1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tben

tben Senior member

+1. He constantly has stuff that I want. That Corneliani Linen looks exactly like a BR I picked up at the outlet. It would be a nice upgrade...

2. grendel

grendel Senior member

Xenos, what size are the shirts and are they available? Especially the Camicissima, Eredi Pisano, and Hilditch.

3. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys do for lunch / dinner when thrifting for most the day?

Make own and keep in car?

Or

Eat out?

I try to plan a trip so that I end up at a favored restaurant when the lunch bell tolls.

4. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Sorry [​IMG]. 16.25" shoulders really would work for you? I'll take a fit pic when I get the jacket (if it is totally unwearable there is already someone who has dibs on the thread, Eazye, you'd be third I think, sorry)

5. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Had some ok finds today. Made the trip worthwhile, anyway. All are available.

- Polo RL by Corneliani gray/black herringbone sportcoat. 3 btn. Elbow patches and patch pockets. Single vent. Tagged a 46 R (SOLD)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Allen Edmonds Waltons 10 1/2 D

[​IMG]

- Allen Edmonds Wilbert 10 1/2 D

[​IMG]

Not pictured:

- Sony Playstation 2. Slim version w/ 2 PS2 Controlers and a Logitech wireless Playstation controller. Also picked up Gran Turismo 4 to bundle with it.

- Coach brown leather messenger bag/briefcase. Model 5307. Included two original keys. Had the original booklet inside. It does needs a dire coat of leather conditioner/renovator. Inside is dark brown. Exposed areas are light brown. :plain:

- Vietnam-era ERDL camo poncho liner. Dated 1968.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  6. vexco

vexco Senior member

I generally plan a route around where I wanna eat for that day haha

And Nataku, that PRL is bad-ass.

7. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

^^^ I usually eat a big meal and then head out. But then again, I rarely hit more than 3 spots on any one trip (unless they happen to be all within walking distance) because I take the subway or buses.

@ Nataku: I'm pretty sure I sold a pair of AE Waltons to a guy in Minnesota a few months ago. I think it would be funny if he donated them and you're the one who picked them up. [​IMG]

8. vinasity

vinasity Senior member

Found this little nugget for my tie collection
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

:inlove:

10. GHo

GHo Senior member

nice tie.

:nodding:

11. grendel

grendel Senior member

Maybe it's just the pictures, but that thing looks huge!

12. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

[​IMG]

13. GHo

GHo Senior member

that's what she said

:rimshot:

did a little Vintage Rock T-shirt shopping this afternoon.

[​IMG]

14. Xenos

Xenos Senior member

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángele

Heh. Thanks.
    It's a great shirt. Couldn't believe it wasn't even marked as "boutique". The retail tags are on the button at the waist, though, so whoever priced it likely just missed that.
    Camicissima is about 16/41, 16.5/42, Pisano and Hilditch are both 16/41. Thanks.

15. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

[​IMG]

16. vinasity

vinasity Senior member

Its the picture and how I have it placed in my hand that makes it look big lol

17. archivesguy

archivesguy New Member

Over the weekend, I went thrifting and picked up a couple of interesting things. First was a Daniel Cremieux signature collection made in Italy tie. Not really my style, and a bit wide, but it was super substantial and thick. It turns out it was a 6 fold tie, the first I've come across.
    [​IMG]

The next thing I picked up was a very nice midnight shawl collar tuxedo from Nieman Marcus. The tag on the inside of the breast pocket had a date of 195_ , I think it said 1952, but it runs off the edge. Nieman Marcus was only in Dallas until it opened a Houston store in 1957, so the tux dates to when it was a little local department store. This thing was beautiful, satin lapels, jetted pockets, single button. Only problem is a small hole in the front of the pants, near the fly. It would be covered by the jacket normally, so even if a repair was slightly noticeable I don't think it ruins the suit. The pictures don't really show the midnight blue, looks black but under natural lighting you can see it is a very dark blue in contrast to the lapels. And for some reason photos are not orienting correctly, sorry about that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've put them both up on ebay, with the opening bid at what I paid for each. I'm not sure if its against sf policy to link to those, but my username there is jeremyjfloyd.

18. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, SNAP!

I found these gorgeous Sahara Trekking Shoes made by Orvis. They appear to have a traditional leather sole overdubbed with Vibram. No heel erosion, perfect outer/interior. If it weren't for a little dust on the sole, I'd say they were new.

Size 10.5 D, but according to the reviews on their web site, they appear to fit a half to full size small.

WILDLY AVAILABLE FROM STORE: NOOBIZOR

:bigstar:

19. concealed

concealed Senior member

Freegan life

20. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I really wanted one of those shawl collar navy Bloomingdales cardigans that they had over the winter. They're all gone now :(

Indeed it is! Of course chances of find this stuff (Dior Homme) is about 1 in 40, but they're out there.

I think it's obvious - you and DM7 rule this thread with your consistently amazing hauls! I am in love with that Zegna sportcoat. An EG tie?! Wow! :slayer:

Do you recall the size, by chance? That sure would be something if they were the same pair! :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.