The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

journalists, too. actually with journalists it's mostly dockers. jeans are a step up.

2. floors to go

floors to go Senior member

Today was an opening of a new Goodwill in our area. Got to pick up a ton of records before they were picked through. Grabbed a bunch off BB shirts some were New w/out tag.

-Vintage BB Shawl Tux - looks to be a 39-40
    [​IMG]

-Coogi Sweater - Starting think it may be a fake, everything on it but the tag looks right. Any input would be appreciated.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Fake. I learned this the hard way. Easiest way is to look at the letters: the "C" will always be yellow on a real one:

http://reviews.ebay.com/Fake-COOGI-Sewaters?ugid=10000000004600607

EDIT: Oh shit, wait, amended...didn't realize it was "Coogi Basics". It's hard to decipher what he means by this part with the picture, so the verdict is uncertain:

2nd, the letters in the word COOGI ARE ALWAYS COLORED AS FOLLOWS!!!!!!:
    C - Yellow
    O - Blue
    O - Green
    G - Orange
    I - Red
    3rd, COOGI Sweaters have weight to them. If the sweater you have is PAPER THIN, then it ain't a coogi! Sorry
    4th, and last but not least:
    The COOGI BASICS line was created for simple designs and color patterns. Hence the name COOGI BASICS!
    Example:
    [​IMG]
    They were not ment to be fly and flashy with colors coming out the ying yang, so if the sweater is too gaudy but the tag says basic then guess what...you got it, it's FULGAZY! ( that's italian for fake if you didnt know )

Though yours looks to be "flashy and fly", so maybe it's not legit. Not sure.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011

4. grendel

grendel Senior member

Measurements on the tux? I may be interested

5. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Not as great as a thrift store finds, but made my day. 6 Jos A Bank shoe tree sets for $20+tax. They had buy one get 2 free. $25x2=$50 with 4 free and I got a coupon in the mail for $30 off any purchase of $30 or more so a total of $20 + tax for 6 sets out the door.

6. floors to go

floors to go Senior member

Thats what Im questioning the RN# matches and the other details from that guide are right, the Basic threw me for a loop.

Chest - 21 1/4 Waist - 20 1/4 Shoulders - 18 Sleeve - 25 BOC - 32
    Pants - 35 + 2 1/2 / 31 + 3

7. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

For the White Album, it depends on how bad the water damage is, if there is mold and if it's an original or special pressing. If it's the original (black Capitol Records label w/ rainbow band and numbered cover) with pristine vinyl, it could be worth a decent amount.

That sucks about those drawings. I'd threaten legal action and try to scare them. I would never leave anything of that sort of value anywhere. I'd insist on watching them frame the drawings so I can make sure they don't "disappear".

You should be able to have that removed relatively easily. I've seen eBay remove feedback that can be proved wrong, ie: a Item Not Delivered related case that can be proven wrong with a simple tracking #.

I'm in.

That sucks! :(

Sadly, I don't think there is any hope for your friend. I think I remember someone saying Paypal/eBay doesn't accept digital evidence (photos,videos,etc). Hell, they don't accept any evidence. I provided them with crystal clear evidence and they brushed it off. :brick:

Deets?? :D

8. catside

catside Senior member

[​IMG]

And passed bunch of other stuff including the ugliest Charvet I have ever seen (really Nataku, I'm serious dude), couple of old Benson &Clegg shirts, Zegna shirts, orphaned Armani and Oxxford jackets ., aJPress trad suit etc. After getting a neg. feedback from a buyer who never contacted me but claimed a J&M Aristocraft shoe (J&M!!) is fake I don't want to do eBay any more thus passing stuff that do not fit me. That rating was not removed despite of the buyer 1. did not answer mails 2. did not return shoes 3. did not ask money back. How about that? So I feel you guys' pain.

Anyway, my daughter wants to do a thrift for charity project for high school. Maybe will help her when she starts.

9. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Hrm, found something kind of odd, but it was NWT so I took a flyer on it - anyone heard of this brand? MNWKA - Mishka ? http://mishkanyc.com is on the tag (other side).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

11. MattR

MattR Senior member

Ha, wow. What a creeper.

The weird thing is it is emphatically NOT a matter of opinion whether the item arrived or didn't arrive. I mean, I can say I'm Napoleon, but that doesn't make me Napoleon.

12. datsunfan

datsunfan Senior member

I found more shoes that are just a size off today. Burgundy Alden 905's 8.5 B/D. They look like they have only been worn outside once or twice and are available. I also found a pair of new AE McAllister wingtips in size 14 AAA that I didn't buy. In the unlikely scenario that someone happens to be that size and wants me to proxy I can go back and get them (they're close so it would be no trouble).

[​IMG]

13. GHo

GHo Senior member

nice shoes

14. MattR

MattR Senior member

Damn, everyone has had shoe luck lately. Only once in a blue-moon out here.

15. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Not following. Is it the button collar points, the pocket or the color?

The shirt color is fine...as long as it's not worn by me! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.