• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Any suggestions would be most appreciated :)
Quote:
Any pointers to an eBay guide for newbies and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
thanks
deburn

I almost replied the first time but didnt want to be called a jerk
patch[1].gif
, but come on .... this is the "thrift bragging thread" not the "I'm a newbie, how do I flip stuff on ebay thread". I'm really not looking to give you a hard time, but this is the WRONG thread to be posting this question, hence why no one responded the first time. Use the search function on the forum or make a new post asking for help or suggestions, and I am sure you will get help/suggestions but this is the wrong thread.

Quote:

Thats not a real problem, but is a pain. Just tell him to ship them back and give him a refund. Make sure to take good measurements and put in big bold words right above the measurements LOOK AT MEASUREMENTS - NO RETURNS (even then I still take returns so I dont get negative feedback).

Quote:
If you just let the stuff sit on ebay someone will come by and buy it or make you a nice offer :) I find like with selling pretty much anything in life, it's not usually the price but just finding the right buyer (if you have the time).

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I still can't see a difference between the two. Is it just that the Canali is always entirely in Italian, or is there some actual physical difference between the two tags that I'm just not seeing? Thanks!

Brianpore

Reaction score
Hmmm. I still can't see a difference between the two. Is it just that the Canali is always entirely in Italian, or is there some actual physical difference between the two tags that I'm just not seeing? Thanks!
Canali looks to have the "capi" on the right hand side...

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Look at the order and placement of the fields on the tag. The top right field on the Corneliani is "Ordine", on the Canali it's "Cliente" and "Ordine" is to the left of it. The PRL is obviously the same as the Corneliani, but the Dior Monsieur you posted is Canali.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the exact same jacket in my local thrift this past weekend. You didn't happen to be in the northern part of our fair state when you picked it up, did you?

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like a combination of the headings being all in Italian on the Canali, and the canali having the "Capi" in a different section. Thanks.

Look at the order and placement of the fields on the tag. The top right field on the Corneliani is "Ordine", on the Canali it's "Cliente" and "Ordine" is to the left of it. The PRL is obviously the same as the Corneliani, but the Dior Monsieur you posted is Canali.

clintonf

Reaction score
Ah, interesting. Really great stuff - thanks a bunch clintonf!!!

Compare the two pictures that I've just "borrowed" from the eBay links and then compare to the label that you have. You should see that Grendel is correct.

1. Canali

2. Corneliani

In addition, Corneliani tends to have the model written in English (at least of the one's I've seen) and both the Canali and Corneliani have different typefaces (fonts).

Still, Canali's not a maker to laughed at.

I really hope that this helps?

Clint

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
Still, Canali's not a maker to laughed at.

I was speaking to a friend of mine who sells suits, he said he gets so many Canali suits in because the American businessmen buy them. If you offered them Kiton or Canali, they would take the Canali, just because it more likely they have heard of that over Kiton.

Brianpore

Reaction score
Quote:

I was speaking to a friend of mine who sells suits, he said he gets so many Canali suits in because the American businessmen buy them. If you offered them Kiton or Canali, they would take the Canali, just because it more likely they have heard of that over Kiton.

Tell your friend to pick up those Kiton's at super great prices for use SF members
mwink[1].gif
or I'd take a Canali in 36S Slim (do they even make that size lol)?

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Went thrifting again. This time everything is for sale. I'm taking pictures right now, but here's a listing of what I got. Tell me how I did:

All long sleeve button downs in good condition:

Thomas Pink - Made in Ireland - L
Two Flowers - Made in Italy - XL (Looks much smaller)
Matteo di Rota - Made in Italy - 18/45
Matteo di Rota - Made in Italy - 17.5/44
Sorrani - Made in Italy - 17.5/44
Ralph Lauren Black Label - Made in Italy - 15.5
Ermenegildo Zegna - Made in Italy - L

I took more pictures, showing the full shirts and details. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Last edited:

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, the newer Canali seems to be very nice stuff. Softer shoulders, nice SC patterns. I'm impressed with it. What's the new model called again?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size is the Nom de Guerre? :D
Tagged Medium but seems to run small - pit to pit is ballpark of 19-20 inches(!) - it's a VERY stretchy cotton, but I really think it's probably more like a Small. Photos of yesterday's finds:
P1070135.jpg
Dang! Amazing find, though!
Great job paypal... I feel bad for the seller. Sounds like the buyer might have smashed a fake or something else to get her money, and kept the violin. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technol...leads-destruction-2-500-violin-165546210.html
:fu: Have I mentioned how much I hate Paypal?
Wow, ya learn something new everyday. I thought it was a Corneliani tag until now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads