1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Scored me some sweet size 38 Bill's Khakis, M1 model, flat front, fresh from the dry cleaners, bitches! I like these things, mostly because they look sleek and are so thick they can stand up on their own. :D

Due to recent breaking news that selling thrift finds = maturity, I am making these available to someone for a low, low price.
    Slayer guy: :slayer:

Also kopped one of those ab wheels to offset the recent Oatmeal Cream Pie hauls.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  2. grendel

grendel Senior member

How do those fit? True to size?

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

The ab wheel?

4. concealed

concealed Senior member

951 Socal is looking for measurements on this, he just made a wax cotton ab wheel bag out of an old Barbour

1 person likes this.
  5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

With a pocket on the side for a box of Oatmeal Cream Pies.

1 person likes this.
  6. GHo

GHo Senior member

shuddup and sell us some more cheap ties. :lol:

you're new/updated threads are falling behind a bit. :slapfight:

7. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

Grendel trying to satisfy the shoe addiction by buying what's a little tight for me, and a little loose for Eazye!

Enjoy Milwaukee!

8. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

Was getting tired of seeing finds and haven't been out in a while so I just hit a GW in the city by my new office. Was heartbroken for Brian or myself when I couldn't find the pants to a super recent Brooks suit (looked like the new label a step under golden fleece ) in 36/30, then found a pair of moth ridden Brioni pants and finally a stained Isaia Napoli shirt. Didnt have much time to look, but there were also some nice ties. Slightly more than LA prices but I've got a good feeling about being in NY this summer, a lot of the things I saw were a lot smaller or normal sized compared to LA. Anyone that's like a 16/34 there were like ten Charles t. Shirts there as well I could probably proxy after I get paid.

I'm gonna need to actually branch out into thrift stores while I'm here for a few months too. It's hard to do Alot at lunch and after work at times with firm events though. Anyone in NY though.... It's on. Hide ya Polos, hide ya brionis, cuz we taking errthang.

9. eazye

eazye Senior member

They are just a little too big, gon try putting an insert in the like Catside suggested. Also, I was born and raised on the EASTSIDE! of Milwaukee.

10. grendel

grendel Senior member

Let me know if that doesn't work out for you [​IMG]

11. GHo

GHo Senior member

NVMIND

12. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

I just moved out of Riverwest, which I still think is the coolest neighborhood in town :slayer:

Now I live in a pretty bland, post-war neighborhood (I'm trying to embrace mid century modern, but it is really just mid-century post war). Saves us almost 2 hours a day of kids commuting to school - we can actually hear their school bell from out yard now. Not as cool, but worth it. Besides, I can still go back to Riverwest and the East side to hang out.

13. eazye

eazye Senior member

Yea, I lived in Riverwest for about 12 years, I had my fair share of fun, also saw my fair share of murders, but that's city living at its rawest, that's for sure. :D

14. tonylamer

tonylamer Senior member

Did anyone get in on DM's T&A deal? I don't want to clutter up the thread, so PM me if you did. I tried to buy, but no dice. I'm just wondering what happened.

15. GHo

GHo Senior member

Nice work on the Marinella eazy. I've bought 5+ of these from Spoo and others and they are definitely my favorite tie!

16. concealed

concealed Senior member

I tried to get in on it too, but it didn't work out. He put a couple aside for me, but the colors and patterns just didn't work out. He ended up sending them off to consignors, so you should see them showing up soon on 2010 greek, mainy's, and hmurdock's ebay pages in the next few weeks...

17. eazye

eazye Senior member

I knew they were good stuff from this thread but I had never seen one before so I just quickly grabbed it. Got it home and really gave it a once over and it's niiiiice.

18. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Senior member

I always do, enjoy visiting greatly. Gonna be splitting my day between Riverwest and Bay View.

I'm from about an hour away originally.

19. Nell

Nell Senior member

Damn, impressive amount of quality goods coming. Mine are clearly outmatched, unless you have a thing for trad attire and mediocre ties...

Classic union made BB blazer, 40R. Three roll two, single vent and just about fit me...didn't realize the glaring moth hole in the shoulder (and another one on a sleeve) until I got it home :embar: Anyone know a decent reweaver in upstate NY?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another BB classic in 40R, but definitely a slimmer fit than today's 40R from them. Quarter lined brown tweed single vent. Love this lapel roll. Bit big, so available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

100% cashmere tie by Les Copains. Research says it looks to be manufactured by Zegna. It's just a knit, not a grenadine, right?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Authenticity on this Zegna?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

First sunny day in Boston in a week. I finally had the chance to photograph a couple of things that I'd sent to the cleaners / alterations tailor for some minor repairwork. Not Available.

[​IMG]

^^^ Vintage Brooks Brothers GOLDEN FLEECE solid navy blue 2 piece sack suit 40 R.

[​IMG]

^^^ Vintage 1950s / 1960s Brooks Brothers 346 solid navy blue two piece sack suit with subtle micro-herringbone pattern 42 L.

If Perry the mannequin gets bored standing next to my writing desk, he could probably get a new job in a bank writing mortgages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.