The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. concealed

concealed Senior member

for all you flippers, supreme is dropping a comme des garcons collab in about 3-5 minutes: www.supremenewyork.com

quick buck if you are quick to grab the limited amount available on line

2. applky

applky Senior member

You're surprised? Many would pay full price for something like this. I'd probably only pay sale or thrift prices, but still.

Actually, I see they're Orvis -- was thinking more Bottega Veneta. Anyway you get my idea.

[​IMG]

They actually do mark the interior of some of their boxes. Watch out.

3. concealed

concealed Senior member

that supreme x comme des garcons lasted a total of 90 seconds, hope someone else on here was able to make a quick $50 or so

4. applky

applky Senior member

+1. Regional Rate Boxes are great, and generally the way to go with Priority if you aren't using the small flat rate envelope or small flat rate box.

The only thing I'd say to you all is this: All you ballers who thrift and flip regularly and are shipping many pieces a week could potentially save a great deal of money on postage by negotiating a reduced rate FedEx account. If you have a corporation set up around your operation (Spoo I'm looking at you) you could be looking at gaining a deep bulk discount. FedEx Ground/Home Delivery -- and sometimes even Express Saver -- are almost always cheaper than the comparable USPS option for items over 13oz when you factor in the discount. FedEx also provides free supplies to account holders as well. The potential issues are that you generally have to meet a monthly or yearly ship minimum, otherwise they bill you for the balance; you have to drop off at a FedEx location, as courier collections aren't free as they are with USPS; and services are usually slower than USPS, except around the holidays, when USPS slows down and private carriers do not.

I say this as someone who used to ship domestically and internationally across UPS, FedEx, and USPS as part of a previous job. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like more details about my experiences (I'm not affiliated with FedEx at all).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

5. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Dont they say "PRIORITY MAIL" on the inside (now outside when you flip it), also [​IMG]

6. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

This was a few years ago. It was just white.

7. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

I stopped selling a while back. I just set up an agreement with a member on here who is going to sell my stuff. I took inventory last night: 150 (exactly) items to send to him, and 30-40 in the reject pile (mostly from my earlier days thrifting). I'm living in a small college dorm room, and I can't see the floor.

If anyone is interested in me posting the inventory sheet for kicks, let me know.

That's what I figured [​IMG] . I actually didn't look for the pants. I got this in a larger haul a while back, and my girlfriend was rushing me, so I didn't have a chance to look through the pants.

I googled to the ends of the earth, and came up with nothing.

Not sure. I'll measure later today. [​IMG]

8. Brianpore

Yes and I'm sure everyone wants to know the super special SF thread discount prices [​IMG] (not that any of this will fit me anyway)

9. hmmurdock

hmmurdock Senior member

[​IMG]

10. concealed

concealed Senior member

would love to see that inventory sheet mr. darkmatter7

11. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Senior member

I like to use the tyvek envelopes, fold over in half for extra rigidity and slide it into a 13x19" poly enelope off of eBay.

12. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Found two pair of Polo Blue Label Made in Italy (by Corneliani I think based on the tag) pants, wool/mohair blend, both about a 34/32, standard PRL forward pleats and cuffed, no lining, could be good dress pants for summer.

One is charcoal with a purple-ish windowpane, the other is a very textured royal/navy blue weave:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Also picked up a staple gray pair of (double-pleated) Zanella's in a rather large 44/32.

I'm not big on pleats, so everything is up for sale/trade.

13. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

This guy would make a good spokesperson for today's USPS...Wait, he was a lazy, know-it-all, drunkard.

14. Brianpore

This is a pure brag post [​IMG]...these are NOT available (not that they would fit any of you anyways). Saw these on ebay with a $20 opening bid, and got them for a c-note shipped before the bidding got started!
    My first pair of shell, and Allen Edmonds MacNeil Longwings at that!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. hmmurdock

hmmurdock Senior member

Enjoy strutting around in that horse's ass sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.