The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

True dat. :lol:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012

2. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Dude, I WANT one of those 42Ls...Like the one on the right more. Details?

3. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Someone (can't remember who) once said to me: DB looks great when buttoned; nothing better. When it's open: Looks like an open china cabinet.

Needless to say, SB has outnumbered DB in my wardrobe by 15 x 1 (seriously -- 30+ SB suits, only 2 DB) ever since.

4. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

Im thinking this is for an extreme case of OCD. In this case the poor fellow numbered his "Tie Clips" and "Tie Bars" so that he wore the exact same ones for each tie that he appropriately labelled!

:lol:

5. Kitontini

Kitontini Senior member

Holy cow, man! Where do you find the time to do everything?! Is there 2 of you?! :laugh: Makes me want to look at trunks now.

Is anyone interested in the Avon Celli sweater I put up earlier? Otherwise... to the Bay it goes!

6. grendel

grendel Senior member

Yeah, I do that, but they ride up when sitting and gap off my chest and collar.

7. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

Ah, fit looks a bit off in the wrists, but that's easily tailored. I think with that and the collar chop trick that MattR posted, this shirt would be quite awesome! People hate on Ted Baker, but years ago before I knew anything about sprezz style, I bought a chocolate houndstooth Ted Baker pea coat at TJ Maxx. Knew nothing about the brand or its flashy tendencies, but one look at the irridescent deep purple/pink viscose lining had me SOLD.

8. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

Not much this weekend except a few trades. Found this interesting rain coat though, undecided on whether to keep it especially since I'm moving out of CA soon. Can anyone tell me about this? I think it's from an old Army mfg. but I find conflicting info. Also got a new phone, no more shitty cell phone pics :slayer:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(bit of over saturation, was messing with settings on the last one, not sure what that white dot is, not on it in person)

9. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

It's definately Army, from 1971, so its technically Vietnam era. Since no patches, it works as a raincoat if your going for that military look I suppose. I wouldn't think you would have much use for it in California, so maybe hang on to it.

D.

10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

^^
    Cool to see another militaria enthusiast on here! Well, assuming so as you know how to date it from the DSA #.

11. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know, glad I grabbed it.

There was also a vintage HSM tweed glen plaid herringbone heavy coat I left as well if anyone is interested. I'll get pics next time I'm there.

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Just me and my insatiable thirst for beauty and profit, and not many hours spent sleeping.

[​IMG]

13. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Moar practical but less reevolved.
    [​IMG]

14. Pawz

Pawz Senior member

Anyone ever heard of this brand? Tie was $0.99

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012

15. LooknGr8

LooknGr8 Senior member

Spoo, I have interviewed this guy Pat Morse for a story and gone to his shop (and he took me around the upstairs of his barn, which is loaded with trunks from 1700s-1900s.

Worth a trip up north to visit and connect if you're really into trunks, he's an expert restorer (and probably an outlet for your finds if you're looking for that, too).

While I am not into the trunk thing so much that I collect LVs, Morse inspired me to restore a Civil War era trunk deposited in my father-in-law's attic (previous owner), where I now store sweaters and "dresser overflow now that I'm on SF," ha, and have fashioned a couple kids' toyboxes out of others...he keeps lots of parts in inventory, too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.