Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

I have a pretty informal shipping consolidation policy and will generally consolidate if the items win at or around the same time, AND the buyer messages me and requests it, but like you said, you're not exactly a prognosticator so I don't think it's reasonable to expect you to hold up shipping on items on the off-chance the same bidder wins a later item. Was he bidding on the second item at the time he won the first? And has he left feedback already? If no and yes, I'd probably tell him to kick rocks (in the very logical way that you did above). If yes and no, I might refund a few bucks out of the kindness of my heart (but I'm generally too kind in this regard).

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012

2. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

Everything is available :satisfied:

3. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

I actually have my auctions set up to automatically give a shipping discount "for items shipped at the same time" of 25% off the 2nd 3rd etc item "shipped at the same time". How much was shipping that he is asking for $15 back?? Even if he wont 2 suits at $15 each I never give free shipping for the 2nd item.. that being said one option (not the best), would be to give him a $15 shipping credit on the next item he wins form you? That way you get another sale and he gets a break (not that he really deserves it). Again I always put in all listings "items shipped at same time".

4. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

One more non-bragging question if that's ok? [​IMG]

Do you all have any sort of method for getting the red mark-through marker that's used to prevent returns off a label? (NOTE: THIS IS NOT FOR AN ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT THE NO RETURN POLICY - It's for a clearly used, non-NWT item (an older Oxxford Onwentsia)...I just know that the marker will drive the price down and it's an ugly blight on an otherwise quite gorgeous suit. [​IMG]) Anyone? My guess is that the very reason they use the red markers is because it's not really feasible to get it off. Such a shame; such a nice suit.

5. grendel

grendel Senior member

I'll throw my hat in the ring if they're 10-10.5 US...

6. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

I am not known or famous for my soothsaying / clairvoyance skills. Bidder indicated I was incompetant for not combining postage, but perhaps he does not think outside the box like you do.

Did not check at time whether he was winning or not. No feedback left, but his record of leaving seller feedback is generally good, only one or two negs/snarky comments but both sellers he left feedback on had large amount of negs by other bidders, so nothing unusual there, perhaps they were bad sellers.

That is absolutely excellent advise. I charged $15 for postage (it is way too complicated to figure out rates). If postage is more than $15, I suck it up, if it is less, I send small Paypal refund to buyer. Usually it is around $14.99 at the Fedex / USPS service at a computer repair shop. But since you Pmed me on the postage, I can see future postage not being so pricey. Anyway, this is my last eBay auction for clothing, I will be using proxy in future. I will stick to what I can sell and sell well, which is Archery / Shooting equipment accessories, and Vinyls. I suck at selling clothes, my camera sucks, I dont have good photography skills. eBay message being sent to the buyer, not that he will be likely to bid on my items in future unless he is keen on Archery, Hunting Bows, or Heavy Metal LP's :lol:

7. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

x2

You do not owe him anything. He should be happy you were so fast in shipping

8. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

+1 - the usual rule with combined shipping is that they need to wait for you to send ONE invoice with ONE payment for ALL items they win. That way you don't pay ebay fees on shipping costs that you didn't actually charge.

And I hate to break it to you guys but I'm all over those EG's like white on rice even if they're white and blue suede knee-high-boots. I've never even seen / handled a pair, or for that matter anything nicer than C&J, so I'm pretty interested.

9. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

haha good :plain:

It's just as well, I just ordered some DC Lewis double monks in brown suede :slayer:

10. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

+1 on everything said above in regards to Klobbers quandary.

Now, back to the finding of the thrifted things!

Isaia Shirt:

[​IMG]

Harris Tweed herringbone overcoat with super delicious buttons for Carroll and Company:

[​IMG]

Yes, I took this picture in a parking garage, I'm sorry! The coat is much more brown than gray.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. rose04

rose04 Well-Known Member

I stopped by an extremely hit or miss store after work today and came away with these:

• Ralph Lauren Purple Label, made in Italy black with grey pinstripe suit, dual vent with ticket pocket, labeled size 38 US
    • Giniluca Isaia grey heather three roll two sport coat, dual vent with ticket pocket, dated 2004, labeled size 50 EU
    • Isaia Napoli blue striped linen sport coat, dual vent, dated 2009, labeled size 48 EU
    • Kiton grey sport coat with blue and black windowpanes, labeled size 38 EU

My best guess is that all have been tailored somewhere between 38-40S.

Unfortunately none fit me, all should be available if anyone here is interested. It just didn't feel right to leave these on the rack. I'll try to post photos soon, my camera battery is charging.

I did end up leaving a Ralph Lauren Black Label suit, Brooks Brother’s 1818 Fitzgerald suit made from estrato by trabaldo togna, and a Ralph Lauren Black Label suede peak lapel sport coat/fake tuxedo jacket. The suits were 38S the jacket was 38R. When this goodwill sees Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren then tend to get excited and price a little high… I wasn’t sure if anyone would be interested.

12. matt22616

matt22616 Senior member

13. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

:slayer:

be prepared for a PM deluge....

14. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

Posting again with pics and sizes:

Blarney Woolen Mills Sport Coat
    Chest 22, Waist 21, Shoulder 20, Sleeve 26, Length 29
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Southwick Sport Coat
    Chest 21.5, Waist 21, Shoulder 20, Sleeve 25, Length 31
    [​IMG][​IMG]

RLBL, XL, neck is 16.5/17
    [​IMG][​IMG]

RLBL, same sizing
    [​IMG]

RLBL, Same sizing
    [​IMG]

Paul Smith Shirt, M
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Brioni, XXL neck 17.5
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BB Makers, 16.5 34/35
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Zegna, 17.5 44
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Zegna, XL
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Hilditch & Key, 16 38
    [​IMG][​IMG]

PRL
    Chest 20, Waist 19, Shoulder 19, Sleeve 23.5, Length 29
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

but... upon further inspection I find this hole. Keep or return?
    [​IMG]

Also, two brands that I didn't recognize, will probably return. Guy Laroche Paris, and Clacton Frinton. Also left behind a Christian Dior Boutique shirt. I hadn't seen that dior label before. What's the deal with those?

And a nwot ysl shirt for myself...

15. MattR

MattR Senior member

:fu:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.