Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.B.Cooper

D.B.Cooper Senior member

Visited four stores today and struck out with the exception of a cotton Robert Talbott button-down sport shirt. Nothing bragworthy to be sure. I did find an amazing streetwear place in St. Paul called BlackBlue (http://www.blakblu.blogspot.com/). They've got Filson, Red Wing, APC New Standards, Levi's LVC, Barbour, and a bunch of other amazing stuff. Plus the guys that work there really know their stuff. One of them showed me his 1950s era Roebucks denim jacket. Very cool.

I couldn't resist and walked out with a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers. I'm taking them to NYC with me next week. That should get them broken in nicely.

[​IMG]

2. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

^^ BlackBlue is an amazing store. It's the only carrier of APC that I know of in the TC area. Great buy on the Red Wings! I've been jonsin for a pair for a long time but the budget still says no.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012

3. AHS

AHS Senior member

A good day today: a Brooks tuxedo and Golden Fleece gray pinstripe suit. Both 46L for $30 each.

And this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/URL[​IMG]

Kiton 100% cashmere dark navy blue jacket.

Judging from the tag, looks like it must have been a suit? But this has metal buttons.... My crappy iphone camera is doing this garment a disservice. Incredible hand, 3/2 roll, working cuffs, great lining, etc... It also needs to be pressed or cleaned.

I sell a little bit on ebay -- but I feel like I need to consign this to someone who knows what they are doing. I paid $100 for it, and need to figure out how to sell it and for how much.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks, AHS

4. vexco

vexco Senior member

That Kiton is awesome, AHS...good shit.

5. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

You've really been thrifting some nice stuff! Congrats, just can you use the shrink gun on that thing. ALSO, you might just get lucky avoid ebay and trade with someone here for few things they have, everyone wins and you avoid ebay crap and fees, etc etc etc.

6. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Metal buttons... that's a blazer. Kiton staple navy blazer? Yeah, that needs a nice listing with lots of pics. I have a feeling you're already inundated with PM's from a few folks, both to buy and to consign. :lol:

Went back to that store today and picked up the Pal Zileri jacket I left behind. Unfortunately it turned out to be a bit too small for me. :fu: Both are available subject to dibs from a friend. :)

Zegna suit: super 100's, 2 button unvented, pleated. Tagged size 54 R (length wasn't cut off the tag after all) 23 pit to pit, 34-34.5 waist pants.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pal Zileri tweed: woven by Alexander's of Scotland, 2 button unvented. Interesting smooth leather or wooden veneerbuttons, haven't looked close enough to see which. Tagged size 56 R, measures 24 pit to pit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a brown herringbone from afar, but up close... hehe, I like it!
    [​IMG]

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Like French Laundry, we are fully booked for the next 8 years.

:)

Well, um....

8. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

[​IMG]

Well, um....

I think someone needs a new DSLR and mannequin [​IMG]
    I kid though, if I ever need to consign something it's going to Spoo (if he wants it).
    [​IMG]

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Touche - but that pic was like #700 of the day and I was blind looking through the finder.

*and its still a damn good price so nanny nanny poo poo mufuhhh* :lol:

10. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

I was checking my Tumblr dashboard and scrolled past this update from Put This On, for you on the east coast: Daffy's has Incotex pants going for $20 - $35, in Philadelphia at least.

11. vexco

vexco Senior member

Damn, I wish I knew someone in Philly. >_<

12. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Any color other than blue, I would leap on this like a horny nudist playing leapfrog with his favorite ladies.

13. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Aran Crafts are machine knitted, and are the lowest end of irish made aran sweaters. Standard retail is 40 Euros.

14. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

15. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

oh yeah... forgot probably my luckiest find of the day:

a Hilditch & Key shirt made for Crossword, an interestingly-named store in Brussels. My size. :D

[​IMG]

Fits me like a freaking GLOVE. :slayer: I like this as much as, if not better than, the couple of T&A's I have,

Also featured: the Oxxford for NM garment bag courtesy of guitar preacher - I have NO idea what I'm going to do with this, but it's awesome. :lol: I wonder if there's random Oxxford notepads, coffee mugs, and other tchotchkes out there... in related news, I may have a problem :embar:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.