• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 Andro. There's never a HR here in Des Moines, but I do get quite a few singles and doubles (things I can flip for $10 to $50.) After moving a handful of these, I can afford the nice $200+ PRL/BB Golden Fleece/Paul Stuart suits on B&S w/o having to pay anything out of pocket.
We'll never get rich quick, but my wardrobe has seen an extensive upgrade the past 8 months! :slayer:

At least you have a BB outlet :laugh:

Des Moines seems to be growing relatively quickly, I wonder if it will get more and better shops as it's business sector grows?

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
We'll never get rich quick, but my wardrobe has seen an extensive upgrade the past 8 months!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Same here. I love this forum. The amount of NWT stuff at really low prices, not to mention the thrift/used stuff, is insane.

Quote:
A more accurate description is: saw "42L Kiton" --> PMed immediately --> looked at pic and mistook it for an orphan --> prematurely PM'd again saying I wasn't interested IF it was an orphan --> looked at pic again and responses from others eventually realizing it's probably not an orphan and is actually an SC --> became horrified --> wanted to shoot self --> cried.

lol8[1].gif

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
+1 Andro. There's never a HR here in Des Moines, but I do get quite a few singles and doubles (things I can flip for $10 to $50.) After moving a handful of these, I can afford the nice $200+ PRL/BB Golden Fleece/Paul Stuart suits on B&S w/o having to pay anything out of pocket.
We'll never get rich quick, but my wardrobe has seen an extensive upgrade the past 8 months!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I'd take even ONE PRL/BB Golden Fleece/Paul Stuart suits under $400!! in my size
musicboohoo[1].gif

A more accurate description is: saw "42L Kiton" --> PMed immediately --> looked at pic and mistook it for an orphan --> prematurely PM'd again saying I wasn't interested IF it was an orphan --> looked at pic again and responses from others eventually realizing it's probably not an orphan and is actually an SC --> became horrified --> wanted to shoot self --> cried.

I'm sure rayxlui's "dad" is excited. If you put "IF" in there then you should still be first in line...

Last edited:

Everett464

Reaction score
Found two pair of AEs yesterday, in my size, at two different thrift stores, roughly one mile apart from one another.
Top is the Garner Monk Strap; bottom is the Sanford. I paid a total of 19.98 for the two pair. 2.99 for my first jar of burgundy polish, and 39.99 for my first burgundy belt. instant wardrobe changer!
biggrin.gif

Everett464

Reaction score
Found two pair of AEs yesterday, in my size, at two different thrift stores, roughly one mile apart from one another.
Top is the Garner Monk Strap; bottom is the Sanford. I paid a total of 19.98 for the two pair. 2.99 for my first jar of burgundy polish, and 39.99 for my first burgundy belt. instant wardrobe changer!
biggrin.gif

Brianpore

Reaction score
biggrin.gif

Welcome to Styleforum & the Thrift Thread. You somehow messed up the pictures, which is why your post is blank. You can not copy and past them from an internet source but instead need to copy and paste the HTML into the source area in the posting. PM if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Everett464

Reaction score
biggrin.gif

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just re-read my outgoing message...I said "it looks like an orphan to me so I'll probably have to pass"...no contingent "if". I definitely renegged anyhow after my first PM, so fair is fair and I will live with it.

I'd take even ONE PRL/BB Golden Fleece/Paul Stuart suits under $400!! in my size
musicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif

I'm sure rayxlui's "dad" is excited. If you put "IF" in there then you should still be first in line...

Brianpore

Reaction score

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tem8m.jpg

Yo, self-help alert:

I assume, from the paltry amount of PMs -- OK, zero PMs :embar: -- that there's something terribly awry with this Hickey Freeman Boardroom suit. Is it just like unimpeachably old or something? Is it the shoulders? The lapels? Ahhhh!

I bought like five of these when I first began this new hobby. Now I just want to give these away....

...but I can't.​

Last edited:

lastdonb

Reaction score
Non-clothing thrift.....I umpire baseball in my spare time here in AZ and I needed a new rolling duffle to tote my equipment (old one broke). Been looking for awhile, yesterday was going to an umpire meeting stopped at GW in Phoenix and picked up this:

lastdonb

Reaction score
Last edited:

Everett464

Reaction score
First pic is the Garner Monk Strap; second is the Sanford. I paid a total of 19.98 for the two pair, 2.99 for my first jar of burgundy polish, and 39.99 for my first burgundy belt. instant wardrobe changer!
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads