The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

:facepalm:

at the risk of being that guy, i'm gonna come right out and say what others are probably thinking: you really really REALLY should have made an effort to hook other people up, ESPECIALLY since the only reason you knew about those jackets was because someone ELSE was nice enough to share that info.

PSA to everyone: be selective (think "PM") when sharing location-specific info or when offering to hook people up on a large scale. the recipients of your publicly-broadcasted info might not "pay it forward" or even contribute to this thread. (i had to learn this the hard way).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  2. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

I bet it's a Brioni tuxedo. I saw a few of them at a Marshalls near me from WB at about that same price point. They were marked down to between $500 - $700.

3. amadar

amadar Senior member

Another recent find and in my size! AE Strawfuts.....barely worn. I never find shoes in my size, so this was sweet.

[​IMG]

4. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

This. :butbut:

5. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

Quote:
    I was in their Cambridge store last year to buy a tie. They've been having some of their stuff made in China. They hide the "made in China" tags deep inside the folds of their ties and in or behind the pockets of some of their other stuff. It was weird how they were "hiding" them, lol.

6. tben

tben Senior member

Quote:
    I am picturing myself in that C&C right now, laughing, a night on the town with some friends, cocktails at the local bar, wake up from my day dream to no jacket wearing a sweatsuit, shakes fist.

7. mat135ta

mat135ta Senior member

I didn't pick up those BB jackets, since I have too many Brioni jackets in almost all sizes that I have yet find time to post here. I am constantly trading with quite a few members here but I don't post a lot in this thread.

I plan to post some photos of the Brioni, Chester Barrie, Oxxford items that I got before soon and hopefully can find them good homes from members here.

8. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Gorgeous shoes....

:drool:

Not as bad as the Yoox fire-ssale PSA snipers. I remember when they had $89 RLPL C&J shoes, $90 Isaia sportcoats and $150 Cucinelli jackets. I also recall seeing the said pieces disappear from my cart at rapid paces and find them for sale here with a 150% mark-up a week and a half later in a large variety of sizes.

9. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

"Big"? I've always wondered how them make some pricing decisions

+1

These didn't come out this long ago, how do you donate it to the thrift that fast? I know, I know, people die every day. How do their families get stuff to the thrift that fast?
    I initially thought these were going to be vintage strawfut's, the one's the recent model is based on, but these look like the new model. I've seen the vintage, but not the new one's yet (and I live right down the road from the factory!).

10. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Pressidential is fused? Wow. That's amazing. I would rate Press--at least, the stuff I have, virtually all of it secondhand--as higher quality than BB. They have a sale on as we speak, with iconic Shaggy Dog sheltand sweaters at 40 percent off (but still pricey at $108) and brownwatch sportcoats at half off. I've wanted one of the latter for forever and have fingers crossed that I got my order in before my size sold out. Press is invariably an easy flip.

11. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Yup. Puffy eyelets say so.

12. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

Wow, honestly, I've never been this blunt in this thread, but thanks a fucking lot. I might as well stop hitting that spot for a while. My mind is blown right now. At least you saved me a trip tomorrow morning.

Sorry gmmcl, could've hooked it for those BB shoes especially since they weren't my size but we see how that ended.

Seriously can't believe one of my favorite spots just got publicly molested.

Edit:
    AND WHY WOULD YOU GATHER THEM ALL IN ONE SPOT!? I know I'm overreacting right now but seriously man what the fuck!?

13. catside

catside Senior member

I think Pressidential is the only line not fused. Some Presstige I handled definitely are.

14. catside

catside Senior member

Chill dude.

15. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Must have mis-read earlier--thought you'd said that Pressidential is fused. Sadly, the closest Press to me is 1,000 miles away, so I don't get to see/sample much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.