• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
No dice on the kiton's, sorry guys...His brother got first dibs
baldy[1].gif
He had a canali suit with some holes in one of the shoulders, looks like it may have gotten snagged on something, not a moth hole.
I ended up leaving that. I did get a buttload of other stuff (nothing brag worthy) including a TON of brooks brothers ties. I'll post them up later after I get through everything else.

I guess the kiton score was too good to be true, but a guy can dream....

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sigh. I figured it was too good to be true. On a related note, not a thrift find, but dear god this is pure sex. Thank god the shoulders are too narrow otherwise I would be eating exclusively mac 'n cheese for the next 2 months:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...685416&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_5275wt_1163

baldy[1].gif
He had a canali suit with some holes in one of the shoulders, looks like it may have gotten snagged on something, not a moth hole.
I ended up leaving that. I did get a buttload of other stuff (nothing brag worthy) including a TON of brooks brothers ties. I'll post them up later after I get through everything else.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
baldy[1].gif

Any bow ties?
bigstar[1].gif

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only got out for a bit yesterday afternoon. Found a couple cool vintage items:

Old school BR photographer's vest. Pockets galore. This thing aged beautifully.

br1.jpg

br21.jpg

br31.jpg

Vintage (seems very old) HSM cotton jacket (22.5 chest/18.5 shoulder):

hsm.jpg

hsm2.jpg

hsm3.jpg

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walked in Marshalls today and saw a Gitman Bros 16/35 non-iron pink OCBD and an awesome teal 70% Wool, 30% Cashmere Via Ardigo (apparently a trendier line from Corneliani) SC in 40R.

Unfortunately, they're not my size. Are they flippable?

t2russo

Reaction score
I have never thrifted an item that doesn't fit me before, but today some larger benefactor decided to drop off the motherlode of basic shirts in ~17/43. I grabbed these since I know there are some people on here that can fit these and I would rather a catch like this stays in the thread than gets split up.

More details to come, but here's a quick teaser:

Moreno Martini de Firenze x2, Dolce and Gabbana Made in Italy, Zegna, linen Zegna, Zegna, Zegna, XII Threads (cutaway collar shirt from a brand I do not recognize, but this guy had good taste), Ted Baker, linen Ralph Lauren Purple Label.

I'm just here to pass this haul along, I'd really not rather deal with dicking about on fleabay or the likes. All of these are clean, well maintained, and undamaged, so I'd like to get these to a good home. I'll have more detailed photos up tonight or tomorrow... I have a lot of drinking to do, but shoot me a PM if you want any more details or to call dibs on any of these bad boys.

hyakku

Reaction score

I have never thrifted an item that doesn't fit me before, but today some larger benefactor decided to drop off the motherlode of basic shirts in ~17/43.  I grabbed these since I know there are some people on here that can fit these and I would rather a catch like this stays in the thread than gets split up.

More details to come, but here's a quick teaser:

Moreno Martini de Firenze x2, Dolce and Gabbana Made in Italy, Zegna, linen Zegna, Zegna, Zegna, XII Threads (cutaway collar shirt from a brand I do not recognize, but this guy had good taste), Ted Baker, linen Ralph Lauren Purple Label.

I'm just here to pass this haul along, I'd really not rather deal with dicking about on fleabay or the likes.  All of these are clean, well maintained, and undamaged, so I'd like to get these to a good home.  I'll have more detailed photos up tonight or tomorrow... I have a lot of drinking to do, but shoot me a PM if you want any more details or to call dibs on any of these bad boys.  

Priorities are straight :slayer:. Nice haul.

PMed on that vest Horse

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sigh.  I figured it was too good to be true.  On a related note, not a thrift find, but dear god this is pure sex.  Thank god the shoulders are too narrow otherwise I would be eating exclusively mac 'n cheese for the next 2 months:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...685416&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_5275wt_1163

I think I could eat Mac 'n cheese regularly. Very delicious, the secret to its tastiness is not using Velveeta or any mild processed cheese, but a real sharp cheddar (I use English Farmhouse, Canadian, Wisconsin or Vermont Cheddar). Makes Mac 'n cheese higher end, but ******* yummy. Before the oven, chop up a bunch of tomato slices, use a little French/English mustard, and add, I could eat 2LB's of that stuff. Serve with salty fries and that some great cuisine there :)

As for Hermes Sport Coat, looks nice but too vintage and price is too high for its vintage. I have a thrifted Hermes similar to that, if that sells decently, I sell mine. I have never worn it and dont think I ever will, so perhaps there could be some $$$$ there for me. I will wait and see.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Picked up my 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th seven fold ties this weekend....but unfortunately they are Paul Fredrick Sartoriale 7-folds. Anyone have experience with these? Seem nice and thick, self tipped, but Paul Fredrick....
shog[1].gif

Also picked up a fully lined Harris Tweed and Jack Victor suit.

Last edited:

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As for Hermes Sport Coat, looks nice but too vintage and price is too high for its vintage. I have a thrifted Hermes similar to that, if that sells decently, I sell mine. I have never worn it and dont think I ever will, so perhaps there could be some $$$$ there for me. I will wait and see.

serious question: what looks "too ... vintage" about that coat? the tag? the lapel? the material? not questioning, just tryin to learn over here!

Last edited:

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought these as well, because they're just cool as hell. Are they Tony Lama?

Answering my own questions. Not Tony Lama. Website called tonyboot.com. Sent them an email and got this reply.

Quote:

they are made from monitor lizard

our price for custommade included shipping usd300.-

thank you
tony

Not bad for $2.50. I didn't even know they made shoes out of lizard skin... I have absolutely no idea how to wear them though. Might put them up in B&S. Here are a few more pictures just because.

MattR

Reaction score
Maybe I should go back and get it, this Robert Graham sold for $159.50 with 29 bids!!!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Robert-Grah..._MC_Shirts&hash=item27c2e10a00#ht_7913wt_1108

I've come across several RG's with similar "loud" designs.

Me either but they're good as gold on eBay. $40+ guaranteed. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't pick one up. To each their own, especially for that kind of markup, haha.

Found a suspected orphaned Canali suit jacket, /quote]

It wouldn't happen to be a charcoal jacket and you wouldn't happen to be in NoVa, right? I found orphaned Canali pants today. Complete bummer, b/c it was my size, and I could use a charcoal suit. First time that that has happened to me - pants, no jacket.

Last edited:

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We did a thrifting segment for Put This On in New York.

Bought myself a nice Brooks cardigan.

14015-main-254.jpg

Grabbed a pair of these Filson flat-front chinos (NWT!) in a 34.

Also a beautiful Turnbull & Asser shirt in 15.5. Sleeves measure a little longer than 35" with double cuffs, gorgeous condition.

tna.jpg

Neither of those fit me, so if anyone wants to trade something or buy them, drop me a line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads