The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Also their "higher end" stuff gets a purple price tag. Generally this means that these items will be passed over for reductions as they are feeding off of brand name, etc. I find that a lot of the purple tagged stuff, especially the more expensive stuff, will sit there for a week or two after initial mark downs before it is given its due.

2. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

3. grendel

grendel Senior member

I'm a 16/41 and would love some RLPL and Borelli [​IMG]

Want to proxy?

4. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Hey! I know that jacket. It's a little too rich for my blood, and it's also too long. Do you ever go to the Marshalls on Peachtree next to Gordon Biersch? It's drowning in good stuff too (even more so than that location). I'm also really considering that purple gingham shirt, but I probably won't pick it up.

5. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

Absolutely, I plan to pick them all up today anyway, pretty sure I could flip em quick up here. Seeing your sizes, this guy has given away a lot of what you are looking for (I think I saw a Givenchy, Canali and Oxxford suit all 40-42 R, two Dolce and Gabanna mainline ones were gone unfortunately. Also a pretty nice overcoat. I'll keep a lookout to see if someone hasn't bought them already.

6. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

not to fond of the seller actually, he bought a pair of nwt tom ford pants from me for 36.00 and in feedback was complaining that there were no tags and label was hanging by a thread, i mean come on, seriously???? :brick:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012

7. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

8. grendel

grendel Senior member

Dibs on the overcoat! [​IMG]

Did you check the shoes?

9. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

what I hate are the ones who buy stuff from you, complain about sheen or issues or damages of some sort (which may or may not actually be there and were described if they were) and demand a partial refund, then turn around and resell on their store for four or five times the price BIN and claim it's NWOT... nowadays if I get a high-feedback bidder I check them out and if it looks like that I figure out a way to block them and blame it on ebay issues... I don't mind providing other people's inventories who take better photos/listings/etc than I do, but I do mind when they whine and demand a partial refund on an item that most likely sold for under 40 bucks. :mad:

edit: and I don't have an up-front no-partial-refunds policy to deter this kind of thing because partial refunds have genuinely, honestly saved my butt a couple of times - once when I missed a moth hole and once when the buyer's measurements and mine differed (genuinely - it was a difference of opinion, measuring tapes and methods). gets me good feedback, lets me salvage breaking even, and has resulted in one recurring customer so it's been well worth it... but I realize I've just been lucky, knock on wood.

10. royskeen

royskeen Senior member

I believe that most J Lindeberg suits work as separates, much like theory (which is of comparable quality). Good find!

11. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

+1 i was stupid enough to do an auction with bad pics and got screwed im pretty he sure he bought the pants and flipped them, so what really bothers me about him is he knows how bad feedback can ding someone since hes a high volume seller, plus he makes a nice profit off my poor photos! im pretty sure he also made some incredibly low ball offers on some of my stuff like insanely low, actually insultingly low /rant

12. rayxlui

rayxlui Senior member

Dibs on Givenchy if its the recent label.

13. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Jeez!! I wish they'd send some of this stuff to my locale. Nicest thing in our men's section has to be the $149 Marc New York leather jackets. :brick:

14. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

I believe it's near navy just not deep blue navy. However, it is 52 EU (42R). Funny as this and the other CC suits are hung with the US 50s sizes. CG and this one all say btw 50-54 EU, but are not close to being "big".

15. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

That seller ID will be on my block list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.