The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

2. catside

catside Senior member

Some examples of those BINs. They should be bragged in this thread, don't you think?

3. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I usually do mention them, I like seeing other peoples deals as well (unless you are my size, in which case I get angry for missing out ;) )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/29065110069...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1180

Note the listed size, and the measurements. Then notice the tag on the SC. He used the template from another SC he must have sold. A friend pointed out the size on the tag, which just happens to work for me. The listed size scared off all the potential buyers, so I got it for a song :)
    (assuming the tag size is correct)

4. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Jealously I look on. If it does not work for you, I am a 56 and it will work for me if it is long enough :laugh:

5. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Sounds good :fonz:

It's a silk/linen/wool mixture, I am very curious to see what it's like!

Do you have any Isaia SC's in my size by chance? :D

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Yep, tried Dwolla too. Trouble is, I don't like change and I've gotten so used to Paypal over the past 5-6 years. It'll take some getting used to but I'm getting pushed farther and farther away from PP.

A tale of victory and defeat today. Hit a local thrift that gets nice stuff on occasion, but it's few and far between. It's on my daily route, so I try and hit it once or twice a week at least.

Was pleasantly surprised to see a couple recent Armani Collezioni suits. a good sign. Next one was a gorgeous recent Zegna mainline "Tropical" suit. Side vented. Euro 54 R. Tiny bit of sheen on the back of the sleeves, but I couldn't pass it up. I've read that the sheen can be lessened or removed online as well. Hmm, we'll see. Went through the pants and found a pair of suit trousers from another recent Zegna suit. No jacket. Turned the store upside-down. Even had a nice lady check in back for me on the racks coming out. Nothing. I bought them anyway and will check back tomorrow AM as well as the following few days to see if anything turns up. Dang!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012

7. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

I've successfully used Dwolla a couple of times now - the biggest problem is overcoming Paypal inertia.

I could get payment for FREE through Paypal Personal - but I'd RATHER get payment through Dwolla and pay the 25 cent fee!

8. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

I have one in solid navy (actually more midnight blue or very dark navy) that is close to your size - a 56L. Measures 32" BOC, P2P 23", Shoulders 20", Sleeve 26". It is right on my threshold of wearability, I am 50/50 keep or flip with it - but I wont be crying tears of regret if you want it :laugh:. I have a YSL Navy SC in much the same style except I prefer it and it fits me better.

9. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Only problem with PP is that the buyer eats the fee.....which is also a joke.

10. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Don't you mean seller? Buyer only has fees if using a credit card.

11. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Wow that is pretty much spot on! We'll take it to PM from here ;)

12. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    You have got people to pay you on SF via Dwolla?? I have an account with them , maybe thats the way to go these days. I need to look into it.

13. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Special offer for forum. I have a bunch of dress pants I thrifted but want to move on.

Burberry London Tan
    Zanella Dark Tan
    Zegna Black
    Brooks Brothers Houndstooth unhemmed (new?, but 2 holes near the bottom of hem)
    Ralph Lauren Polo Solid Gray

All pants are pleated and are sized for a 37 - 38 waist approx. I am about to donate them to a thrift store (I got them from a thrift store but in retrospect, they dont work for me), if any of you want them, you pay shipping and maybe 2/3 bucks per pair just so I dont need to cry in my beer. Yes, I do not try clothes on at thrift stores, too many queues for changing rooms :fu: and I have no patience hanging around like a chump eyeballing others waiting.

PM sent, I will gladly trade if the SC works on me ;)

14. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

1) Very nice of you!
    2) Why can't these be 30's
    3) You really hate ebay that much that youll donate them back..

15. orchestrion

orchestrion Active Member

Here are a couple pics of the aforementioned Zanella trousers. Size 33 x 32. They're too big in the waist (and cut a bit full for my liking) so they're available. Let me know and I can take a few more pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's the Sears suit! The sleeves and the pants need to be taken out a bit before everything looks normal on me, but I think it was a pretty interesting find. The lining on this thing is crazy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.