The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Senior member

[​IMG]

Better picture to redeem itself.

2. Larson McCord

Larson McCord Senior member

Found a pair of shell cordovan Alden for Brooks Brothers tassel loafers in burgundy/brown, nice shape. Oxxford silk plaid gray sport coat 42L, Brooks Brothers tan sued Keds style shoes no laces brand spanking new, and a big man's 48L BB tan herringbone sport coat in like new condition. PIcs later

3. MattR

MattR Senior member

Welcome aboard! That's better than a "decent" weekend, haha. Wish one could be so lucky. And, as everyone else has said, that T&A is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing more!

This sounds interesting. Looking forward to those pics...

4. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Picked up a pair of old Zanella's. I was kinda hurrying out and noticed when I got home that the lining is pretty shredded and the fancy Z waistband is separating from the outer cloth. Anyway, I'm thinking of chunking these. However, do you ever salvage parts of high end stuff? I was thinking of taking off the buttons, which are nice and thick. Zipper? TIA

5. GHo

GHo Senior member

welcome. Looks like you hit a HR considering all that stuff fits. congrats! :nodding: Love that T&A coat!

6. GHo

GHo Senior member

:fonz:

7. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Great heaps of.... nada.. this week ;/ Not even anything to pay for gas. Ah, well, that happens sometimes.

Did want to see if any of you gents wanted this before I put it on B&S or just returned it - this was not a thrift purchase, but an in real life purchase that turned out to be un-needed:

24 pack of Honey Can Do hangers. Brand new, never used, box only opened to take a hanger out for the photo. These are for shirts or pants, ignore the box saying "suit" - no idea why it says that.

These are wooden, with a cherry varnish to prevent splintering. I've used identical hangers for my shirts and some of my pants for awhile now and can testify that they do well.
    Grooved trouser bar, which does work to keep pants on there so long as you've ballpark balanced the pants on the bar.

These measure approximately 17.5 inches wide at the widest part.

Interested? PM me. Would love to trade these for hangers from Kiton, Brioni or Oxxford... and I'll pay the outrageous shipping cost. :brick:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

Definitely get the buttons, Zanella's shed buttons like nothing else, so either you'll need them or you can help out a thrifting brother some time.

Rifle through the pockets for 20s.

I've never seen this on Zanella's but I would remove the side tabs from pants in order to have the hardware and a pattern in case I ever had the opportunity to add them to another pair.

9. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

I thought the same, thankfully mikeH came through with the suggestion of a possible HSM made, which makes sense. I'm also thinking possibly Sanyo by Cynthia Cohen. Just wanted to update everyone in case they ever come across something like this.

And welcome highlife, great haul. Wishing you the best in getting you wardrobe game up these next few weeks / years :D And if you see any sick driver hats out there remember Hyakku :slayer:

Edit: And damn I know we say this all the time but posts like this:

Make this thread invaluable. I've learned so damn much and keep learning every day.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012

10. Larson McCord

Larson McCord Senior member

Alden for Brooks Brothers shell, size 11D; uppers in excellent condition

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Oxxford silk plaid jacket, vintage but in good shape 42L

[​IMG][​IMG]

Brand new Brooks brothers tan suede sneaker/boat shoes size 10.5
    [​IMG]

11. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Not too shabby at all, rather good :thumbs-up:

12. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

No finds for me recently, but my co-worker found a recent NWT Versace vest yesterday for $7. Only problem is that it is missing one of the Medusa buttons on the front (and the replacement button on the inside is also missing). She said she would probably sell it as is, but I told her that she needs to check with someone first:

[​IMG]

13. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

not to further derail the thread, but did anyone see "this might get loud"? jimmy page is a god. and talk about rock swagger.

14. amadar

amadar Senior member

Quick find today, and in my size! First ever Zegna Couture piece I've come across. Slightly older by the label, but in pristine condition, and the side-seams already taken in for a nice slim fit :slayer:

[​IMG]

15. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Your size means my size. I think you really don't want that very much [​IMG]. Kidding, that's an awesome find and looks to be a very attractive pattern - congrats!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.