The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadesofbeige

shadesofbeige Senior member

Just about had a heart attack with this guy. Ralph Lauren Purple Label French cuff in a 16.5. No retailers within a couple hundred miles of me stock RLPL, I hadn't been holding out much hope of finding them. This shirt is completely pristine, absolutely no signs of wear, I wish so badly that it would fit.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also picked up my first Etro, wacky as hell but kind of cool. Size 42

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Passed up a Corneliani shirt - very recent, had those wrinkles from bad starching/ironing. Do those come out? Also left a white Pal Zileri shirt and a cool BD Baggies oxford that were the victims of neck sweat stains.

I may have wasted money on this one. I thought I'd read somewhere about the (Polo - not Polo Jeans) flag sweaters being rather valuable. Good call?

[​IMG]

2. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

WTF, you just blew up one of the best unknown thrifting spots around. Now hmmurdock's basement is just going to be flipper central. THANKS, ASS.

3. hmmurdock

hmmurdock Senior member

Not obsessive...but clearly not a guy with a two year old running around his house.

No chance...I've got that place on lockdown. Literally. :hide:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

4. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Nice RLPL.

Ebay Completed Auctions is your friend [​IMG] http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?LH_I...r&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_dcat=11484&Color=Blues

5. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

I had the good fortune of being given a Boxster to drive for a couple of months last fall. The first day back in the Buick, I was heckled by the recovering drunks hanging out in the parking lot, smoking cigarettes (the rehab center is also on the premises): "Where's the Porsche?" they shouted, among other things. I think I was wearing an Oxxford suit that day, which didn't help matters. Sally drunks knowing what car you drive--maybe that's God's way of telling me I go to thrift stores too much.

6. Kitontini

Kitontini Senior member

:inlove: :inlove: Wow, would LOVE to see a Saleen S7 in person! I've only ever seen Ferrari's, Aston Martin's, Bentleys...etc. But never a Saleen! Saw a Veyron 1 time... at the Denver Auto Show... behind a velvet rope.... Curses!!! :laugh:

7. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Score! I think it was you that sold me that very recent (dated 2008) Oxxford that originated from that same shop in Pittsburgh.

Speaking of the Scirocco, she may come out of hibernation next week. Forecast is saying upper 60's to 70's for late next week. Got tabs today. :D

8. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Anyone ever see that SNL episode where Jay Mohr imitates Christopher Walken and asks why people aren't calling into the show?

[In his best Chris Walken:] ocooney: Why aren't you PMing? I saw your post about the trousers. They were really nice. I'd love to trade. I PMed you. But you're not PMing. Why aren't you PMing?

(Maybe it's not as funny to other people, but I was laughing my ass off thinking about it.)

9. grendel

grendel Senior member

Wow... That jacket is AWESOME. [​IMG]

Nice find! If y'all see anything in a 40-42, especially lighter spring / summer blazers I'd love to see them. I was about to buy a nice Lubiam white w/ blue check cotton blazer off B&S but the sleeves were just too short and not enough material to extend. I've been trying Yoox but I find it very hard to use.

WOW. [​IMG]

10. catside

catside Senior member

Too many PMs, too little time perhaps. I wish those pants were a size larger. But of course I do not need them.

11. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

Beamer is a motorcycle, Bimmer is a car.

:hide:

12. catside

catside Senior member

^Correct.

13. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

so I don't read the thread last night and this is what happens :X just so happens im a 36x32. YES PLEASE ......reading past few pages to see if they are still avail...

14. goneAWOL

goneAWOL Senior member

This makes me want to get more into the trading scene. Those suits look awesome.

As for my recent activity, I will have to post my suit find of a lifetime. I never in a million years expected to come across a $2,000+ suit that is actually recent... and in MY SIZE!! I'm super pumped about it, and will post pictures at some point because I really want to figure out exactly how recent it is.

15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Lol, This happens to me quite often, but I compare it to finding a $20 bill in a pair of pants I haven't worn for a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.