The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I just threw up my dinner with excitement!!!!

Not sure there is any point in posting photos of the crap I found today. Untill 10 minutes ago I was pretty proud of my BB Tweed SC, BB LP Cashmere SC, Southwick CS and Harris Tweed SC.

Not so much anymore.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Cotton Dockers ; That hermes tie is real... and real nice. If you're looking to trade, let me know!

Post it if you got it, I know a hell of a lot about women's clothing :smarmy: This however, is pretty much unflappable. 80s/90s BCBG... just re donate.

3. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Guys, please make use of the spoiler function when requoting dm7's post. It is an awesome find, but its a pain to scroll through it five times every page :laugh:

4. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

BTW, does anybody know what Claymore Cashmere is (from said awesome post, dominated by BBGF)

I'd hate for another of his really awesome items to get ignored simply because we've never heard of it, but google hasn't been my friend. On the other hand, it looks like it would be perfect for a friend of mine who has a kilt and a claymore.

5. lastdonb

lastdonb Senior member

It's still 25 per catagory.

6. valium

valium Senior member

hmm i tried creating one last week and it said ten total for new members,but im in canada maybe thats why? i know members in china and india are limited to that as well but would think Canada was different.

7. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

came across my first Allen Edmonds today during a quick visit to VV. Actually, found 3 pairs of AE but only one that was photo-worthy. I left these behind because of the condition of the soles. I can return tomorrow and pick up should you guys suggest otherwise (Size 9D). Leather looks to be in pretty nice shape, but there was a lot of wear on the vibram soles. Thanks for the help guys. Ill have to confirm the 'D'
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Picked up a bunch of ties today. Most hand made in USA or Italy, 100% silk (Rooster, Talbott, USA PRL). I know they are not the upper tier, but thought that they would make a welcome addition to anyone's wardrobe. (I hope).

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

is it a Maroon frame perchance? with yellow accent and white decals? If so, I rode this frame for about 8 months while studying in London :)

8. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

I have to respond to a bunch of you, but I have to get to class.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. mat135ta

mat135ta Senior member

I saw
    2 pairs of navy Incotex with 120's wool, made in Italy, in size 38;
    1 pair of Brioni Sport black wool dress pants in size 40R with a very small pinhead size hole near one of the knees;
    3 pairs of Belvest dress pants, in size 42, one white, no tag, feels like silk/wool blend or 120's, one navy tagged 120's wool, one beige. There are no Belvest name label, only the label of a highend store in LA, but I know the material tag from Belvest :)

If someone is interested, I could proxy for you.

10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

It sucks not having a street wear thrift, yo. It sucks never finding anything your size. It sucks picking up things for trade, only to have them sit in your domicile for like, ever. Rooster sucks, Stafford sucks. It sucks PMing that jrd_whatever dude about measurements, only to have him block you even though you were ready to buy his bomber jacket. Whatevs, yo, I'm not bitter!

NOOBIZOR'S HELP KELLY AND TURBO SAVE THE REC CENTER THREAD: ERRYTHING ONLY FIFTEEN MUTHA-EFFIN' DOLLARS, YO! SALE COMING SOON!

11. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

Ideale saddles = cash. One of my neighbors has a nice Ideale on his bike that he locks outside through all of the elements. I thought about leaving a note on there and offering a nice, more durable saddle in trade but I haven't seen the bike in awhile. BTW, if it has an alloy base, it's worth a serious amount of money.

12. mat135ta

mat135ta Senior member

13. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Darkmatter wins the internets this week.

14. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I am very interested in the navy incotex :)

15. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Steel rail is also worth a lot, especially the Ideale 90, the French answer to Brooks. Those were--are, given they never wear out--the bomb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.