The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Did you guys do the happy happy joy joy dance in the parking lot?

2. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

[​IMG]

I think you need a line break in there somewhere...what a paragraph... that being said..(like a 37 in the shoulders and a 30 in the waist)...do you mean the chest is 37 (hence 18.5" pit to pit?)

3. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

:laugh:

Pretty close. I was actually in shock for about 10 minutes before I finally headed into a corner and looked over each piece. It was like Christmas morning when you've peaked at an item and think you know what it is. Then you open it and see that it really is what you expected. Love it!

4. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

Lol didn't realize I had written a wall of text, IOS device. Yes, it's exactly our size / smaller, I initially picked it, all the pants and sports coats up for just you, but I walked in telling myself I wasn't gonna spend extra money in case you didn't want it and I couldn't move them before I left to London for Thursday. So instead, I just grabbed the suit because I figured if you didn't want it, I would take that as a sign from the gods to take my second D&G suit and dance for joy, but I know I need to be "fiscally responsible" to myself.

Unfortunately I looked back and realized you probably would've wanted them even to flip since you can move Gucci / D& G stuff and I could've proxied, but like I said I'm pretty sure that guy behind me decimated that rack after I left, and he had asked me about the suit multiple times before I decided on it.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I LOVE that feeling.

6. vexco

vexco Senior member

You, sir...have just won the internets.

7. mainy

mainy Senior member

Sooooo sick nataku. Getting closer and closer to coming up there to thrift for a weekend :D Only thing that would make it better is if everything was really cheap as well. Awesome.

8. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

what. the. fuck.

9. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

I'm pretty glad none of that insane haul fits me...THAT RLPL FLORAL SILK SHIRT! FU ALL SUMMER.

10. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

I will quote this again to inspire SF newbs to stop posting smalltimer stuff. This is how it's done. Quality, not quantity.

11. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

It was. :nodding: :slayer:

12. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

^^^ Now those are great hauls. We could all do well to take notes.

13. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Dolce and Gabanna is real. Nice find. Suit is from an early - mid 00's collection - good find, should pick you up some coin if you dont keep it. Dolce never did bespoke as far as I know, lack of size tags could be that they were cut off. Highly unlikely that was knocked out for a movie / sports star..

Wow, what a score! My sizes are present there.

Please indicate that dibs have gone else where on that RLPL puffer jacket, I dont think my resistance can hold out on that one, if someone wants it, jump in ahead of me immediately. T-minus 5, 4. 3. ... hurry up guys ....

14. mat135ta

mat135ta Senior member

I got my second Kiton tie today.

I passed a dark grey pure cashmere Incotex in EU54. If anyone want me to proxy, or trade, let me know. I may hit the same store again on Thursday and most likely it is going to be there.

I also passed a NOS Tumi Schlesinger briefcase, 'cos I didn't know the brand, and I still cannot find much info now after searching the forum and google. Is Tumi Schlesinger somehow related to Tumi?

15. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Nataku: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Just reading about those finds was invigorating. Can't imagine how it would feel to score a haul like that! Awesome that some of it is in your size too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.