Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Took the words RIGHT out of my mouth.

2. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

That's what I'm talking about. Thread needs more of this, less of everything else.

3. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Never did complete Contra as a kid, too difficult. Metroid = classic. Maybe I will download an emulator to play it again.

Anyone here remember Ghost n Goblins on the arcade? That has got to be one of the toughest games ever!

4. lastdonb

lastdonb Senior member

It's not that I'm knocking them, I own 'em. But it's more the wading through "all" the dockers, I don't want more Dockers, I want KITON....Love to find a pair of "Bills", when I'm wading through the Dockers, I'm thinking Bills (until I'm past the kahki colors, then I want KITON)

5. lastdonb

lastdonb Senior member

But they are made in Italy.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Definitely worth grabbing if they're not dated (low gorge, low button stance, etc). If the inside pocket has the large square label that looks like the photo below, it's fairly new (for Oxxford anyway, seeing as a lot of them that I've found are pre 1990). I think they switched to this label in 1994.

[​IMG]

Anyway, 43 R is my size and a lot of others on here as well. It'll be well worth grabbing them at that price.

Thread winner of the year award goes to.......

Seriously - a vicuna Kiton!?! That's the the grail of holy grails! Looks like some sort of coat/jacket to me as I can kind of see the sleeve lining. Retail on that sucker is what, $12,000 minimum?

7. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Senior member

I think Contra was one of the few games where the only way to beat it was to use the cheat code.

8. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Too bad it's white

9. Ubryaj

Ubryaj Member

Found a Brioni suit also. Probably same owner. Size is 52. Price was $45. Believe all this stuff was for a big guy. Some was early 2000s and other early 90s.

10. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

Holy shit I thought I had a chance to at least win the day but good lord. I just googled vicuña:

http://www.departures.com/articles/vicuna-the-worlds-rarest-fabric

I've gotta expand my thrifting. Are you all hitting consignment spots or something, I have finds consistently but damn I feel like I must be missing out sticking mostly to my GWs and few other spots.

Edit: Lol only this thread can make me feel bad about finding a Dunhill jacket .

11. Madroaster

Madroaster Well-Known Member

Something a lot of people don't realize is the Kirkland stuff is often pretty decent stuff. $$$-Brand cookware, $1200. Kirkland-labeled of the exact same cookware, $400. $$$-Label wine, $75. Kirkland-labeled of the exact same wine, $25. Not always, but generally speaking, Kirkland gets their name on fairly decent stuff. About the pants--if they hadn't said Kirkland, would you have bought them? Let the quality have its say, too.

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

It varies. My actual size is a 10.5 D, but I have a lot of foot pain (probably due to several hours of thrifting a day) and need to wear prescribed custom orthotics. So I usually wear New Balance 10.5 4E or 11 4E. These shoes are 11.5 E and have just enough room for the orthotics. I really struggle to find dress shoes that don't hurt my feet after an hour or so. I've come across several pairs that I actually love, but just can't stand to be in them.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

DIBS no matter what size it is for my dad brother cousin future eBay client self cool cool thanks

+1

14. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Better lay out sum cash!!!!!

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

amadar owes me some favors. :smarmy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.