Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codhead

codhead Senior member

Yup that's definitely a bespoke label.

It's also the label from the last Huntsman tweed that I sold on eBay :)

The single button is Huntsman's "house style", although being bespoke tailors means that they will cut to any design the customer requires (within reason). I can highly recommend James Sherwood's book "Savile Row - The Master Tailors of British Bespoke" to anyone who wishes to learn more

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011

2. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Wow, amazing haul, congrats!!

3. codhead

codhead Senior member

That's definitely a man's trench.

Aquascutum had a bespoke service in the past but that looks like it could be a custom made coat, whether to a specific customer's requirements or just the store's specification, I can't say. One thing I can tell you is that's the first Aquascutum coat I've ever seen with such a striking lining. Most of the time they'll be in beige, dull gold or possibly Aquascutum's House Check. But that's a coat I'd be proud to own & wear.

4. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

I have one of these I got from a Dillards outlet once... wish I'd gotten more. I didn't realize how nice they are at the time, just knew it was a big step up from the "regular ties." They moved production back to the states so all the Made in Italy that's out there, is out there. I do think these are worth picking up - they seem to sell decently though not great, but I'd keep any that were wearable patterns. Yeah, they're that good.

Gratz on the Zegna in your size (and of course all the other stuff), always fun! :)

5. mainy

mainy Senior member

6. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Too pricey, but I love Etro ........

Song playing on radio is sweet temptation :laugh:

Better leave it there, but if that thrift store is having a half off day on that tag color, swipe them all please :fonz:.

7. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Probably a good move on the GTI. The truck is just an image that popped up during google search for "OMG". It made me "LOL". :lol:

My search for a luxobeater daily driver continues...

8. mrdeep2001

mrdeep2001 Senior member

Passed on a "V2 by Versace" suit, couldnt remember if it was the old style or new style, but it wasn't my size anyway
    NTW Ike Behar shirt, Black & grey checked Ben Sherman Jacket, and a Loro Piana shirt with a hole in the sleeve that I snagged for the purty buttons

I'm not even sure what this was...

[​IMG]

9. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011

10. goneAWOL

goneAWOL Senior member

I bought a fake "authentic" NFL jersey off ebay as well. There are insane amounts of those listings on ebay.

11. MattR

MattR Senior member

By request, the bowties from yesterday. One is a mystery, since it didn't have a label. But I suspect it's a BB Makers, because it feels like the same fabric, and it has the same patent number for the adjustable clasp.

They are all for sale. (http://www.styleforum.net/t/275058/...talbott-bowties-geometric-and-striped-designs)

Anywhoot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Xenos

Xenos Senior member

Thanks. Will probably return the suit. Not worth the effort. And will definitely return the shirt. Thanks.

Thanks. Although I really like the scarlet lining, maybe that was what gave me pause. Will keep it. Thanks.

13. dwcopple

dwcopple Well-Known Member

Picked up a like new navy Burberry suit for $12 that is too short for me, didn't work for my father-in-law either so I will flip it. Got a Givenchy(25 cents), Pride of England($1), and Brooks Brothers($1) ties for a total of $2.25.

14. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

I hit the jackpot......

Sulka made by Brioni sc-functional button holes, condition is so so, good kick around jacket. 2 broken buttons on the sleeves, a few small fabric issues. Its a black and white houndstooth with a blue grid pattern, super tasteful. Unvented. 56 Euro 46 US, R.

Pants: All are 36-38 inch waists, 32 inseam. I can do pics and measure if you are interested.
    Bamford and Sons grey flannel flat front-wool and cashmere-not sure what to say except these are holy grail pants.
    Pal Zileri-Flat front blue flannel, I think these were MTM as the construction are superior to the Zileri pants I have from suits.
    Oxxford-pleated blue flannel, these have the new diamond patterned interior fabric....these are amazing.
    2 pair of Brioni moleskin flat fronts-brown and kakhi-super soft and heavy weight bad ass.
    1 pair of cream bespoke pants, most handwork I have ever seen in a pair of pants, side adjusters, every possible tacking and seam are handswen.

Ties:
    Hermes-blue and green subtle pattern, really lovely and not fake
    RL Purple label-first time ever seeing one of these, its a greek key pattern in grey and purple, looks unworn.
    Mark Shale yellow grenadine-a classic and amazing hand
    Turnbull and Asser US and GB flag tie!-this thing is crazy, green field, with american and british flags on it
    Robert Talbot BofC patchwork tie-I think Alan had one of these, they are cool, in burgundy and navy
    2 awesome polo ties-usual awesome patterns.
    2 Italian label ties I have never heard of, but the construction was fantastic and the patterns were super

Zegna zip up cardigan with leather patchs on elbows

Pretty much all up for sale or trade.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011

15. MattR

MattR Senior member

[​IMG]

Good lord, man! What a haul. All from one place or multiple?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.