The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vexco

vexco Senior member

I totally didn't mean to come off so cavalier about it as I was extremely excited. These are easily the best things I've ever found around here. I'm still finding new spots around here so hopefully I can be pleasantly surprised a bit more.

2. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

3. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

I believe it's just referred to as a "crow's foot", but I highly doubt that how a button is sewed on is proprietary.

4. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

^^

+1. It's called a crow's foot stitch. It's common on high-end shirts. I've seen it on Fray, Isaia and I think Truzzi.

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

like spoo. :foo:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012

6. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Found this herringbone windowpane suit on my late lunch break - almost didn't go. All edges, pockets, and lining are pick stitched. LP super 100's fabric. Anyone know this maker?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

Got back to everyone, my bad if I didn't make it clear, i may be open to selling some of the stuff (the few things that don't fit), but everything else i put up Is to let people know I'm willing to trade them off for something I really want. That also goes for the few shirts from last week Purple label linen, purple label blue shirt, Frogg, etc. I'll sell of a few things that fit me, but if I can't find something i want I may just lurk for a bit. I just say this because I don't mark up my prices much so I don't make too much whenever I sell up here, hence why I'm not in the biggest rush to sell. Thank you for the offers though and like I said, I am willing to entertain the offers I just can't guarantee I'll be selling everything. Oh, and here's a link to the album from last week, still haven't worn these shirts, which I'm also willing to consider trading for the aforementioned things. Etro is gone though.

I went backhand edited that post to reflect what's definitely available and even up for sale if I can't get a trade. Everything else im likely not gonna sell (really want some shoes and this damn suit), but I'll keep you all informed

http://imgur.com/a/28tsq#0

Finally, I'm also willing to accept a pair of headphones for something. Weird request yes, but this is the thrift bragging thread. I don't know who has got something hidden here.

8. Xenos

Xenos Senior member

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángele
    vexco, welcome to the forum. Nice haul!

If those don't fit, throw them up on the Buying & Selling thread and you may get some takers, although most here feel B&S isn't what it used to be.

If not B&S, they will definitely sell on eBay and with halfway decent pics, you will get a minimum of $200 per piece.

Good luck.

9. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Senior member

Not much this weekend. The only thing of note that i found was this mint Corneliani DB (6/2) suit. No measurements but seems to fit around a 41 or 42 (Tagged 50EU).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

+1 - I can confirm from my own shirts Kiton, Attolini, Barba, Borrelli, Truzzi, Fray and Luciano Barbera (as you've discovered) all use it. I've seen it on a Isaia shirt (at retail) and am pretty certain that Finamore, Donanna and Matuozzo use it as well though I've never seen those brands in person. If you have any of those three in something like a 17-18 and want to let them go, PM me. :devil:

Interestingly, not every maker - even some who do some handwork - uses this stitch for their buttons... it's not necessarily BETTER I don't think, but it is kind of something to show off.

:slayer: Glad to see it getting some good wear! :) Thanks for posting the pic!

11. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Where is "around here"? :devil:

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Goddam boys, thrift bragging thread has never been so poppylar

13. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

It's a good thing to see. Now that I'm home I'll PM those measurements to anyone who wanted. And yea, to the Kiton slayer of the day nice haul. Also, can anyone ID this Seiko for me(will probably ask in the Watch thread but I didn't get a pic up with the rest of the stuff and I dont know if I'll get it back today if it can be fixed):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Xenos

Xenos Senior member

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángele
    Just a few recent ties:

Brioni, PRL, Borrelli, Prada, Brioni

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And is the PRL possibly a grenadine? Still trying to get the hang of identifying those.

[​IMG]

15. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Looks like grenadine to me!

Perfect Christmas tie :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.