• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastdonb

Reaction score

The Zenella Platinums I picked up were marked 34 but had been let out to a 36, looks like those are still a 32.

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its been a little while since I really went out thrifting but I did get a few really cool things this week.

Today I found a really nice pair of cotton/cashmere Luciano Barbera navy pants with suspender buttons which was great.

Last week I picked up a pair of Levis Vintage Clothing distressed chinos on sale for $50 from $350. I had the waist taken in and they fit great now.

This may not be everyones thing but I also got this hickory stripe chore jacket the other day which I had altered to fit a little better. I think I may have the pockets raised and the jacket slightly shortened in the next week or so as well.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've had a dry spell recently, so I was really pleased to pick up these Lattanzi hand-welted loafers earlier today. They're marked a 9.5 which I think must be a UK size, and they only seem to have been worn a couple of times (but stored without trees). My head spins when I think about how these ended up where they did:

:slayer:
This in London?

GHo

Reaction score

I too grew up about an hour from there...where you from?

holy cow. what are the odds.

I grew up in Fairbank, IA, which is about 30 min NE of Waterloo (around the Oelwein area).

How bouts you? I'm in Des Moines now. Are you around this area?

hyakku

Reaction score

Dunhill reserved for a member here, it is way too small for us bigger chaps.
Zegna cashmere jacket / overcoat, size was 54, I can take pics ;).
I PM / reply to your message later tonight in regards to our awesome trade :)

Would love to see pics of that Dunhill, even if someone's got dibs. Would love it even more if they fell through and it fit . Keep us posted on this please.

I REALLY need help identifying the following coat. Something about the chain and the size marking is really, really familiar, it fits me amazingly, and it feels like it's pretty great quality. I can't tell if there's handwork on the pocket stitching or what, but please someone tell me they can identify this:

j0cghl.jpg

6ckKLl.jpg
Chain near where the tag would've been.
ED1Gpl.jpg
inside of pockets
5mbool.jpg

Ld3tIl.jpg
Tag pic
woTcVl.jpg
Interior, I believe it's satin lining but I'm not sure.

Pics of some recently available things here as well:

Canali 16/41 a light periwinkle, hard to get the color in pics (Available):

f8iLtl.jpg

6FD1ol.jpg

GokWJl.jpg

Dolce & Gabanna Mainline Corduroy / Jeans (Italian size 52, Available). Bit of distressing and whatnot, look pretty unworn, still unhemmed:

9wmWp.jpg

LeOhW.jpg

oAkFl.jpg

8WYVd.jpg

Finally, dunno what this is but I'm feeling the navajo look:

8Sg0Tl.jpg

7qLhql.jpg

2QrYZl.jpg

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lets get right to the highlight of my day.

First Corneliani I've ever found. Charcoal Gray 3 Button Jacket Sz 46. No Pants to be found, but copped anyway.
Didn't see anything else that may have been from the same donor, will return the next few days.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
What are these?

I magnified the page like 5 times and I have no idea what those are. If there are a brand held in high esteem, unless you're a pimp, you would probably only find two times in your life to wear one of those.

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, not a real thrift find but I learned last summer that my local Macy's marks the end of season stuff down to near thrift store prices. I picked up my electric blue D1 Docker chinos for $15 back then. Sure, they're not Bill's but they have proven quite serviceable.

Anyhow, I have been searching for a non-acrylic cardigan in Small since early last fall. Cotton or wool. Didn't matter which. Solid colors were preferable but I would have taken most anything. I also liked those shorty shawl collar pullovers with the button latch at the throat.

Alas, nothing...at least not moth eaten.

So today, I dropped my BB surgeon cuff jacket off at a better tailor to get the cuffs adjusted to my length and realized that I hadn't been in the Macy's next door for several months. I sauntered back to the Men's department and found TWO racks of sweaters reduced to that magic price of $14.99. Oscar de la Renta so I wasn't too excited but they were cotton, solid navy (among other colors) and SMALL!

Dig kopped!

Here's some internet photos since I didn't have a photo op. The cardigan pic is exact while the pull over is as close as I could find...and it really sux! :lol:

This is mostly just a psa for anyone who might be similarly inclined.

Carry on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads