1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Does this on the very off chance happen to be the "good" Dolce & Gabbana and not the crap licensed stuff?

[​IMG]

2. eazye

eazye Senior member

Hahaha, sweet, glad they worked out for ya! Now we just need a thrift fit pic: wedding edition. :D

3. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

100% positive! madness.

they also have BB shirts for 29.99.. LOL. Cole Haan Shoes for 34.99. It's a trend of late. So who knows how long this pricing strategy will stick around.

4. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Did you stumble into a department store by mistake?

5. mjt73106

mjt73106 Senior member

[​IMG]

6. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

Noobizor you better not start taking a know.what im sayin census up in this mafk!

7. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

It's been a while since I posted. Hope everyone is well. Had a good trip in London and The Netherlands. Also thanks to simonc for giving me some tips on thrifting in London. The last morning i was there I snuck out of the hostel to do some thrifting, but somehow ended up at the Oxfam that only sells books. No worries though becaus somehow I got lost leaving Borough High Street to Somewhere in west kensington, and then literally toured London for miles on foot walking past imperial college, up to Kensington, past Hyde park, and ending up near those Greco-Roman Apollo gates that are at the end of the queens park I think. Well worth getting lost for.

In any case, I've graduated and start work at a pretty large law firm this summer (V20). Since I'll also be headed off to LS in the fall (Michigan, any Wolverines lurking on SF? :slayer:), I'd like another staple suit before I treat myself to my first "real" suit towards the end of the summer or possibly at the beginning of 2L OCI. Thankfully my firm is mostly business casual, but as im still unsure of whether i want litigation or transactional I'd like to be prepared for court appearances, client meetings, etc. I know we've got a few lawyers, associates and partners and from what I understand I can't really wear half of my suits, either because they aren't conservative at all,or the color isn't traditionally conservative (charcoal greyish brown D&G, charcoal grey Southwick with subtle pin stripes), so I'm hoping someone happens to have a 36/38R suit in charcoal gray or navy blue. Normally my waist is a 29-30, but some 36 jackets fit small (I'd like to think lifting my Wheaties have paid off), so I may just have to get a 38s pants tailored down. Thankfully I'm pretty sure at least one of my suits will be fine for events and formal outings, but I'd like to have another one by the time I start next week or maybe slightly after.

So,can anyone hook a brother up? I'd appreciate a proxy or a sale that won't decimate my wallet before starting work as I won't get paid for a couple of weeks, and also could really use all the damn money I can for 1L year lol. I've also got one jacket I've been debating allowing myself to trade as I got it from Beck a while back and really love it, but haven't had a chance to get it tailored yet and really am struggling justifying keeping a Purple Label SC when I need a basic suit. Pics below, but I'd definitely prefer to buy or proxy. Ive got some other things but I've sold or given away most items I think you guys would be interested in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My god this jacket is sweet. Maybe I can just convince them that suits are outdated and it's all about the ticker ticket SCs this summer. Gents...there's a revolution to NY coming.

But to be safe I'll grab that staple if anyone's got it:D

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  8. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Bet you can get a 346 suit this w/e at the outlets new for not much more than that. Must be some good stuff whoever priced that stuff was on because they are high in more ways than one.

9. amadar

amadar Senior member

Thats the good one :thumbs-up:

10. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

It's been a while since I posted. Hope everyone is well. Had a good trip in London and The Netherlands. Also thanks to simonc for giving me some tips on thrifting in London. The last morning i was there I snuck out of the hostel to do some thrifting, but somehow ended up at the Oxfam that only sells books. No worries though becaus somehow I got lost leaving Borough High Street to Somewhere in west kensington, and then literally toured London for miles on foot walking past imperial college, up to Kensington, past Hyde park, and ending up near those Greco-Roman Apollo gates that are at the end of the queens park I think. Well worth getting lost for.
    In any case, I've graduated and start work at a pretty large law firm this summer (V20). Since I'll also be headed off to LS in the fall (Michigan, any Wolverines lurking on SF? :slayer:), I'd like another staple suit before I treat myself to my first "real" suit towards the end of the summer or possibly at the beginning of 2L OCI. Thankfully my firm is mostly business casual, but as im still unsure of whether i want litigation or transactional I'd like to be prepared for court appearances, client meetings, etc. I know we've got a few lawyers, associates and partners and from what I understand I can't really wear half of my suits, either because they aren't conservative at all,or the color isn't traditionally conservative (charcoal greyish brown D&G, charcoal grey Southwick with subtle pin stripes), so I'm hoping someone happens to have a 36/38R suit in charcoal gray or navy blue. Normally my waist is a 29-30, but some 36 jackets fit small (I'd like to think lifting my Wheaties have paid off), so I may just have to get a 38s pants tailored down. Thankfully I'm pretty sure at least one of my suits will be fine for events and formal outings, but I'd like to have another one by the time I start next week or maybe slightly after.
    So,can anyone hook a brother up? I'd appreciate a proxy or a sale that won't decimate my wallnet before starting work as I won't get paid for a couple of weeks, and also could really use all the damn money I can for 1L year lol. I've also got one jacket I've been debating allowing myself to trade as I got it from Beck a while back and real"
    Yes of course there are wolverines lurking. UGrad class of 2010 right here, and proud of it. I am also starting as a 1l in the fall, but not at u m. I returned home because I should be able to have the best job prospects of anyone in he state or Arkansas when I grad, plus its free ;).

11. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Senior member

I recently wandered into a place that had crazy prices like this and sort of involuntary let out an audible 'geeeez!' right next to the Manager. He walked a few steps towards me and asked "nice suits, aren't they?" to which I responded "Yes, have you sold one yet?" He didn't appreciate that....

12. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

BB Outlets (at least the one near me) is 40% off everything this weekend. I'm going to stop by it and the PRL one and see if I can find something good.

13. 46n2

46n2 Senior member

Glad you likey ! Enjoy

14. GHo

GHo Senior member

found my first Christian Dior Monsiour Navy DB Sportcoat. Someone must've had a desktop made of cheese-grading material, as the cuffs were worn to shizz. :crazy:

15. eazye

eazye Senior member

Today.....so far....
    [​IMG]
    PRL OCBD for the wife
    [​IMG]
    T.M Lewin classic fit plaid, size M, available.
    [​IMG]
    T.M Lewin tailored fit striped. Size M, may be available.
    [​IMG]
    TWINS!!!! BBGF 17 x 34, may be available
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cool, "polo" repp tie by Brittany, not available.
    [​IMG]
    Varvatos peak lapel blazer. Going to the bay unless someone wants it. Size 42 R
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Xenos

Xenos Senior member

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángele
    New & Lingwood loafers, size 8.5UK, 9.5US

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

Did Dolce ever even make crap licensed stuff?

18. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

Could someone give a summary of the last few days? I haven't been keeping up.

19. grendel

grendel Senior member

I think I scored my first shell today... "Made Exclusively for Brooks Brothers" wingtips, but doesn't say in the US, so I'm not sure if it's Alden or someone in England (C&J?)

They're gonna need some restoration. The leather looks to be in good shape with maybe some welting, but it'll be a good test for Reno'Mat to clean them up. The heels are worn some, but the double soles are in good shape. What's the consensus on taking them to a cobbler before flipping?

Also a Valentino DB navy blazer with Valentino logo branded brass buttons and a Bullock & Jones tie.

Pics tonight

20. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

If you get a pic up of the shoes someone can easily ID them.

Every Bullock & Jones tie i've seen has been great. Seriously underrated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.