The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Senior member

Along with another stack of records I brought home a few Sulka items today all size 54 with all having surgeon's cuffs.
    wool DB suit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cashmere SC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    wool blazer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All of them have the same tag are in very good condition. I left another suit and at least one more jacket are they worth it to pick up tomorrow morning?

2. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Quote:
    Yes you can mark it under where you type your paypal email address to require immediate payment for BIN items. I actually just did this on every new listing going forward for the same reason. FYI, you might need to go into the "other options" or whatever they call it to be able to see that option. It wasn't there for me initially and I had to add it.

Quote:
    I would say so if they are thrift prices and you want to flip them for a few bucks.
    Look at the completed ebay auctions for Blazer/SC ($64->$168) http://www.ebay.com/csc/Blazers-Spo...=sulka&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  3. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Hmm, could have sworn I posted this, but guess it didn't go through.

Any Sulka in good shape is worth grabbing, especially suits and sportcoats. Score on that cashmere one! I'd go back and grab the rest if I were you. There's quite a bit of demand for Sulka items.

4. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Senior member

Thanks Brianpore and Nataku I'm gonna go snag them in the morning. I looked at active ebay listings earlier and it looked like Sulka stuff wasn't getting much action. None of what I picked up was marked up I've only ever seen my local stores do that on BNWT stuff luckily. Nataku I think I read your into psych rock I found a Ursa Major-S/T LP today and it rips. Very thrashy at time and spacey at time, you must check it out if you haven't heard it.

5. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

^^ Yup, that's me. Ursa Major - black LP cover with a white dotted constellation on the cover? If I remember right, it was a power trio that recorded on RCA in 1971-1972? I had that a long time ago - you're right, it's a monster. I've been looking for it for a long time and can't find it. I may have to buy another copy. Thanks for bringing it back to my memory!

6. mainy

mainy Senior member

I think the made in italy sulka suits and stuff are by st andrews. which would make them very awesome, must grab

7. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Two questions related to a recent find in a Goodwill in San Diego during holidays.

1) How good is a Dunhill Tweed Sport Coat? Good find / Bad find? Dunhill are a decent brand name, so I figure it is quite good. Anyone want to trade, it is size 40R?

2) How good is an authentic Louis Vuitton bag? I purchased it for $20 but it had a broken lock. Good or Bad find? Is it worth getting lock repaired? Here is the PIC of the bag.
    [​IMG]

8. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Totally crap, you should return it or send it to me and I'll double your money + cover shipping [​IMG]

9. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Ugh. Bittersweet find: my first ever Samuelsohn suit, Super 120s. While it looks recent (though I don't actually know...any tag experts willing to help me out?) and the jacket is in great shape, the pants have a patch of pulls on the seat of one side :-/. Close to fitting me, but too big in the waist, so it's going to have to go :-(. As a bonus, though, she let me keep the Wooden Samuelsohn hanger. This was the first time I asked, and she actually informed me that they throw them away (!!!!), so I'll be asking for pretty much every wooden suit hanger I find there (they don't get many of them, to be honest, and I don't think I've ever found a nice high end suit one).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

:fu:

Im still not convinced, but Ive moved up to about 50%.

Kop. Now. (if real)

11. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Not sure about Dunhill. Alfred Dunhill stuff is very nice, but this is recent stuff that's sold at Saks and the label will say "Alfred Dunhill London". The regular Dunhill stuff that I've seen hasn't impressed me at all.

That LV bag looks like a briefcase/portfolio. If it's real and you can prove that it is, it can be worth a great deal, broken lock or not. Even with the broken lock, I'd say you could get $400+. I'm no expert though, as I've never found any authentic LV.

Nice! That Samuelsohn hanger isn't wood - it's composite and made by Mainetti. Very nice hangers - really sturdy and I love the velvet on the trouser bar to keep them in place. They are used by a lot of makers. I've seen them used by Attolini, Cucinelli, Isaia, Kiton and Borrelli. I have several for Isaia and I got a bunch of Samuelsohn ones a couple years ago in regular and wide shoulder models.

12. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

its recent and in my size. interested in trading? have pics of the pulls?

13. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Ahh, thanks for the info. Yeah, it's definitely way nicer than any of the suit hangers I currently have, which is really cool. I even offered to pay for it, but she just told me to keep it since they throw them away anyhow. Meanwhile, they guard the plastic hangers at this place to the death..haha. She actually thought I was asking if I could keep the plastic pants hanger for some a BB shirt I bought at the same time and said they didn't sell them until she realized I was talking about the Samuelsohn hanger. It actually makes sense though, since they have so few suits but a shitton of non-suit clothes that require the plastic hangers.

14. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Sure, I'll take pics, but the pulls are pretty extensive so I doubt you'll be interested...I missed them until after I'd left. Such a shame...an otherwise very nice suit.

15. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Pants:

Flash:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No flash:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.