• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Magnanni from yesterday. Very nice looking pair of shoes. Too bad they are too small. 7D :facepalm:
Magnanni002.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnanni-le...4681333?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item25698da875

:nodding:

Last edited:

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a terrific day today. Recent Canali suit, St Andrews suit (tiny hole in pants, but still worth picking up), about 12 recent ties (Zegna, Paul Stuart, Armani), couple Robert Graham shirts, recent pair of Zegna wool slacks, 2 pair of AE shell cordovan shoes and the pièce de résistance... Polo Ralph Lauren hand knit 9/11 commemorative sweater. Looks like it should go for around $400 on Ebay. :slayer: :slayer:

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Very respectable finds.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not too bad of a day. Got my first ever Canali tie!! And it's a pretty nice design, at that

Would love some help on this one..."Forga" with what appears to be a French address. Nice design, skinny, and feels like decent fabric, but I can't find a damn thing about them online. I'm guessing it's some small unknown boutique shop or something, so oh well...it's a nice tie and I'll definitely wear it. Anyone have any idea?

Also got a BB Makers "All Supima" (also my first Supima find) that's in mint condition. I'd normally pass over a BB Makers, but Supima seems to be relatively well desired.

A nice PRL sweater that I would normally pass over, but fits me like a glove and is in terrific condition:

Finally, another item I'd normally pass over but fit me like an absolute glove and fills a gap in my closet - A nice Southwick tweed jacket. I actually like the consistency/feel of this one better than the Harris Tweed stuff I've seen.

Also, passed on an Irish made "Donegal handwoven 'Magee'" tweed jacket. They seem to do pretty well on the bay (http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw...n+tweed&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313) considering it was $7, but it had 2 small moth holes near the 2 vents in the back, so I passed.

MattR

Reaction score

Not too bad of a day.  

Finally, another item I'd normally pass over but fit me like an absolute glove and fills a gap in my closet - A nice Southwick tweed jacket.  I actually like the consistency/feel of this one better than the Harris Tweed stuff I've seen.

This is great. Southwick has an excellent reputation among the trad people over at Ask Andy. The guy who runs An Affordable Wardrobe is big on them, too.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Would love some help on this one..."Forga" with what appears to be a French address.  Nice design, skinny, and feels like decent fabric, but I can't find a damn thing about them online.  I'm guessing it's some small unknown boutique shop or something, so oh well...it's a nice tie and I'll definitely wear it.  Anyone have any idea?

You wont find anything, its a damn nice tie though. Looks like great quality from what I can see.

I come across a ton of ties from Italy with all these strange maker names that you'll never see. Rarer to see French ties of this sort but I do see them. Dont let the lack of a known maker dissuade you, quality is quality.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Finally, not sure how authentic/flippable these are so,

V2 DB suit:

V2 shirt:

I love that ******* SpooSignal. :lol:

The suit is ancient, maybe 91 or so. You should be able to get $100 with a pinned mannequin shot and a nice tie... maybe $125. The pics need to rule though. The shirt, as Nat noted, is probably Fugazi.

Make a video tape of you putting the item in the box, make sure the camera never leaves the box/item and make sure there are no breaks in the feed. Maybe this would work?

Would not work. Tried. Nobody gives a **** and Paypal does not accept digital evidence.

sell them on ebay. note they are fake, but see if you can get $150 in a buy it now listing. worth a shot. will cost you some bucks in fees, but you could at least get the majority back.

Nope, gotta be craigslist or something. You will get crucified if you sell a known fake on eBay (and they catch it or someone reports you).

very interested in this, seems it could save everyone money here on the forum i think we should try to spread this through the forum, (i wonder if they have the same tax deal as paypal and google checkout :D)

Precisely.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found this a couple weeks ago I finally got around to taking pictures. It's the first "vintage" sport coat I've bothered picking up because it was in such good condition. Looks to be about a 40-42 Short based on the measurements.

Unfortunately it's Andover and not Andover Shop.

Stewie

Reaction score
Anyone know if Quoddy shoes are labelled? Picked up a pair that I'm 98% sure they probably are, but they have no label or markings.

D.

Aqualung

Reaction score
Anyone know if Quoddy shoes are labelled? Picked up a pair that I'm 98% sure they probably are, but they have no label or markings.
D.

Used clothes are virtually worthless which is why they were thrown in the goodwill bin in the first place.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good Day here, 3 stores - 3 suits.
Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece 3 Button Navy Pinstripe Suit (actually fits me, but will probably flip),
Burberry Prorsum Brown Checked Plaid Suit (also fits me, what are the chances).
Also found a Brooks Brothers 3 Button Blue and White Pincord Suit today (Believe it or not it is also my size).
Does anyone know anything about this BB label, as far as the product line and estimated age? (See photo below)

Picked up 2 Harris Tweeds (not Saville).
Brooks Brothers 1818 plaid button down shirt.
John Nordstrom Herringbone buttin down shirt.
And to top it off. A NEW pair of Church's Custon Grade Shoes (already listed on the bay)
NWT Churchs Diplomat Cap Toe Brogue 9.5 B Black Leather Custom Grade Wing Tip10% off Buy it Now prices at my store www.somethingeverythingandmore.com when you mention SF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads