Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grendel

grendel Senior member

Do the Bugatchi ones sell too? I've seen those several times. I also picked up some Jhane Barnes shirts that I've put up on eBay and have a couple people watching, so we'll see.

2. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

RG shirts also kind of remind me of something that a youth minister at a megachurch would wear (untucked, natch) with a goatee and spiky highlighted hair to show the kids that he is "with it."

3. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

found these yesterday. too small for me, anybody want to trade? SUCCESSFUL TRADE UNLOCKED.

Epaulet sz32 Slim Walt Trouser, 100% wool flannel, very good (looks almost unworn to me) condition. color is Lovat green (blend of green, pale gold, and light blue). flat front, no cuff. front-lined to knee.

they are currently available here for the princely sum of $225.

• waist: 33
    • inseam: 32 (2 inches of material inside)
    • front rise: 12.5
    • leg opening width: 8
    • thigh width: 12

here's a pic (note: the color in this picture is MUCH darker than in person, go to the epaulet.com link above for a more accurate representation of the color)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012

4. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Those are pretty sweet! I'd need to hem them a bit, though. Do you have any need for the shoes I posted above? 10 C.

5. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

^^^This opinion is directly at odds with this one! v v v Maybe I need a poal?

Me likey!

That's funny! :lol: I don't care WHO you are!

Challenge not met per parameter set below!
    I like your style.

6. lastdonb

lastdonb Senior member

For some reason it seems you should do something special to clean a $600 retail dress shirt besides just send it to the corner laundry, what you do with yours?

7. Larson McCord

Larson McCord Senior member

So a couple of years ago I found this great old super thick made in England Brooks Brothers mid length wool jacket, 4 buttons on the front kind of like a pea coat but single breasted. I usually prefer zippers on jackets so I wound up putting it on EBay and selling it. I've regretted it every since. I have a think for jackets and coats to my wife's and my coat closet's chagrin. So today I hit one of my rotation stores and there is another just like my old one but newer and in better condition, my size. HOORAY! Happy boy.

Also, a question, there is a 'higher end' thrift near me that marks stuff WAY up and then progressively marks them down every week. They have a returned Brooks Brother Storm system gray overcoat that fits me perfectly, it's down to $99 but my thrift sense says no. I think I may have to get it. It has the BB tag cut out but everything else is minty. Would you kop?[​IMG]

8. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

9. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I bought a tux for $50. I could have waited until the last Saturday of the month and gotten it for $25 but the garment meant more to me than the potential savings. I just didn't want to take a chance on losing it.

I passed on a pair of Ray Bans one evening for $8 that were slightly dinged on the frame. I went back the next morning and they were gone so when I was at a pawn shop and found a pair of Ray Ban 3217's for $40, I bought them without hesitation. If you like it and it fits, I say go for it.

I have a BB overcoat like you described above and would not part with it.

10. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Nothing special needs to be done, but I hand wash these shirts and let them hang dry. I prefer not to be hit with a drycleaning bill.

11. vexco

vexco Senior member

All of this is still available if anyone's interested in trading for anything. Sorry to quote/bump my own post but I can't post on the B/S yet anyway. Apologies!

12. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

*shrug* I dunno, I've never picked one up. If I see one in the future XXL I will for that guy, but otherwise not going to.

Today's finds:

Stefano Ricci tie in a crazy patchwork quilt style pattern... actually kind of interesting but still, available
    [​IMG]

Label - vincci? What's that, a store? :puzzled:
    [​IMG]

The series in thrifting lessons continues today...
    I admit it - I got cocky, thought I knew what I was looking for and didn't look as carefully as I should have at sections that hardly ever produce... and then I happened to spot these:
    Incotex size 38 cords, possibly unworn. Available
    [​IMG]

They were the 25% off color. That prompted an OH SH%# moment (I'm in this store a LOT) and I tore the place apart. Came up with these two:

Incotex size 38 cords, available
    [​IMG]

NWT Bill's Khakis cords, available size 37, probably heading for the bay since they're NWT but if anyone's interested first, available
    [​IMG]

13. lastdonb

lastdonb Senior member

When I was researching the Ricci shirt and ties I found, the big three had a patchwork Ricci tie listed for $550.
    Don't know if yours is the same type or not.

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/St...CKP&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=prod69140067skuRED

14. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

i've been watching a couple of those on the bay. that seems to be just about the sweet spot for sales. they look like awesome coats.

15. w00tah

w00tah Well-Known Member

The cast of Top Gear UK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.