The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

2. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

No offense, but you sound like a baby who needs attention. If someone wants to comment they will. [​IMG]

3. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

I'd be interested in this....

4. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Im digging that navy suit :) but I doubt it would be long enough :(

5. darkmatter7

[​IMG] [​IMG]

No actually, I kind of feel that way right now, so I'm not going to argue.

The Logsdail and Pomeroy are the highest quality pieces I have found by a large margin. I've been blowing up the thread with lower quality stuff, so I'm just really surprised at the lack of a response to this.

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Holy Jeez, how did I miss this!?! Please tell me that Canada Goose is a M or L and is for sale....

WANT!

:D

My wife and I went to Rochester a couple years ago. She had a big dental conference at the Mayo clinic and we stayed the night as it was a 2 day thing. We hit some local thrifts in the off-time we had and had the same idea in mind; big-time medical professionals donating their nice clothing. I was pretty disappointed. I hit a Salvation Army and the only thing I found was a really nice side vented, USA made Polo RL suit that I ended up selling on here. Everything else was usual thrift-store dreck.

I'd like to take a thrift trip to NYC someday. I know the quality of their donations blow our stuff out of the water, but as you stated, their pricing can be higher and I've heard the competition/flippers out there is insane. I'd imagine GW and SA are better priced but with higher competition and more junk to sift through.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  7. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

It be long enough for me. I been had 2 navy suits, but will been had this, too, if it's unclaimed (and if I can afford it. :( )

8. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

^^^ Both of those hats seem nice enough. I've never owned an Adam or a Champ hat, so I can't speak as to their quality or possible value. Wish I had more to add. [​IMG]

9. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

[He blushes and shrugs] Didn't know what they were. Do now. Good work, as usual. And, er, not to :nest: but the "lower quality stuff" you've been blowing the thread up with lately is stuff most of us on this thread would be honored to find -- hell, see -- every now and then. Yes, this is a bragging thread. But IMHO its just as OK to brag about Aston Martins and Maseratis as it is about Bugattis. As I said: Good work, as usual.

10. mat135ta

mat135ta Senior member

11. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Edgar Pomeroy is really nice stuff from what I've heard. Never seen it in person, only on eBay. Stalked it out for awhile waiting for something in my size with no results. Always larger sizes (46 +). EP is a bespoke tailor in Atlanta. Some of their pieces feature styling is quite edgy and fashion forward. such as the suit that darkmatter found (single breasted and peak lapels).

12. valium

valium Senior member

yes it is Akai reels are very hot right now,everybody wants Akai...BUT 10.5 reels are hotter then the 7" so take it for what its worth

13. tben

tben Senior member

Quote:
    Quote:

Quote:
    Thanks for your responses!

14. darkmatter7

I didn't know what they were either, but I could tell they were incredible from a quick inspection. After doing some research on them it turns out that they're both $5000+ bespoke suits. My first hit on google was a Forbes article from 2004 titled something like, "the most expensive suits". Everything I've read has put the Logsdail on the same tier as Kiton, or above. The Edgar Pomeroy is handmade by Martin Greenfield to his highest standard.

Oh, I didn't mean to [​IMG]

By "lower quality stuff" I didn't mean that the other stuff is low quality, I only meant that for instance the Brioni's are lower quality than these pieces. I don't mean to be an ass by posting my finds, and I'm sorry if I discouraged anyone from posting.

15. darkmatter7

I always wondered why that particular store didn't have an inventory representative of it's neighborhood. Now I know it's because you get there first [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.