle of a 4-page 'pant selling sucks' conversation** BUT fwiw . . .
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I think I finally thrifted some things that belong in this thread. 2 NWOT Flat Front Zanella's 36waist 31 inseam. They still have the plastic tag lanyard on, but no tag. One pair is made of Loro Piana Tazmanian Wool Super 130's

Navy Flat Front Zanella's

The pictures are really bad atm, sorry.

Also a really nice Gitman Bros in Coral :D

EDIT :: Also - does anyone know anything about this? I came across 5-6 pairs today in perfect condition and felt nice quality on first glance but didn't have time to google before closing time :/. I cant quite make out the label in black - poor photo again ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads