The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. applky

applky Senior member

2. toscano_adottato

toscano_adottato Senior member

Dig you've always struck me as a little weird (that keychain you're holding in your pictures only adds to the oddity) but I gotta give you props on the transformation. I'm just starting out on the road to waistline expansion and now I'm inspired to turn around and go back! Thanks! :slayer:

3. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

You don't want these. Send them to me for disposal. Seriously, do you want to trade??

4. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

It's finds like these that make me feel violently angry toward my feet. I have a good mind to cut a few inches of them off, the bastards.

5. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

I'll take an inch more..... I hate looking for 7-8 shoes when everything is in the 9-11 range.

6. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

Wow, terrible tease today. Found an RLPL SUIT, made in england, double breasted, etc. I'm fucking giddy because even though its too big I know I'll be able to trade it up here for something similar my size. I tear up the rest of the store looking for similar stuff (came across a messed up fray :() and finally before purchasing I go to inspect it and am greeeted with the following stain in the pants. I also noticed some really small stains on the lapel that likely would've come out, but the pants seemed like they weren't salvageable. Took a pic though and hid the suit in the store somewhere where it's highly unlikely it will ever be found so if someone says it can be and is interested, I'll fly back to get it. Probably should've gotten a full pic of the suit instead of just the stained areas, but if its salvageable I'm sure a 42L up here will have PMed me before I finish typing this post lol.

Luckily, before I left, I go through pants still looking for pants for myself, and low and behold...I see a Made in Italy that looks awfully RLish. Sure enough, bam, RLBL Khaki colored wool pants, amazing quality, don't fit me but I grabbed em hoping someone around a 38 in RLBL would have something 29ish in pants. Will post in the trade thread too after I eat, but would also be interested in some shoes potentially or another jacket. If that guy with the Commes des Garcons sees this before I get a chance to PM and can fit these pants I'd trade for that as well.

Pics of the Pants and suit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RLBL pants (I suck at measuring pants but if it's supposed to be from the top of the belt buckle down to the hem its 39 3/8", but I'm assuming we measure from just under the belt buckle, in which case its 37 7/8" hemmed):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Brianpore

Those dont look like RLBL= Ralph Lauren Black Label? Those are Ralph Lauren Polo Pants (made in Italy) which is a HUGE step above reg Ralph Lauren, supposedly just a notch below the Purple Label stuff. Not that I really care as I have not interest in the suit, but how much was it at the store. Anything $20 or under I would just say buy it and bring it to the drycleaner asap. Can't "loose money" on it if you toss it on ebay with a starting price of of what you paid + shipping (if under $20 to start with) imo.

8. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Thanks!

Two years so far. I remain ever vigilant!

Thanks and you're welcome!

The keychain was a gift from a good friend on another forum (cars) where Felix The Cat is also my avatar. I used it in the fit pics as an inside joke and as an homage to Spoo and his Versace ring. I have since scaled it back to special occasion use only. As to being a little weird, you couldn't be more wrong.

I'm basically a lot weird. :laugh:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012

9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

Whoah, look at these. Allen Edmonds Coppell, 9B. Almost fit, but...not quite. Probably wouldn't have thrown these up here, but weirdly, they seem to be only tried on, with a couple of minor scuffs on the insides. Also grabbed some solid used Allen Edmonds Waldens, 8.5 B. That Allen Edmonds, man -- he loves to go crazy with his letters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. You guys should throw up more pics of the Commes de Garcon and Surface to Air stuff. So rare, so dericious....

10. grendel

grendel Senior member

Size and pics on the BBBF Donegal tweed pants?

11. Brianpore

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Magic Eraser works like a charm, and doesn't discolor the leather sole.

13. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

My bad you're right, I always forget BL is Black Label. I figured the actual "Blue Label" would be the Made in Italy line, not the average PRL stuff but that makes sense. I'm still thinking about the suit, it was 30 IIRC so it could be worth a shot. I would usually not be concerned with returning it, but that's a bit too much time ATM.

14. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Is there a thread that talks about ease of clothing repair? I know people sometimes pick up things with tiny moth holes because they can be re weaved, but at what point do the repairs needed outweigh the potential value of the garment?

Is there anything on the great world of SF like this? Or does knowing what can/can't be repaired and what is/is not worth it just come with experience?

15. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Ugh, +1. I posted a thread earlier today asking if anyone knows about reasonable tailors who do reweaving in the NOVA area, and all I got was crickets. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.