The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grendel

grendel Senior member

I dunno... I don't think there's any Isaia or Kiton here in Rochester... Maybe Henry Boogers has found some, but I've never seen any.

2. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

+1 Nat grabbing a Dual turntable brand new in a box would never be found in So Cal...Nataku's finds, clothing and otherwise, have me wanting to spend a week there just thrifting!

D.

3. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Now to respond to the shitstorm I started [​IMG]

4. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

jk. I don't know.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

5. mrdeep2001

mrdeep2001 Senior member

Haven't had much time to go thrifting, been dealing with car insurance bs. Multiple cars involved and everyone agrees I 'm not at fault, but one is claiming only 50% liability while the other is claiming none. Meanwhile, I'm out of a car. Just want to punch someone in the face. Think I am going to have to find a lawyer and have them help move things along...Anyway, end of rant, you came here to see some finds. Nothing too crazy, but:

First RG Shirt, I kinda like it, think may wear this one out....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kashgora jacket by Towncraft Plus Penney's (I think this is from JC Penney's?). Running my hand down the line of jackets the material felt real nice, so I picked it up. This jacket is made with Kashgora fiber, which I think is also known as Cashgora fiber, fiber from a cross-breed of a Cashmere Goat and Angora. My research leads me to believe it is below Cashmere in quality, but hell, I don't have anything cashmere so what do I know. Have you guys ever seen Kashgora/Cashgora?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. darkmatter7

Actually, my plan was to find some Brionis, and then go find some NWOT Barba and Sulka [​IMG]

But ok, more seriously: Do you guys remember when I joined this thread about 2 months ago? I was an "OMG Look at this Christian Dior!!!" poster. Since then I've obviously learned what not to buy, but I've also calculated when to hit where. I don't just go out for an hour and find all this stuff. It's spring break, so I've been able to go all over LA county for 4+ hours at a time.

I actually did think I was possibly hallucinating when I found the Bijan...

My area isn't too great. I've scoped out a lot of LA, and now I know when to travel where.

So, for my morning run, I actually did an experiment and went to a poor, middle of nowhere (for SoCal) area. The first two stores disgusted me: Ridiculously high prices for absolute sh*t. I thought... oh... well I guess I'm going to be sticking to the wealthy areas. Then I go to the last store and find everything in my first post. My point being, good stuff pops up everywhere. Yes, there is not as much high end stuff in poor areas, but there's also not as many people who know which brands to buy, so stuff sticks around.

Sorry [​IMG]

7. darkmatter7

8. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

These finds are IN-SANE [he says in his best Crazy Eddie voice]

Unfortunately, quarter end and work is equally IN-SANE. And luckily by the time I get back out, it'll be all spring/summer.

*Sigh.* Keep getting awesome stuff. I'll live vicariously through you. And maybe do some trades.

9. mistermidwester

mistermidwester Senior member

Nothing like the crazy finds of the past couple pages, but if anyone is 36x30, I found three pairs of Brooks Brothers Hudson fit trousers made out of cotton velveteen that I'm willing to part with for cheap. Staple colors of tan, navy, and black (tan below). I wish they fit me, as they have a super soft nap and seem like a nice, washable alternative to flannel.

[​IMG]

10. mat135ta

mat135ta Senior member

It is a Pal Zileri Sartoriale cashmere jacket that is too large for me. But I am determined to have it altered to fit myself. So[COLOR=FF00AA] NO PM [/COLOR]on this jacket please everybody!:nest:

11. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Only sometimes.

Oh, I know. :devil:

FTFY

13. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

The shirt, in my opinion, sucks, but I'm loving the kashgora. I'd pick that up in a half-heartbeat if it fit, but I wouldn't wager any coin on flipping it.

14. MattR

MattR Senior member

Different strokes for different folks, dude. And who couldn't be proud of getting hit with a leather riding crop they thrifted?

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Crazy random happenstance! I found a whole buncha Stefano Ricci big daddy big bawse ties! I believe I've already shown them...but not all of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.