• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just had another Unpaid Item Case open (third this year) over a $45 Chaps suit that I bought pre-SF.
My question (and part frustration) is this -after the case closes and I'm "reimbursed" for fees, I obviously can't leave neg feedback. Are you guys leaving negative feedback prior to the case closing? I can still leave it for this guy, but I don't want him dinging me too.
On the flip side, I'm getting ******* tired of these people bidding, having a change of heart, and not paying. All ebay does is slap them on the wrist, if that, and allow them to go on their merry way. How do we, as sellers, tell how many times a bidder has not paid in the past (or is that even possible)
/rant
censored.gif

There is a setting where you can automatically block bidders with a certain number (your choice) of unpaid item strikes in the last certain amount of time(your choice). I will see if I can find where that is and repost.

hmmurdock

Reaction score

There is a setting where you can automatically block bidders with a certain number (your choice) of unpaid item strikes in the last certain amount of time(your choice). I will see if I can find where that is and repost.

+1 This is about the only good thing left on ebay for sellers.

lastdonb

Reaction score
Went back to the GW where I picked up the "Zegna" FABRIC Fit-Wel suits, dollar day on blue tags, they were putting out 9 pairs of multi-pleated, cuffed Zanella's, plus 3 Nordstrams, waist 36 in various colors, all same owner, wish they were flat fronts, left behind.

But did pick up a few things,

A nice Robert Graham, excellent condition, pretty nice looking shirt, it's a slim medium, but might be a keeper:

Picked up a like new Zegna spread collar blue check "french cuff" that has buttons but I guess you can cut the buttons off and use the holes, both of these items had cleaning tags with the same name, there was another Zegna same owner that was really nice but had a fabric run right in the front:

Tuesday I picked up all the Fit-Wel suits and 2 sport coats but going through the pants, found the orphan pants to one of what I thought, and very could be used as a sport coat, now it's a suit:

Very nice grey with purple stripe in Dormeuil 15 point fabric

Finally, always looking for that RL bear sweater, found a RL flag sweater, very heavy, 100% cotton, great shape, and help in dating the sweater is appreciated, blue tag day, picked up for $1.00:

Last edited:

Everett464

Reaction score
The Dormeuil is beautiful - that purple strip is a stunner - especially since you wouldn't see it outside of 6 feet or so. Nice work! Does it fit you?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up a like new Zegna spread collar blue check "french cuff" that has buttons but I guess you can cut the buttons off and use the holes ....

I'm still a noob, but I wouldn't cut those buttons off. I think that shirt is made that way intentionally, so you can use it either as a french cuff or button cuff shirt. There's a name for that which is escaping me. Most don't have the double-fold french cuff look, though, so that's a bit unusual (again, to the noob's eye).

That Robert Graham actually isn't all that bad. With the right blazer (Read: velvet), it'd make a decent "streetwear" outfit.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up a like new Zegna spread collar blue check "french cuff" that has buttons but I guess you can cut the buttons off and use the holes, both of these items had cleaning tags with the same name, there was another Zegna same owner that was really nice but had a fabric run right in the front:

About 99.9999999999% sure that zegna is fake. And I am not a noob :rotflmao:

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I concur with the sentiment that the Zegna shirt is quite fake.

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went back to the GW where I picked up the "Zegna" FABRIC Fit-Wel suits, dollar day on blue tags, they were putting out 9 pairs of multi-pleated, cuffed Zanella's, plus 3 Nordstrams, waist 36 in various colors, all same owner, wish they were flat fronts, left behind.

next time you find dollar zanellas in your waist size, you might want to consider picking them up for yourself. i had the pleats removed from some trousers a couple years back. cost around $30-40 or so, and they turned out great. $1 + $30 = $31 flat front zanellas, not a bad bargain if you ask me.

lastdonb

Reaction score
The Dormeuil is beautiful - that purple strip is a stunner - especially since you wouldn't see it outside of 6 feet or so. Nice work! Does it fit you?

Unfortunately no, they are too big. I grabbed what is now six suits and one sport coat because all the fabrics were top notch, just trying to figure out the best way to pass them on!

Here is the original post:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/th...ount-store-bragging-thread/25290#post_5187243 Post # 25296

Measurements: Suit coats: PTP 23.50", Shoulder 20", sleeve 24" +1, Length from bottom of collar 31".
Pants: 38 waist +2, 32 inseam (a lot of fabric inside, 3" see picture), 42.5 outseam, leg opening 9.25"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads