• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha, they are sold, thanks though. I think I am going to miss them, the houndstooth pattern is so good. Sold for sixty, so i hope it was a good deal for the buyer! :nodding:
nice and dry cleaned mmm.

$60 for Hermes pants, that buyer must buy you a beer. I know they are second hand, but still ...

Tell that guy who gives you Hermes clothing he should go on a binge eating diet and should pork out to a size 46L in suits and 38" waist. Tell him to buy a few Kiton K50 suits and many Hermes related items, and then donate to you where you can flip them to me for rock bottom price. Lets make this arrangement, I can send your friend a few gallon tubs of ice cream to get this process moving.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$60 for Hermes pants, that buyer must buy you a beer. I know they are second hand, but still ...
Tell that guy who gives you Hermes clothing he should go on a binge eating diet and should pork out to a size 46L in suits and 38" waist. Tell him to buy a few Kiton K50 suits and many Hermes related items, and then donate to you where you can flip them to me for rock bottom price. Lets make this arrangement, I can send your friend a few gallon tubs of ice cream to get this process moving.

He can buy some stuff at 41 / 34 on his way up.... We can make this work.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For $60 that was an absolute steal! Geez - this guy buys Hermes pants?! What does he do?

Those darn lawyers :hide:

Hahaha, i should get a price check with you guys first. But seriously some guys just have all the money.

:foo: I'm trying to make him lose weight though...

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those darn lawyers
peepwall[1].gif

Hahaha, i should get a price check with you guys first. But seriously some guys just have all the money.
foo.gif
I'm trying to make him lose weight though...

He can get gastric bypass after he gets to 46/38
laugh.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hi guys, my friend's dad gave me a bunch of clothes when he was closet cleaning and gave me a pair of hermes pants. 99 percent sure it's real. I am selling them right now but for the buyer's sake I want to make sure that it's real so can anyone help me confirm based on the tag and the ...tag?
Am i allowed to call teh Spoo if i don't post in this part of SF often?
Edit: thanks in advance

You are.. and they look real to me. GLWS!

I will take them off you if that 42 tag means a 42 waist :devil:.

Just from a picture of the label? :confused:

Ah me silly 42EU = 32US. Thanks for considering me, but they will not work for my more bulky 38" waist. I suspect Spoo would want dibs on those as well.

Bless your heart, but its a 34 pushing a 36 these days...

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bless your heart, but its a 34 pushing a 36 these days...

Ahhh, happy marriage bulge. Happened to me, got married and canned on 15LB's of weight in no time. I used to be 34" waist and a picture of athletic beauty, now I am packing a 38" waist and in great danger of adding more to my girth.

I guess the real reason = wife, child, busy job, and whatever little free time you have, gym Vs relaxing = gym loses out.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All settled in in the sf bay area now I anyone needs a thrifting buddy! :)

I will pop you a pm when I am back from my time off in Arkansas,approx 3 weeks from now.

Last edited:

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Lol I don't need help finding hotspots. I found them in Dallas and I'd imagine they're easier to find here.

If you want some good places in Dallas to go to when you visit lmk

Klobber I'll be anxiously awaiting a pm, I'm bored lol

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've had coats taken out at the back center seam... Cost about $35 and gave me a lot more room in the arms and chest.

Good god, man, do you mean to say they increased the P2P for that price!? Please, tell me exactly what to ask for, I beg you!

Found either a Samuelsohn or Corneliani SC (I get them confused), brown, @ 38 S-ish. Another Oxxford suit, charcoal, red stripes, @ 40. Will post pics, kindly inquire as to their fit and modernity.

MattR

Reaction score

Good god, man, do you mean to say they increased the P2P for that price!? Please, tell me exactly what to ask for, I beg you!
Found either a Samuelsohn or Corneliani SC (I get them confused), brown, @ 38 S-ish. Another Oxxford suit, charcoal, red stripes, @ 40. Will post pics, kindly inquire as to their fit and modernity.

Pics would be lovely. I'd be especially interested to know what the waist/length is on the SC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads