The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonylamer

tonylamer Senior member

HSM makes a nice $1,000-ish suit, but I haven't seen a wearable (recent) $3K suit on this thread in months. You can thrift a $1,000 suit for $10, but a $3K suit is going to run you $500-$1,000. (Thirty-year-old Oxxford stuff with 4" lapels excepted.) And you're going to have to hit the consignment store the day after the opiate-addicted son of the local Italian senator drops off his dad's stuff.

2. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

3. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Killer overcoat. I wouldn't worry about the low button point. The gorge looks fine, the lapel notches nearly bisect your tie. I'd rock the Hermes as well but yellow ties don't go down well on sf. Hope to see it on WAYARN.

4. vexco

vexco Senior member

i recently found about a 10 year old oxxford suit...that stuff's out there.

5. ocooney

ocooney Senior member

Saw this on a woman's blazer today. Nice piece, made in US with ticket pocket. Size 6. Happy to pick up if it will work for anyone's significant other. I especially like the heart cut out of the label.

Did RL make a Purple Label for women? Or is this just an early version of the label?

[​IMG]

O

6. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

I found seven 15-16 year old Oxxford DB suits that were all in excellent shape, and I know others have found more recent Oxxford. Hell, I bought a silk/cashmere Oxxford SC from another poster on this thread that couldn't be much more than 7-10 years old.

Thanks man! Yeah, I've rocked a different yellow that didn't get much love, but it's ok since I like them [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

7. mexicutioner

FYI that's not purple label, that's just regular RL Polo (aka blue label) but the label happens to have a purplish tinge to it. if it were purple label, it would just say "Ralph Lauren" in cursive, with no mention of "Polo" or pictures of dude on horse. that being said, my wife is a 6-8, check your PM!

8. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

9. grendel

grendel Senior member

Uhhhh... What? I see them on this thread every couple days, and I got a recent Oxxford navy pinstripe with side vents from TheWGP a couple months ago.

The nicer HF suits a lot of us pick up are $2K suits, and I'm still paying $10-20 for those.

10. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I actually went to a thrift store today!
    I recall someone liking Countess Mara a while back. This SC was in very nice shape but it felt fused. There was no size tag that I could find but I'm a 38R/40S in most stuff. This felt like a 46 or 48L. I din't have a tape measure. I might be back in that area tomorrow if anybody has an interest. Cost ($10 or $15) plus shipping. I didn't bring the digital camera into the store so deal with the phone pix.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loosening thread in the armpit.
    [​IMG]

At least I hope it's Black Label.

[​IMG]

34 waist and 31.5 inseam with a full inch hemmed under. Lemme know if there's interest. I'd like to get a bit more than cost on these but I'm not looking to retire on them. Excuse the nails, I was working on the car, earlier.

[​IMG]
    They look a lot like these.
    Ebay Zegna S Sport Taupe Cotton yada yada..

11. mexicutioner

:fonz:

12. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Totally off subject (but this is the only thread I live in hahah) so can anyone lend a hand? Account question/math...

Trying to figure out a table for this problem (not the exact numbers but just need to know how to do it. Initial loan of $10,000. Interest rate of 7%. Loan term is 6 months. Payment made every month is $200.

Any help with setting up a chart/ table in excel that will shoe the amount of interest paid each month, amount paid towards the principal balance and the balance left each month?
    Cant figure this out for the life of me and everything I look for online just shoes how much you have to pay to get to a $0 balance which is not what I am trying to get. I want to know how much the balance is at the end of each month and how much of the $200 went to the interest and how much to the principal.

Thanks!!!

13. mrdeep2001

mrdeep2001 Senior member

Are you looking for something like this? http://unbury.me/

Edit: Whoops, missed the monthly part. So after you fill in the info, under the chart there are two rows. In the bottom row, click on "click for details". Is that what you wanted?

14. grendel

grendel Senior member

Well, you're not paying off $10K in 6 months at $200 / month... But what you want is to google "amortization schedule calculator" and try some out

15. MattR

MattR Senior member

Unless there's a balloon at the end for the balance. In any case, try googling the amortization schedule search. Without more, that's probably your best bet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.