• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are on my "hit with a PM soon" list. I have got a bit of a stockpile at home, I will look at our last PM, go through your sizes listed and play a mix and match game with my stuff, whatever missing, trade plus bonus $$$. Whetever works ;)
Heartbreak - why such short sleeves!? That is just mean of Borrelli and Cucinelli to do that :(

Surely a measurement error. Happens when you measure from the shoulder seam like a jacket. Or tailored.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Oh, dude...I dunno, you've got to be careful how you list things. I received a couple of NWOT! items this year; one had a dry cleaning tag, the other had been hemmed.
facepalm.gif

+1 How do you know those weren't dry cleaned twice... ebay buyers will bite you in the butt for a comment like that. I use NWOT less then 1% as most of the stuff even if it looks perfect is not NWOT or "dry cleaned only once".

On another note here are the Made in England Cole Haan's from my Cali trip. Marked 7D but fit closer to 8D as they are too big for my tiny feet. Thanks to the Heel Nail pattern thread, these are Cheaney's.

bytor13

Reaction score
Hit 6 GW's this weekend, with little luck.

FYI - If you're in the market for Target's Mossimo & Merona cast-offs, they're there as far as the eye can see.

I did kop some sweaters/pull-overs (BBGF, Saks, Pendleton (US Made)), shirts (Robert Talbott Bespoke x 2, Saks linen, Pendleton (US made), and wool ties x 8 (all no-name, some knit, but in interesting colors).

Also, I got a Pendleton (US made) charcoal blazer with silver buttons that I'm going to need to replace because of the color and the fact that they're plastic-y fake metal.
ffffuuuu.gif

The last store I hit also had 15 pairs of Zanellas, most with few pleats (
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
), but they were apparently Jackson Pollock originals because they were all splattered with paint!
baldy[1].gif

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some standard grey PRL, 2 pleated trousers that I picked up from Klobber at shipping cost (thanks again Klobbs) that are too big for me, so I'll pass them along for the same actual shipping cost (so probably ~$7 or so total) . They measure 20.5" waist (41"), 32" inseam. My preference is for a regular poster in this thread. PM me if you want them.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I have some standard grey PRL, 2 pleated trousers that I picked up from Klobber at shipping cost (thanks again Klobbs) that are too big for me, so I'll pass them along for the same actual shipping cost (so probably ~$7 or so total) . They measure 20.5" waist (41"), 32" inseam. My preference is for a regular poster in this thread. PM me if you want them.

I think these will fit my uncle's brother's son...just dont look for them on ebay in two days.
rimshot.gif

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A bunch of shirts lying round doing nothing... all in great shape, not all thrift finds but accepting thrift price offers. All available. PM me for interest.

Edit: All measurements uploaded (I forgot the Brioni!!)​

Measurements:
Shoulder: 16.25
Pit 2 pit: 20.5
Length: 32
Arms (from shoulder): 25.5

Measurements:
Shoulder: 17
Pit 2 pit: 23
Length: 31
Arms (from shoulder): 24.5

Measurements:
Shoulder: 18
Pit 2 pit: 23.5
Length: 33.5
Arms (from shoulder): 27 (French Cuff)

Measurements:
Shoulder: 17
Pit 2 pit: 23
Length: 31
Arms (from shoulder): 24.5

Last edited:

MattR

Reaction score
This post might be a little bit longer than normal, so I appreciate you indulging me the bandwith.

First, today's finds. This weekend was my first finds in over a month. Like I said, bone dry lately.

In any case, two pretty recent BB sport coats. Beautiful heavy-ish brown wool in check patterns. Not my size, but any 48Rs out there can holler my way if they are interested. I haven't measured them yet, but there were about 7 total BB's donated. These were the only two with any flip value, but the others were just as nice, just older. All clearly donated by the same guy. To wit:

Note: These are both a bit darker IRL

Dark brown w/ tan and maroon windowpane:

Lighter brown POW check:

Then, a glass tea cup, although it's been immediately repurposed for coffee. Nothing special at all, but I've been lusting after the nicer ones on Amazon, but I can wait for a holiday sale. Until then...

Just to maintain my thrifty credentials, the couch in the background was from my grandmother before she passed away a few years ago. I used to fall asleep on that thing every Thanksgiving. Best couch on the planet Earth. The coffee table was free from my old gym teacher (long story short: Mom is a teacher at the elementary school I went to, albeit not at the same time).

Second, and altogether different, last night was my law school's "law prom", better known to insiders as Barrister's Ball. I ended up leaving early out of boredom, and really it's not my scene. But it was fun to get dressed up and hang out with friends I don't see often enough anymore.

In any case, the suit is a recently thrifted BB pinstripe, and the shirt is the US BB from the recent Nordstrom Rack sale. Unseen is the pocket square, which was also thrifted, a chinon/silk combo, and my black AE Hales, also from NR. I realize this is waaaaay out of my trad-leanings, but Barrister's is usually an excuse (or a chance, take your pick) to do it up FU style.

The other thing around my arm is just eye candy :smarmy:

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last year I was thrifting
and I found a cashmere Brioni Sport Coat
looking closer
it was brand new and
unfinished with
all the buttons and thread
and in my size

Then I looked at the price tag
which read
$4.99

and then I was happy

-my haiku
(based on an actual event)

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Last year I was thrifting
and I found a cashmere Brioni Sport Coat
looking closer
it was brand new and
unfinished with
all the buttons and thread
and in my size
Then I looked at the price tag
which read
$4.99
and then I was happy
-my hiku
(based on an actual event)

Its "haiku"... and on SF, its "T4Phage". :)

rayxlui

Reaction score
Anyone interested in NWT Corneliani made Polo suits for $300? Saw them at Marshall's today. There's a solid navy three piece and a tan plaid two piece.

Oh yeah, they were size 40R and 40L WUDUP.

Edit: Sorry the navy is actually $350, the tan is $300

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads