The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tben

tben Senior member

2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

3. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Disagreement over GW - good job I have absolutely no idea about them - I always enjoyed a decent argument or difference of opinion. Argue away guys, maybe an ignorant fellow like me can learn something.

:lurk:

Dont want to sound stoopid here, but WTF is that and what size? Outfit for sale, shirt, whats avail?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

4. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Not ur size. :laugh:

14.5 RLBL shirt + 38R PRL jacket set

5. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Here's a full-body shot of the beautiful Aquascutum rain jacket. (If anybody has one of these in a 38-40 S, I'd be interested).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. valium

valium Senior member

The onetime president of Goodwill Industries in Santa Clara County masterminded an embezzlement scheme that siphoned off millions of dollars in donations meant for job training for disabled people, according to a federal indictment unsealed this week.

Andrew Liersch, 67, will go before a federal judge Friday to face charges of money-laundering and wire fraud, which prosecutors and Goodwill officials say cost the charity $26 million.

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/may/29/local/me-goodwill29

Article: Goodwill scam probe widens // Millions in land deals by 2 execs questioned

Two former Goodwill Industries executives are being investigated as the masterminds behind a burgeoning -charity scandal involving millions of dollars in shady financial schemes and bogus land deals.

Nearly every local and federal investigative agency in Chicago is trying to untangle the multifaceted scam to determine how much was looted from the social service agency.

But the losses go beyond money, as Goodwill attempts to regain credibility in the devastating aftermath of the two executives' seven-year tenure at the 67-year-old charity. Goodwill officials said contributions have dropped and some fund-raising activities have been curtailed because of the scandal.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-3763166.html

EX-EXECS ARE SUED IN GOODWILL SCAM // State, charity say two diverted huge sums

Two former Goodwill Industries executives were accused yesterday in two lawsuits of diverting hundreds of thousands of dollars in real estate, machinery, paint and cash from one of the city's best-known charities.

The suits outline alleged schemes involving dummy charities and deceptive land deals orchestrated by former Goodwill executive director Harry H. Woodward Jr., 53, and former associate director Herman Kaye, 65.

Illinois Attorney General Neil F. Hartigan filed a civil complaint in Circuit Court seeking reimbursement for Goodwill from the pair, $100,000 in punitive damages from ...

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-3763768.htm

Former Goodwill executive stays in jail on scam charges

OAKLAND, Calif. — A former executive with Goodwill Industries will remain in jail while he awaits trial on charges that he bilked the charity out of $800,000.

https://secure.rgj.com/news/stories/html/2003/06/08/44130.php

7. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Talking of Aquascutum, found a sport coat and it was fully canvassed, hand ticked lapels, and handmade button holes. Any idea if these guys went bespoke - there are no tags anywhere to be found in the garment?

Calling BrianPore to immediate attention on the shirt. Hurry up and ged it.

8. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Sounds cool. They've done quite a few collaborations, I think, including with Steven Alan. Pink's not so difficult to pull off for casual wear, IMO. A good percentage of my OCBDs are solid pink or pink university stripe.

As for finds today: Picked up a Brioni tie from TJ Maxx on clearance.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

10. valium

valium Senior member

you dont have to take either of our words just go to this page,the examples i listed are only the first four of about 40 reported cases from that threa
    ad alone
    here you go,cant argue with facts and CONVICTIONS!!!

http://www.amazonsellercommunity.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=173496&start=0&tstart=0

Originally Posted by Klobber [​IMG]

Disagreement over GW - good job I have absolutely no idea about them - I always enjoyed a decent argument or difference of opinion. Argue away guys, maybe an ignorant fellow like me can learn something.
    [​IMG]
    [/SPOILER]
    Dont want to sound stoopid here, but WTF is that and what size? Outfit for sale, shirt, whats avail?

11. valium

valium Senior member

also this is very interesting apparently what Goodwill pays their handicapped employees! is reimbursed in full by the state, in addition to a bonus for each person who finished the program ( oh they are only employed for 3 months period no chance for permanent work, that's the program, they are unaware of this 3 month time limit until three months passes) nice huh?

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

No, Wade, I was bringing you this deal for you to loan me the money to put in. It's my deal here, see...

Wade?

13. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

i never thought i'd see grown men arguing so much in a thread devoted to shopping for other people's castaways. don't they have prostitutes in your town, fellas?

14. valium

valium Senior member

lol actually i have a fine ass 26 year old asian gf calling my name for the last hour.
    look man,i made a comment.the guy said i was full of shit so i just posted numerous irrefutable proof in black and white.thats why he hasnt said anything since.
    case closed

15. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

I scored a NWOT pair of Raleigh Denim Nash raw straight fit jeans in my size from a clothing exchange store a couple of blocks from my house. They were a floor model worn by a mannequin at some high-end boutique for a season before ending up there.

Original retail > $275.00.

Marked > $84.00.
    Paid > $0.00 (thanks to the balance on my trade card). [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.