The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

I guess my question would be, why wouldn't you? USPS includes it for free, standard, if you ship via "click 'n ship" (USPS Priority, which for lightweight items like shirts, jackets, and ties is pretty cheap). I guess you could go with cheaper shipping methods, which would save you a buck or two though, but with high ticket items, I'm pretty much guaranteed to do some sort of tracking/signature confirmation.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

2. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Yeah, if it didn't have tracking they could just claim it never arrived. I sent it with signature confirmation so she had to sign for it. I don't think insurance would have done me a bit of good in this situation either. After all, I guess all I insured was a "t-shirt".

3. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Yeah, but you put an estimated insurance value when you sent the item. That way, if the claim was that such item was never received, the onus would be on USPS/UPS/Fedex to prove receipt or pay the declared value (up to their max, which may be $250 or less, which would admittedly not help you much in this case), which would relieve you of a great deal of the burden...hypothetically, at least. If buyer's claim was that they received the item and it was in subpar condition, well, that doesn't help so much. Honestly though, that's why I try to take pics of almost everything I send out..."just in case". I know they wouldn't be admissible in a court of law, but at least pictures showing the quality of the shirt before it left your hand would put you in a defensible position to make your case to Paypal/the bank companies, et al.

4. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

haha, i'm new to selling and i guess to me, it seemed that international shipping + tracking for USPS, it is way more expensive and i thought the price will be way less appealing. In any case, i just sold a gitman shirt without tracking to a dude in australia ( i think he made an account just to buy it) but i think it'll go fine... I'll stick to tracking on my next sale (slightly used hermes pants?). Nataku, i don't have much experience with this, but i hope all goes well! :nodding:

5. datsunfan

datsunfan Senior member

I found a pair of barely-worn black Bruno Magli cap-toe oxfords. Size 10.5M if anyone wants them.

[​IMG]

6. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Ahhhhh. International shipping, that's a whole 'nother can of worms. My comments were only geared toward domestic shipping, so sorry for the confusion. I actually only ship CONUS, just to avoid having to deal with the expense/heartache that is extracontinental/international shipping. So kudos to you for that.

7. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Wow, gorgeous shoes. Wish they fit me - nice find.

8. woolnotmutton

woolnotmutton Senior member

I took a run to my favorite goodwill today.. it just a 3 mile run so round trip was 6 mile loop.. Found a Gianni Versace Couture linen/wool/mohair blend jacket. Has a couple of snags on arms but for $8 I had to grab it.. I know this is 100% legit, will put up pics once batteries finish charging :( dual vented 4 buttons, 24% mohair 24% wool 52% linen. Also got a double cuff Lorenzini probably from same guy as my last Lorenzini.

Yes spoo pics are coming don't worry :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. woolnotmutton

woolnotmutton Senior member

not worth much, I think its a suit seperate, worth to be worn, but not to reweave.

10. JChance

JChance Senior member

Beside some Christian Dior ties and Port of Rotterdam (7-fold) ties, today is the first time I thrifted something worth talking about: a sealed AppleCare Protection Plan worth $250+tax for 10 bucks at the local Goodwill :)

11. jobro

jobro Senior member

What product does the plan cover?

12. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

13. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

whoah that sucks! and to think you had others in line willing to pay......... please keep us posted on the outcome!

14. JChance

JChance Senior member

Macbook/Macbook Air/13" Macbook Pro, just in time as the warranty of my gf's apple is about to expire

15. MattR

MattR Senior member

Here are some pics of the BB 1818 Madison I picked up yesterday.

:::EDIT::: I'll just add, this is the charcoal. I've had a question or two about its color. (http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...GREY&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=#null)

I'm going to give it a day to see if anyone here is interested, but then I'll throw it up in B&S. The measurements are below the fold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Measurements:

P2P: 21"
    Arms: 23.5"
    BOC: approx. 30.75"
    S2S: 18.75"
    Note: The waist feels a little tighter than a normal 40.

Pants:
    1/2waist: 17"
    Inseam (measured directly underneath the crotch): approx. 31.5", w/ about 3" to let out.
    outseam: 43"

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.