• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoofit

Reaction score
It was a tie day for me. I haven't found much to brag about over the past couple of weeks. Appologies for the washed out photos.
L to R
Gitman Bros wool, Massimo Bizzochi, Canali, Faconnable. All are available since require XLong ties.
IMG_8071.jpg

Oh and a nice Harris Tweed jacket I still need to measure.
IMG_8072.jpg

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
The Kitchenaid Accolade 400 with all the crap... don't overlook housewares, guys - if I end up selling this it'll bring $200, maybe more since it has all the stuff with it
P1070183.JPG

Wifes...damn, I've been looking for one of these! You know how hard it is to get all the lumps out of cupcake batter with just a spoon
censored.gif

Last edited:

MattR

Reaction score
How wide is the Gitman Bros?
3.5" wide 58" long

dibs if Brian passes

also, you're missing out without a wife (or soon-to-be wife as the case may be). The quality of foods consumed typically goes up exponentially (beef-a-roni vs. well, food). Although, you might be able to thrift one in russia

Last edited:

ilikethelights

Reaction score
A kitchenaid mixer is near the top of my things I want to find thrifting right now list. I wish I could be so lucky.

lastdonb

Reaction score
A kitchenaid mixer is near the top of my things I want to find thrifting right now list. I wish I could be so lucky.

I was walking through a GW last week and glanced down at the pile of TV remotes and there was a barely used Toshiba remote that was the same one I had, but mine was broken, $2.99 and it works like a charm.....

Zackb911

Reaction score
I think I did fairly well... Been thrifting a few times for fun but finally feel I actually snagged a few nice things.

You guys can let me know how I did... :slayer:

Also not shown 2 cheap pairs of Levis Im keeping.

Brioni 100% Linen Shirt 25" P2P(To Flip)

20120123_143237.jpg

PRL 100% Cashmere Black V Neck sweater (May keep need to try it on)

20120123_143247.jpg

Hickey Freeman 48L Madion Sport Coat or orphaned jacket (Can't tell) beautiful condition with a recent silver label in a nice silk/wool blend (To Flip)

20120123_143225.jpg

And finally an LL Bean Barn coat canvas I think, removable lining Mens small but fits like a trim Medium (fits me too, keeping it)

20120123_143259.jpg

MattR

Reaction score
^ Those all look great. Love the pattern on the Brioni. If you get rid of the PRL, it should give you a pretty good amount if you're using ebay.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's moments like this that erase all the horrid images of disease-infested cat hoarders, cross dressers and other undesirable sights. Makes thrifting a hell of a lot more pleasant. Oh and +1 on the pics! :nodding:
My wife would go crazy for that Kitchenaid! She's been pestering me about a bright pink one at Williams Sonoma for about the last year. She has a perfectly good serviceable (and pretty new too, maybe 3 years old) white one. Maybe women collect these things as we do suits and shoes? :laugh: In any case, this is a perfect example to always check the housewares. The Accolade is the upper model too. Score!!
Those Kenwoods are beauties, too. ;)

Whenever I mix anything my wife is inspecting the machine moments after I am done using it. If I leave any mess on it, man do I hear about it :laugh:

Great find, a color like that should sell well.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How wide is the Gitman Bros?

Wifes...damn, I've been looking for one of these! You know how hard it is to get all the lumps out of cupcake batter with just a spoon
censored.gif

Recipe for those red velvet beauties?

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I did fairly well... Been thrifting a few times for fun but finally feel I actually snagged a few nice things.
You guys can let me know how I did... :slayer:
Also not shown 2 cheap pairs of Levis Im keeping.
Brioni 100% Linen Shirt 25" P2P(To Flip)
20120123_143237.jpg

PRL 100% Cashmere Black V Neck sweater (May keep need to try it on)
20120123_143247.jpg

Hickey Freeman 48L Madion Sport Coat or orphaned jacket (Can't tell) beautiful condition with a recent silver label in a nice silk/wool blend (To Flip)
20120123_143225.jpg

And finally an LL Bean Barn coat canvas I think, removable lining Mens small but fits like a trim Medium (fits me too, keeping it)
20120123_143259.jpg

Trying so hard not to be tempted by that Brioni shirt and HF jacket... if that jacket had patch pockets, or if I hadn't just gotten several new jackets... ;)

LOL you never know what you'll turn up on the thrift thread!

BTW whoever was looking and asking about Edwin Nazario - that's made by Caruso, 100%. It's a brand made for one of the Canadian stores - Harry's or Holt's - I don't remember which, but I looked into it pretty extensively. I found a super 150's sc from them awhile back, it was really something. What saddened me is that there was a SUIT that I left and was gone the next day when I went back. :(

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

You Will Need:

• 1 Box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
  • 1 1/4 Cups Water
  • 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
  • 3 Large Eggs

Directions:
  1. Prep: PREHEAT oven to 350°F for metal or glass pans, 325°F for dark or coated pans. GREASE sides and bottom of each pan with shortening. FLOUR lightly. (Use baking cups for cupcakes).
  2. Mix: BLEND dry mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). BEAT at medium speed for 2 minutes. POUR batter in pans and bake immediately.
  3. Bake: BAKE following chart. Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads