The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

If you want me to just send me a PM, always willing to help out SF members.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Aw, thanks! I did bow ties this week.

As for the jacket, absofuckinglutely. In my pre-SF life, I had an obsession with Adidas.. still do actually. Before I was wearing proper shoes all week, I had a collection of over 40 Adidas Superstars and related product to boot. An Adidas leather jacket was always on the list, but never fulfilled. Until hopefully now. Thats awesome. I hope he writes me back *shufflesfeet*. Would be perfect with, oh, I dunno. These?
    [​IMG]

3. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Sweet kicks. Being a lifelong tennis player, I've always gone back and forth between Nike and Adidas (I'm wearing Nike now). I thought about doing a pair of Barricade's up on the Mi Adidas site to play in. A friend of mine did and they looked sweet. I think they didn't fit his feet right to play in so he wears them casually.

4. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

:lol:, a brave man is not afraid to admit on SF his passion for Adidas sneakers (which to be frank are pretty effing cool).

BTW, I was and still am a Nike Airmax 91 man, so there you go.

Do you remember that sneaker brand LA GEAR, circa late 80's to early 1990's? They vanished off the planet but I do recall owning a pair that lit up at the back when you walked.

I agree with you on that Adidas jacket, I would wear the crap out of it if it were my size.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  5. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

LA Gear...didn't Karl Malone endorse them for awhile? My early 90's shoe was I got a pair of the original Reebook Dee Brown pumps in black to play in for my matches in college. Vert common to see guys playing in black shoes now...not so much back then.

Two of my all time favorites are the Diadora Borg's (way cooler then the retro ones from a few years ago). And Superga made a really sweet show back on the early to mid 80's.

6. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

I was a Junior High / freshman High School when LA Gear were the rage. All I know is that they dissapeared never to be found again.

Did anyone's high school have an implicit fashion rules on shoes, mine, if you did not go Reebok, Nike or Adidas, you were lame? LA Gear and Cons were tolerated. Anyone remember that?

Oh, how could I ever have forgotten Reebok pumps? Must have owned at least 10 - 20 pairs of them during high school.

7. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

These are awesome! :slayer:

Wow, I completely forgot about these! I had a pair that lit up too. They were black with neon green accents. Often paired them with a pair of black Zubaz-style pants that had neon zig-zags all over them and my white "Choose Life" shirt ala-WHAM! :embar:

8. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Yeah, mine were white that lit red. Usually paired either with a shell suit :embar: or a pair of cargo's :satisfied: coupled with some flaming skull with snake out the eyeballs style tee shirt. Man, I knew how to dress back then :lol:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  9. mainy

mainy Senior member

its ok spoo... i have like 10 pairs of superstars i wear all the time. i think my fascination with them was rooted in the greatness of run-dmc, but regardless they are the best sneaker ever designed IMO

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

+1 and +1 - I had the JMJ editions too... sold em though, almost wish I hadn't.

11. threeleggeddog

threeleggeddog Senior member

I was just reading about the founder of Sketchers, who also started LA Gear in the 80s. It's not really surprising, as both companies took every opportunity to capitalize on hip-to-exercise trends. The founder's name is Robert Greenberg, who despite sounding like a d-bag, has an interesting career (started his "fashion career" by selling wigs). Also learned that Mark Nason is owned by Sketchers - Mark Nason happens to be the name of one of their VPs.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  12. jobro

jobro Senior member

Me too! I have had many pairs. Can't go past the persian and teal colour ways!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  13. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

It's funny to see so many former, and possibly still, sneakerheads here....I was a Jordan collector for a long time, and only recently started selling off a bunch of old pairs. I think I had close to 30 pairs at one point.

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I worked at Foot Locker in HS when Run DMC was big. When they donned those leather adaidas sweatsuits everyone wanted them. A few months later they showed up at the store. Nobody ever bought one, though, at $500.

15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Had a pair of shell tops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.