Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

I went through my mid - late 1990's Versace phase. Moschino another super loud brand I used to love during that period and Just Cavalli in late 1990's/early 2000's. I am glad I made it through in one piece and am now in the process of restoring my dignity. The only loud brand that I still buy is Etro, I dont know why I love this brand so much.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012

2. valium

valium Senior member

i have a Etro suit thats all business on the outside and a party on the inside with some psychedelic lining man.
    if you love ETRO check out Duchamp,they take it to the next level

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Your wife is my kinda lady, Nat. :laugh:

For those who give a hoot, Lady Gaga there was wearing all 1991-1993 vintage GV. Donatella opened up her archives for her and allowed her to wear virtually everything from Giannis hey day. The "Bondage" collection was no doubt some of Gagas favs, and I am sure were not returned. By no small accident, this was just before the launch of the Versace x H&M collection, and the two ensuing collections that Donatella released were heavily influenced from her brothers baroque creations.

Madonna and Versace jewelry have a long history. She was also the ambassador for the "Tiara" collection, all D flawless diamonds, limited to 3 or so of each in the world IIRC. Madonna also wore the real Tiara (hence the name of the collection) in a famous ad campaign. It cost over $3,000,000 and was all internally flawless diamonds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. grendel

grendel Senior member

No overcoat when you went back?

5. grendel

grendel Senior member

I've got an Etro around size 45 I think that you might like... Not the really loud stuff, much more wearable.

6. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Re. HF Bespoke. I saw one of these once. I don't think it was actually bespoke as it did not have the original owner's name on it. It had another tag that was Neiman Marcus, though. So it may have been one of those deals where they try to imbue class with a slogan like "fine corinthian leather..."

7. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

PM me with a pic, I may definitely be interested :)

Got one similar to this early last year
    http://www.duchamplondon.com/suits/heavy-mohair-suit-8179

Duchamp stuff is cool, shirts are wacky in a non offensive way.

Problem with Etro suits though is they are fused. I have one at home that I like but it bugs me that it is not canvassed. I can thank Styleforum for that.

8. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

:D

Wow Spoo, you really are the Versace Wizard! I looked and could kinda tell they were Versace but could no way pinpoint their vintage. Amazing! :worship:

9. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Seriously. Spoo is some sort of Wikipedia for Versace. I fully expect that 500 years from now - when humanity has manged to fully fuck itself over - future humans will be regaled with tales of an odd designer by the name of "Versace" in Spoo's centuries-previously-recorded voice, a la "The Time Machine." Observe:

(also, lol @ a black, more sassy Spoo. Also, please find out the maker of that 19th century mini- cravate cuz that shit is fucking sick and I would rock it all day long. Thanks.)

10. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

A thrift store I went to today had 3 (I think) "Mani, Georgio Armani" suits or coats. Would these be worth picking up? I passed on them because this thread has taught me not to go for the typical brands.

11. Pawz

Pawz Senior member

DELETE

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012

12. MattR

MattR Senior member

No! We must have conformity! Assimilate or perish.

13. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Damn Valium that is nice. With that and the turntable you have no excuse not to expand (or step up) the vinyl collection ( Do you think you could get the back fixed where someone was dumbass and wildly cut cabling holes through? I'm gulity of that on the Ikea shelf we use for our TV...but it's IKEA!!!!

FWIW...$800.00 in 1964 adjusts to $5,838.19 in 2011.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012

14. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

A little late to the game on this, but I saw a Versace tie the other day at Marshall's. It'd been marked down to $40 with various red tags stacked one another. It was yellow with a few blue dots and a ton of Medusa heads all over it. I'm not sure how long it'd been there, so I can't help with a timeline for the markdowns.

15. calisanfran

calisanfran Senior member

Zegna PS from Marshalls for 15 bux. :hide:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.