• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a pair of brown, triple-pleated Zanellas yesterday. About size 36, if I had to guess. Is anyone interested?

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And the shirts. RLPL button down is tagged L, RLPL Polo is XL, Lacoste is size 7 (~XL):

I'd be interested in the orange polo. My college colors are orange & black and that would be nice to wear to alumni events.

toscano_adottato

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

ok... let me know if anybody would be interested in this but: i have like, 250-300 items i will be trying to get rid of here in the coming months (30-40 pairs of shoes, 30ish suits, 20-30 coats, 45-50 sportcoats, probably 75-100 ties, 30ish pairs of pants), basically a ton of stuff that I have been picking up. i'm pretty good with ebay, so I was thinking if anybody has stuff they would want to trade me, i could post up a big list and we could work some trades out but with the understanding that anything i'm gonna trade for i'm going to ebay. ultimately, this would result in people here getting stuff that fits them, and i do the hard work of selling the stuff they picked up that doesn't fit them.
if anybody would be interested in this post up and let me know and i will start making a list of items, which will take a while in and of itself.

Interested fo sho.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About time I found something worth mentioning! I thought the whole nice-donated-clothes supply dried up here. All about being at the right place at the right time, though. Saw a rack of clothes being rolled out of the back room. As I planned out my course of attack, I saw three others doing the same. I spotted this gorgeous pattern peeking out as well as bellowed pockets, so as soon as the rack stopped, I snagged it right as the three others pounced on the rack. Saw the Barbour tag and had this in my mind :slayer: .

Stone mint Barbour Tweed Beaufort jacket. My size (M in Barbour). Has the throat latch too. Love it! This store is getting wise, though. Had to cough up $25 for this puppy.

DSC01047.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

Last edited:

ilikethelights

Reaction score
Daaaaaaaaaamn that's nice. As an outwear enthusiast, I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of awesome coats like that in my thrifting experiences.

rose04

Reaction score
Something of a depressing day, I came across a pair of just barely worn brand new looking Alden tassels loafers – but, in size 15 narrow!

gdwy89

Reaction score
The other day I find some shirts from Lord's (tailor in Hong Kong) and I've been meaning to post them here for some clarification.

Can anyone translate this monogram for me?

20z4hfc.jpg

Assuming there isn't some miracle where these are actually my initials, are there any suggestions as to what I should tell people curious about it's significance?

In other news:
- black Thomas Pink shirt with MOP buttons
- Burgundy Levis Jeans
- a near new pair of white canvas Sperry Top Sliders for my best friend (which, along with an all leather University of Miami baseball cap [can't believe I haven't posted that here] and Joe Gibbs' autobiography [all thrifted] should make a good Chanukah present)
- Blackwatch Pendleton shirt jacket
- the first not ugly Zegna tie I've ever seen in person

Last edited:

rose04

Reaction score

I spotted this gorgeous pattern peeking out as well as bellowed pockets, so as soon as the rack stopped, I snagged it right as the three others pounced on the rack. Saw the Barbour tag and had this in my mind :slayer: .
Stone mint Barbour Tweed Beaufort jacket. My size (M in Barbour). Has the throat latch too. Love it! This store is getting wise, though. Had to cough up $25 for this puppy.

Awesome! That's what I dream of.

LuckyDogJack

Reaction score
Hey everyone! long time lurker and wanted to join in :D

Found these Bruno Magli loafers, High Sierra boots, plus a pair of Johnston and Murphy shoes. I cleaned the J&M up with some ivory soap, then polished them twice. Will work on the boots tomorrow.

Album:

http://imgur.com/a/mXJCH

MattR

Reaction score
Some pics of the Oxxford and PRL blazer

Oxxford

PRL brown 3-roll-2 blazer w/ patch pockets (ole' color blindness got me again. the misses says this is milk chocolate brown.)

Tagged a 38. Somewhere between a short and regular.

90% wool, 10% cashmere.

1/2 chest = 20.25"
1/2 waist = 18.75"
sleeves = 24"
shoulders = 19.5"
BOC = 29.75"

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a busy week or so (IRL, not thrifting), and only managed to go twice in the past 2 weeks - a low for me. Still snagged some pretty decent stuff:

A pretty mint Armani Collezioni dress shirt

Pristine Zegna with the nice, thick MOP buttons. The Armani fits, but the Zegna is way too big, unfortunately :-/.

Pretty recent (tagged 2003) Tom James "Filo A' mano" sportcoat, Holland & Sherry fabric

Another recent (tagged 2005) Tom James "Filo A' Mano" SC, Holland & Sherry fabric

Black (I think so...that, or a REALLY dark navy..it's honestly hard to tell) "3 roll 2" Brooks Brothers gold button blazer (see pics below for the "roll"). The button detail is really cool; it has the Brooks "346" emblem on it.

Brooks Brothers windowpane tweed blazer

Brooks Brothers & Salvatore Ferragamo ties. The Ferragamo looks/feels like it's never been worn

Florsheim Wingtip Brogues, fantastic condition

Vintage Hannover wingtip brogues, also in fantastic shape

Unfortunately, everything above doesn't fit in some way. Lol, so much for sticking to thrifting stuff only in my size.

Last edited:

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matt I really wish that PRL brown herringbone SC was my size!

You should be able to get some decent money for it though.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Daaaaaaaaaamn that's nice. As an outwear enthusiast, I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of awesome coats like that in my thrifting experiences.

I know, right?! For being in Minnesota, we sure don't find much nice outerwear. Other than this, I've only found a recent Schnider's of Salzburg down jacket w/ read fur hood and another Barbour loden wool jacket that was too big. That's it. All I ever seem to come across is ancient (60's-70's) wool overcoats that fit like a paper bag and smell like moth balls with a few newer cheapies here and there.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
found 3 mint brioni shirts today, 1 needs a monogram removed. Billy Reid thin v neck sweater size L. gorgeous tweed top coat that may end up being a shade too small for me.

But the best find of today was a Beavis and Butthead tie LMAO,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics