• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrift-fu

Reaction score
Thanks! I initially took my first clothing photos in there because it had the best natural light, but quickly realized that I liked the feel the room gave the photos.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was only able to hit one store last week, but I still found a few things.

Tweed Aquascutum overcoat, with gun-patch on the shoulder, only a little big for me, so I might convince myself to keep it. 40 Long

That's a really cool jacket. If I didn't already have a closet full of way too many overcoats for someone living in LA, I would definitely be interested.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday's 10 cent Wild Turkey Shots

50s-60s HF Checker Plaid Top Coat
$(KGrHqR,!pwE8Wlw5Nt(BPQuBC5iGg~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!h8E8N+2EfQ9BPQuB9uIig~~60_3.JPG
$(KGrHqZ,!o4E8VYGGIm5BPQuB2vC,!~~60_3.JPG
$(KGrHqR,!kwE8Nu(vfT4BPQuBVEC1!~~60_3.JPG

BB 3pc Gray Chalk Stripe 3 roll 2

$(KGrHqN,!jUE8EwQNTquBPQuWtlebg~~60_3.JPG

Pimptastic DB Flannel Striped Suit - Ultra Wide Lapels...I couldn't resist.

$(KGrHqZ,!h!E8gUhyU86BPQumdL8hg~~60_3.JPG
$(KGrHqJ,!l!E8EqSozg6BPQumuuO6!~~60_3.JPG

Classic Austin Reed Pub Crawler

$(KGrHqZ,!lYE8FV4bhCNBPQwnRHDNQ~~60_3.JPG

Gray Herringbone Harris Tweed

$(KGrHqNHJCsE9!,,im!UBPQ)uH4RT!~~60_3.JPG

Stand Out ... Vintage Triple Striped Patch Pocket SC

$(KGrHqR,!g4E8rVqQ7,lBPQv1mdomg~~60_3.JPG

Burberry London SC

$(KGrHqR,!n4E8Vih4SMgBPQwWQDOF!~~60_3.JPG
$(KGrHqF,!p0E8WnhVECwBPQwWhht0Q~~60_3.JPG

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a really cool jacket.  If I didn't already have a closet full of way too many overcoats for someone living in LA, I would definitely be interested.

Yeah, before moving to California, I had a bunch of long coats. Now I have precisely zero, it does not even get close to cold enough to wear one. Maybe at midnight when it gets chilly :laugh:

Everett464

Reaction score
Love it! Good finds. I like that pubcrawler.

Quote:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

You bet! Then when you pull up to your favorite hot spot the next time, this is what you see:
HotRizeCrowd011.jpg

(mostly kidding) - though take this seriously for your local area - there are plenty of guys who have tried to help someone out only to find their stores cleaned out by that one person for months. c'est la vie, I suppose!

whered you find this pic?? Its a bar here in nashville ive been kicked out of a few times. ;)

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was right to pass on this, right? Old as dirt and a small hole (looks like an actual hole, not moth hole) between the shoulders. Never seen anything by Gucci before so I have no idea how to spot a fake Gucci label. The content tag looks at the very least how I'd imagine an old Gucci content tag would look (forgot to take a picture of it). The quality was "meh", definitely not anything to write home about. So a) fake or real, b) how old if real, c) correct to pass (I'm guessing a) is irrelevant since b) and c) will counsel against getting it anyhow).

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I was right to pass on this, right? Old as dirt and a small hole (looks like an actual hole, not moth hole) between the shoulders. Never seen anything by Gucci before so I have no idea how to spot a fake Gucci label. The content tag looks at the very least how I'd imagine an old Gucci content tag would look (forgot to take a picture of it). The quality was "meh", definitely not anything to write home about. So a) fake or real, b) how old if real, c) correct to pass (I'm guessing a) is irrelevant since b) and c) will counsel against getting it anyhow).

That looks like Paolo Gucci, but I barely see any old Gucci items so I have no idea, just wanted to throw in my 2cents because I haven't posted in a while.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks real but very old gucci, probably worthless

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yesterday's 10 cent Wild Turkey Shots

50s-60s HF Checker Plaid Top Coat
[/SPOILER]

This thing is badass! I have way too many overcoats, and it's not my size, but it's bad. ass. did I mention that? :slayer:

whered you find this pic?? Its a bar here in nashville ive been kicked out of a few times. ;)

LOL I Google Image Searched something like "long line of people" or something like that, I don't remember... small world isn't it?!

Zilch in two stores this afternoon. Photos of stuff from last week at some point... :D

Last edited:

Hoofit

Reaction score
Found a couple of nice things today. All are available. Please PM for measurements and such.
Ralph Lauren Poli glenplaid sut 42 R Double vented, ticket pocket Made in USA seems to be never worn. Pants have been altered for inseam.
RLPoloSuit005.jpg

Bruno Magli Tassel Loafers 10D
RLPoloSuit008.jpg

And gasp, Zanella with only 1 pleat.
RLPoloSuit012.jpg

And do you think this Borrelli is real??? 100% poly :eh:
IMG005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads