The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Yup, this happened to me with a Chanel piece, but my wife is happily wearing it. What about your missus wearing that?

2. amadar

amadar Senior member

^^^as stated in the above post, unfortunately no, she's a very tiny little thing.

3. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Ok, pretty good day for me. First the more pedestrian stuff, but great for me since most of it's my size [​IMG].

[​IMG]

Zegna, Zegna, Pink, BB, BB, BB.

Had 3 other BBs in equally desirable colors that will make for great weekly wears but didnt' want to bore you guys. All the same size and clearly from the same donor (pristine condition), all fresh from the drycleaners. Zegnas fit me, as do the BBs ([​IMG]), and the Pink is earmarked...so, true bragging on this stuff; sorry!

[​IMG]

Zegna, Zegna (50/50 flax/cotton, which I haven't come across before. I think it's quite cool actually).

[​IMG]

Aran Crafts 95 merino wool/5 cashmere. Camera flash doesn't do it justice...beautiful classic red woven.

[​IMG]

This is a tank of a Pendleton jacket. This thing is rad, IMO. Super heavy, really cool color and design, and a weird back pocket flap thing I've never seen before (see spoiler).

[​IMG]

This is the back of the jacket. Both of those button spots open up for a "through-way" big pocket type thing. Never seen something like this before.

[​IMG]

Hickey Freeman SC, "woven in the British Isles"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Speaking of "currency" items (at least this pair)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First ever Aquascutum!!

[​IMG]

And last, but certainly not least, the piece de resistance (since I never find shoes)...

My first...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...and SECOND...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...pair of Church's ever. YESSSSSSSSS!!

The top pair are Church's for Cheaney, bench made in England, size 11s...I'm a 12, but they're fine on length, but a bit narrow. They are effing immaculate. Bottoms are barely worn and they reek of new leather smell. I'd honestly estimate that they were worn for less than 5 full work days, at most. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]. I'm buying shoe stretchers and making those motherf*@$#rs work, damnit. The second pair are patent leather (!!), Italian made, and in ridiculously good shape for patent leather...not a single scuff on them. Size 9M.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012

4. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Rest of your stuff was cool, but this is WTF :eek: :drool:
    Damn, wish I was an 11's, you would have a hard time keeping. Good solid finding.

Ahhh I see, still a great find. I hope Spoo comes in for that, he would know how to flip that. I suspect he did not marry a russian shot putter, so probably his wife would not fit that, but I bet he could sell that $1K plus...

What troubles me is some crazy woman just dumped that off - if you are willing to spend $12K and chuck something, I would like the donor to lend me their Ferrari forever if they are so reckless and carefree with money.

5. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

If those are US 9s, I'd be interested. :)

6. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

not worth that much on the bay, i have a 90 cash 10 vicuna kiton i got for 250 nwt , couldnt sell it for 999 obo

7. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Oops, not "11s"..."size 11", and I don't know the width (I'm not well versed in the ways of reading Church shoe codes). They feel slightly narrow (I'm a D/wide, and they're narrow on me...hence the need for the shoe stretcher). Good shoes are my elusive finds; I'm more willing to work to make them work for me. [​IMG]

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot 2 of my best finds of the day!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who could forget the almighty "Crocodile #2 with an eerily familiar but slightly off logo", and the breathtaking "Gucci with the not even close to evenly stitched on tag" pieces!!! Is it honestly that hard to fake something well?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

9. grendel

grendel Senior member

That's a game pocket found on hunting jackets like the Barbour Beaufort or Woolrich field jackets. Very useful, especially for sneaking booze into places.

10. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

11. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Ah, that makes sense. I figured it had some sort of outdoor usage, knowing Pendleton's steez. Thanks for the info!

12. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

What size Daks?

Good point. They will probably plant things that look flashy on the show, like LV purses and stuff people have heard of.

I am still a bit worried. I've already noticed an increase of thrifters over the last couple years.

WTF. I always pass this shit up. I literally find 2 or 3 of these every time I go. I am going to pick these up by the truckload from now on.

At first I was like:
    [​IMG]

But now I'm like, PMing you because this will probably fit someone I know.

13. Everett464

Everett464 Senior member

The pocket is for duck carcasses, or fish.
    Quote:

14. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Where the hell are you guys raiding... I never find stuff this good/valuable.

15. catside

catside Senior member

I am somehow relieved that " the Kiton" was of female persuasion. We need to do a find of the year poll end of the year IMO. Of course pics or it didn't happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.