The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

nevermind, saw measurements :p

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

2. LooknGr8

LooknGr8 Senior member

For all you Boston/Providence/Hartford people, the BB outlet in wrentham is loaded -- half the store 60% off...and only half of the sale stuff is the dreaded "346." Good shirts in my size (15-32) but if you're bigger (i.e coat size 42, 44) there is a lot of nice stuff

And the RL outlet has some purple label and PRL Italy suits (nice, with the pick stitching on lapels, etc) 75% off the outlet price.

Just...you never see these stores so loaded before, even in end-of-summer sales, etc. Saks off 5th and Barneys, too, worth a look.

Live long and prosper

3. Hoofit

Hoofit Senior member

Is there anyone that would be willing to proxy PRL suit in 46L for me?:D

4. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

That almost works :D. My ideal chest is 23.5", length is good, sleeves need to be let out by an inch. Overall, cost would be about $50 - $60 to tweak or fine tune. If double vented (Zenya is usually double vented though), I am interested. Dibs. I doubt that is an orphaned suit coat, but it looks workable as a jacket. What size you?

5. plei89

plei89 Senior member

Crappy 346 Shirts? Or 1818 & Black Fleece shirts?

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Yep, definitely a sportcoat.

[​IMG]

7. s_allen_p

s_allen_p Senior member

several stores over a weeks worth of stuff

[​IMG]

great shirt but can't find any info on the brand: bicol bird
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

marc jacobs cords
    [​IMG]

and the rest - christian dior monsieur shirt, ted baker shirt, wilkes sport cotton sweater
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Made another stop...a few heartbreaks: Super recent NWT (sleeve tag, price tag, the works) Brooks Brothers 15% wool/85% cashmere charcoal jacket...problems: 1) orphan...which I could normally overlook, but 2) moth hole near the shoulder. Wtf conditions were this in to have a moth hole already?! It looked less than a year old.

Also a super soft Hickey Freeman custom suit...not super recent but really nice, soft fabric and an attractive design. Moth holes.

My finds:

[​IMG]

Very recent US-made Ted Baker London suit. Never seen a Ted Baker suit before. Attractive pattern (faint blue & red pinstripes).

Was heading toward the door and someone left this very recent Burberry London suit hanging from the belts near the checkout (you know, when people change their minds at the register and get too lazy to walk back...I hate that shit. Oh well, my benefit!) - with the braces still attached:

[​IMG]

Oh, and this...my first:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]. Excellent condition, my size! The buttons are almost comically thick, but the shirt is really gorgeous, super soft and very nice overall. Very cool...never seen one before.

So, question...what is this for? I know it's below the tuck line but I don't get the reason/purpose of it...I've seen it on tuxedo shirts before (I think), but I never wear those kind so I never knew what the purpose of it was:

[​IMG]

How much more than thrift prices? Those numbers are in my range..

9. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

From this past weekend of thrifting. Belvest Super 100's olive green w/ large overcheck double breasted peak lapel unvented jacket, size 46R before I list it.... just PM what you want to pay for it and it's yours [​IMG]

Chest, shoulders, arm, length boc = 24 x 20.5 x 24.75 x 31

Color in 2nd hidden photo is prob the best

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. toscano_adottato

toscano_adottato Senior member

The precious...I wants it!

Definitely interested in a proxy. Please to keep me in mind. I don't need to sleep in the bed anyway. My couch is just fine.

11. mrdeep2001

mrdeep2001 Senior member

Talked to him again a little bit ago, he's asking for about $150 per suit. Luckily, I'm already in the market for a suit, but not sure if that's out of the budget for people here as its a thrifting thread. Anything I get I would prefer to offer up to members here, as I've learned so much from this thread. If there is interest, I will grab what I can, but I don't have much disposable income at the moment.

12. mrdeep2001

mrdeep2001 Senior member

Talked to him again a little bit ago, he's asking for about $150 per suit. Luckily, I'm already in the market for a suit, but not sure if that's out of the budget for people here as its a thrifting thread. Anything I get I would prefer to offer up to members here, as I've learned so much from this thread. If there is interest, I will grab what I can, but I don't have much disposable income at the moment.

13. mainy

mainy Senior member

If they are in good shape buy them all :) kiton suit for 150 is such a good deal yikes

14. mrdeep2001

mrdeep2001 Senior member

If mainy says so, i gotta find a way to scrap some cash together!

Side question, how the hell do you ship a suit so it doesn't get damaged???

15. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

What part of the country are you in? Depending on the qty a someone here might be interested in helping you/the forum out to proxy these for a very nominal fee?? Shipping suits is easy (see below) and then put these two packages in a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.