• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_allen_p

Reaction score

sorry, had to do this:
VgaGy.jpg

I take what I can get. my girlfriend thinks they look like guys pants despite closing the opposite direction. It gives me hope that no one will notice. And if they do, I'll just have to start a band.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last week I found a brand new pair of Allen Edmonds burgundy oxfords. Only bad part about them is they were rubber soled, but for $5 I can't complain. They're in my size, too!. :slayer:

D.B.Cooper

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Spoo gives closet tours? That would make a worthwhile stop on my vacation next week.

highlifeman

Reaction score
Been sick almost all week, so haven't done as much thrifting as I normally do. I hit one place Monday, then didn't get out again until today when I hit one more. Man, didn't realize how addicted I was getting to thrifting until I skipped 4 days! Been enjoying all the great posts this week.

Had a few decent finds :

From Monday-

3x Canali shirts, 16.5 - not sure if they are going to work for me, neck size is right but sleeves a little long and shoulders a little big

AE black wingtips (not sure of model but from orthotic line-I think a discontinued model), vibram sole, my size (9), probably become my rainy day shoes...

Look really "clunky in the pic, they are somewhat but not quite as bad as the pic lol...

AE Strands in burgundy, 10D (half soles and heel have been replaced-looks like a good job , uppers in very good condition)

From today's trip:

Polo Blue Label (made in USA) Navy Blazer, tag size 41- From the same store I scored the polo suit and tweed SC last weekend, I think this was from same donor and got put out later..probably keep this one, fits really well...I'll need to find a home for the Samuelsohn navy blazer I found a week or so ago if I do...

Nordstrom Loro Piana 100% worsted camel hair sport coat, tag size 40

Hopefully I'll get out more some this weekend...was going stir crazy sitting at home the 2nd half of the week.........usually try to hit at least one store a day at lunch or after work.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know if Spoo gives closet tours? That would make a worthwhile stop on my vacation next week.

If he does, I'm party crashing, because that's my neck of the woods and I need to :worship:

BTW, +1 on Century 21.

Last edited:

Kitontini

Reaction score

Yes but not to sound picky, I prefer 100% cotton with a split yoke. Semi spread or button collar points. MUST have a pocket. I need a place to stash the reading glasses.
Saw this on "Shark Tank" and thought "hey Dig could use these instead of using his pockets!" :laugh:

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some finds from the past couple days.

Ties from GW. I grabbed a half-dozen or so, as if I need more ties, all BB or better. These are some highlights:

Not really interested in keeping any of these, but would like to hear assessments, particularly on the LV--never seen one of those before.

This fits perfectly:

This also fits, and I've always had a weak spot for this kind of stuff. Anyone heard of the brand?

This one doesn't fit, and while I see a fair number of these, I really liked the color and condition, so I picked it up:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aran Crafts makes very solid sweaters man. If that fits, it's a great pickup (though from what I've seen, they don't resell well if that's your goal.) I've only handled one, but the quality was definitely there.

Quote:
This one doesn't fit, and while I see a fair number of these, I really liked the color and condition, so I picked it up:

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aran Crafts makes very solid sweaters man. If that fits, it's a great pickup (though from what I've seen, they don't resell well if that's your goal.) I've only handled one, but the quality was definitely there.

They resell okay... $25 range

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Picked up a few things today. My favorite find is these Peal & Co. Opera Pumps in incredible condition--they even still smell new. Can someone tell me who made this particular pair? The quality really is superb so I'm guessing C&J, but there is no nail pattern on the heel to help me discern.

IMG_7595.jpg

IMG_7596.jpg

IMG_7597.jpg

Now to reply to all those PMs...

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aran Crafts makes very solid sweaters man.  If that fits, it's a great pickup (though from what I've seen, they don't resell well if that's your goal.)  I've only handled one, but the quality was definitely there.  

It'll flip--"Aran" on the tag helps a lot. But you're right: They don't get the respect they deserve, considering they'll last a lifetime.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, $25 is about right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads